GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:I think Duchene has passed Karlsson for me as my favourite player on Ottawa.

If Duchene sticks around, that’s probably a good thing you like him more than Karlsson based on Bobby Ryan’s latest quote that went public.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:I think Duchene has passed Karlsson for me as my favourite player on Ottawa.

Me too. I see there being a difference between someone you can build a franchise around and someone who is an elite talent.

Karlsson is an elite talent but I am not convinced he is someone you want to build a franchise around. Duchene seems to wear his heart on his sleeve and be an active member in the community. He seems like a true role model and a player that Ottawa has needed for a long time (since Fisher, Neil, and Alfie).

I'm probably going to be berated for this, but it's like comparing the personalities of Spezza and Alfredsson. Spezza had more talent than Alfie but was a plug off the ice. Alfredsson was a legend both on and off the ice. Duchene seems like he airs more on the side of Alfie than Karlsson.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:

If Duchene sticks around, that’s probably a good thing you like him more than Karlsson based on Bobby Ryan’s latest quote that went public.

The one about him and Karlsson being shipped out to the western conference?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Yes, that one.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Yes, that one.

I didn't think that was new intel. They were talking about how close they were at the deadline. Vegas thought they had a deal and ended up moving a lot of what they were offering for Tatar. Vegas and Tampa may potentially be off the market after the moves they've made at the deadline.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

If Philly doesn't make the playoffs they could be players in a Karlsson/Ryan trade for sure. There is the obvious Clarke/Ryan linkage and Philly needs to do something to compete with Pitt, Wash, and Columbus.

They have a lot of interesting prospects in Frost, Konecny, Nolan, Provorov, Sanheim, Morin, Hart , Vorobyov, and a lot of cap space coming up over the next two years.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

I didn't think that was new intel. They were talking about how close they were at the deadline. Vegas thought they had a deal and ended up moving a lot of what they were offering for Tatar. Vegas and Tampa may potentially be off the market after the moves they've made at the deadline.

It is absolutely new intel to me because I am under no obligation to blindly believe media propoganda. Nobody knew anything concrete until today in my opinion. Even still, Brennan could be full of Dung too.

To hear a quote like this from a player means something. If it is a real quote it is factual. A player would only know this from their agent. Agents know. Agents also are slimy and have agenda’s themselves. Either way, in this specific case, I chose to believe Brennan because I hate Melnyk.

Last edited by Lagoon on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

No thanks on Morin.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:

It is absolutely new intel to me because I am under no obligation to blindly believe media propoganda. Nobody knew anything concrete until today in my opinion. Even still, Brennan could be full of Dung too.
Brennan is a lazy "reporter". Saying Ryan is a Buyout candidate is idiotic. Ryan is owed 30M over the next 4 years, his buyout would cost 22.66M due to the signing bonuses. No one, not even the Leafs would spend 22.66M to save 7.34M. Just ridiculous.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I’m only talking about one specific part of Brennan’s article. Ryan’s quote. That’s all I care about.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:I’m only talking about one specific part of Brennan’s article. Ryan’s quote. That’s all I care about.

Does Ryan say where he heard it from? It sounds like he didn't hear it from Dorion and his agent said it was a possibility. For all we know Ryan heard it on Twitter which he admitted to following prior to the trade deadline.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:I’m only talking about one specific part of Brennan’s article. Ryan’s quote. That’s all I care about.

Does Ryan say where he heard it from? It sounds like he didn't hear it  from Dorion and his agent said it was a possibility. For all we know Ryan heard it on Twitter which he admitted to following prior to the trade deadline.

We’ll never know most likely. Doesn’t matter anyway. The entire organization is a joke on and off the ice right now. The amount of negativity and information that gets leaked out by Sens isn’t conducive to success in my opinion.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't think this was a matter of information getting leaked, but I definitely understand your frustration. Thing is most 'leaked' information is speculative or intentional. Rarely does information get leaked by mistake. Dorion has too big a mouth to let anything leak.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

What a frustrating season. Melnyk needs to go.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Wolanin, knowing the Sens prospects like himself, takes one look at the Sens lineup tonight and sees Burgdoerfer in the lineup over his legit NHL prospects like himself and calls his agent. Sign me up as a UFA please.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can’t remember the organization being in anything close to a mess as this. This is next level, laughing stock of the league. The whole thing is crumbling and is the direct result of years of a broke meddling owner that held on to the team too long because he’s trying to maximize his profits and the sale of the team at the detriment of a chance to compete and to maintain a decent team.

I hope it all blows up in his face

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Topical end of the season sens, we’re going on a winning streak when the games don’t matter anymore.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We're what the Leafs used to be.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum