GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm not sure. You start the season with a coach, fire them, and then you're into interim coaches.

Do it in the off-season and you have a lot more availability and can start the season 'fresh'. I think Boucher oversold his system and bought himself time by telling everyone how 'hard' it was. Fact is the system isn't working and he's not adapting to the new NHL style. The powerplay and penalty kill have been atrocious. That said he can only play the players available to him.

It's tough to say the "system" doesn't work when we went to the Conference Finals last year playing it.  It's tough to explain how things have failed so miserably this year...right now I'm pissed to hear him lay blame at the feet of the young guys and then also pissed at the org for not giving more NHL minutes to prospects right now.

Far better off in the AHL playing lots of minutes. Boucher also wasn't blaming anybody, it's just reality that a team with a depleted lineup full of young guys will look like that.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm not sure. You start the season with a coach, fire them, and then you're into interim coaches.

Do it in the off-season and you have a lot more availability and can start the season 'fresh'. I think Boucher oversold his system and bought himself time by telling everyone how 'hard' it was. Fact is the system isn't working and he's not adapting to the new NHL style. The powerplay and penalty kill have been atrocious. That said he can only play the players available to him.

It's tough to say the "system" doesn't work when we went to the Conference Finals last year playing it.  It's tough to explain how things have failed so miserably this year...right now I'm pissed to hear him lay blame at the feet of the young guys and then also pissed at the org for not giving more NHL minutes to prospects right now.

Far better off in the AHL playing lots of minutes. Boucher also wasn't blaming anybody, it's just reality that a team with a depleted lineup full of young guys will look like that.

It's not a lineup "full of young guys". The three "young guys" are Chabot, Wolanin, and Chlapik. I'd like to see at least two more "young guys" called up from Belleville to see some NHL action before this season is through.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I must have missed the game last night where the Sens had a team full of young guys. Confused!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

It's not a lineup "full of young guys".  The three "young guys" are Chabot, Wolanin, and Chlapik.  I'd like to see at least two more "young guys" called up from Belleville to see some NHL action before this season is through.

Chabot, Wolanin, Claesson, Harpur, McCormick, Chlapik, are just a few who I consider to be lesser experienced young guys. I wouldn't call anyone up at this point unless Belleville's season ends before ours.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:As for buyouts, I am assuming they mean Burrows. Gaborik has been okay IMO. Ryan another buyout potential...

And just to clarify, they may 'offer' Karlsson a contract but he may want to take it. They may 'offer' him $10M/8 and trade him when he says no. They 'offered' Turris a contract too.

Exactly... they will try to lowball him . And that’s IF he’s actually part of the team by July 1st.

There is a chance we are keeping kalrsson. Emotions can play a factor in everything. Between the up and downs of the season on the GM and ownership, the reaction to ownership by the fans and the prospect of ridiculously low renewal of season tickets there may be some readjustment from management towards keeping him.
On the part of kalrsson, loosing his son might factor into things. The reactions from the city. As devastating as this is, maybe his wife feels like h9me is where she’d rather closely be. I can’t say Because I have no link to that but if maybe he was leaning on the side of leaving, maybe that might be a pull back. Or not. Maybe the opposite.

All I’m saying is emotions are super high and it’s been a rollercoaster. Things could change. IMO the situation still looks like thenone around the trade deadline but it could not.  

You assuming they would try to lowball him is ridiculous. They also didn't lowball Turris. They didn't agree on term. And they got a way better player as a result.

It’s not ridiculous. It’s very well possible that they offer him 6 years at 9 mill and say they made an offer he didn’t like. Who knows but that’s one way to give false promises to the fans.
Point is, Dorion isn’t saying he’ll pay market value for kalrsson, he’s carefully choosing his words to say “he’ll offer him a contract”. And there’s no guarantee he didn’t lowball Turris. If anything, from the rumblings we heard the Sens did offer Turris a contract that wasn’t incredible and never came back to the bargaining table with counter offers. That certainly doesn’t sound like negotiations.
Sure we got a better player, I hope we get to keep him. I would have rather we get to have both Turris and duchene.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:As for buyouts, I am assuming they mean Burrows. Gaborik has been okay IMO. Ryan another buyout potential...

And just to clarify, they may 'offer' Karlsson a contract but he may want to take it. They may 'offer' him $10M/8 and trade him when he says no. They 'offered' Turris a contract too.

Exactly... they will try to lowball him . And that’s IF he’s actually part of the team by July 1st.

There is a chance we are keeping kalrsson. Emotions can play a factor in everything. Between the up and downs of the season on the GM and ownership, the reaction to ownership by the fans and the prospect of ridiculously low renewal of season tickets there may be some readjustment from management towards keeping him.
On the part of kalrsson, loosing his son might factor into things. The reactions from the city. As devastating as this is, maybe his wife feels like h9me is where she’d rather closely be. I can’t say Because I have no link to that but if maybe he was leaning on the side of leaving, maybe that might be a pull back. Or not. Maybe the opposite.

All I’m saying is emotions are super high and it’s been a rollercoaster. Things could change. IMO the situation still looks like thenone around the trade deadline but it could not.  

You assuming they would try to lowball him is ridiculous. They also didn't lowball Turris. They didn't agree on term. And they got a way better player as a result.

It’s not ridiculous. It’s very well possible that they offer him 6 years at 9 mill and say they made an offer he didn’t like. Who knows but that’s one way to give false promises to the fans.
Point is, Dorion isn’t saying he’ll pay market value for kalrsson, he’s carefully choosing his words to say “he’ll offer him a contract”. And there’s no guarantee he didn’t lowball Turris. If anything, from the rumblings we heard the Sens did offer Turris a contract that wasn’t incredible and never came back to the bargaining table with counter offers. That certainly doesn’t sound like negotiations.
Sure we got a better player, I hope we get to keep him. I would have rather we get to have both Turris and duchene.

There is a zero percent chance they offer him 9 million. Don’t be one of those sens fans who likes to speculate everything and say the team will do anything to save money. It’s ridiculous and not based on anything that has happened now or in the past. They will offer market value for karlsson, without question .

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Problem is market value here versus tax free states it's a huge difference.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Let’s be real this thing has nothing to do with money. If he signs here it will be for less than what he could get elsewhere

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

There is a zero percent chance they offer him 9 million. Don’t be one of those sens fans who likes to speculate everythingand say the team will do anything to save money. It’s ridiculous and not based on anything that has happened now or in the past. They will offer market value for karlsson, without question .

There is a 100% chance that you aren’t part of the Sens negotiating management. Don’t be one of those fans that pretend they know more than Sens front office or even other fans.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Let’s be real this thing has nothing to do with money. If he signs here it will be for less than what he could get elsewhere

Actually, since Melnyk signs and approves payroll cheques, that means money is part of the equation in my opinion.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Problem is market value here versus tax free states it's a huge difference.

Market-value here versus tax-free states that are willing to overpay to get their man. Yes, huge difference.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

The baby Sens have signed two-time Ottawa Senator David Dziurzynski. I liked him. That knockout really messed him up though. Glad he is getting another shot at his admitted dream. I don’t expect to see him a third time, but good luck to him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't even think the tax free states have to overpay. There are just, what, three teams in tax free states? That's not a lot of competition when signing UFAs. In general, US based teams have a significant financial advantage over Canadian teams, and that is likely the of the reasons why we haven't had a Canadian Cup winner since 1993.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I don't even think the tax free states have to overpay. There are just, what, three teams in tax free states? That's not a lot of competition when signing UFAs.  In general, US based teams have a significant financial advantage over Canadian teams, and that is likely the of the reasons why we haven't had a Canadian Cup winner since 1993.

It is but the sens have not had much issue with it. They get guys signed.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Gustavsson may start in goal today for Belleville. Game is on tv at 4:00.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

And Sexton gets the next call from Ottawa. Ahhhhh!

Go Kanata.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I checked the Rogers grid and don't see the game anywhere.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

TSN2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum