GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
dennycrane
Lagoon
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
wprager
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
Ev
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:DiDomenico cleared waivers.

Harper playing with Ceci tonight. Does Boucher realize a Sabres win in regulation sees the Sens one point away from 30th overall?

Gaborik on the right of Hoffman and Duchene. Shore in between Dzingel and White.

Yeah not to crazy about Harper with Ceci. Chabot would have made more sense. Maybe they’re trying to spread out the rookies. Harper did have some great moments last year.

It’s still surprising to me that claesson is just benched and they are done with him. He shown such promise last year.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It’s hard to believe it but GMs are calling on oduya. Bag of pucks and conditional. Make it happen!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Didomenico back on waivers. I imagine this is to make room for Gaborik?

McCormick was sent down too.

So McCormick, Thompson, DiDomenico out. Gaborik, Shore, Dumont in
Dear lord, can’t we waive him also? I’d rather have McCormick or DiDomenico than him.

He must have some incriminating evidence on Boucher from his junior days. Maybe pictures from some rookie hazing party with Guy involved. It's gotta be something like that.

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:It’s hard to believe it but GMs are calling on oduya. Bag of pucks and conditional. Make it happen!
If Boucher would use Oduya as 5-7 he’d have been fine. He’ll get a 5th.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I still think that, if Gaborik can show some hustle he could be a deadline trade with the Sens retaining some salary. That could explain him being on the firs line.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:It’s hard to believe it but GMs are calling on oduya. Bag of pucks and conditional. Make it happen!
If Boucher would use Oduya as 5-7 he’d have been fine. He’ll get a 5th.

Maybe. But still, I’d rather have any young D playing than him. Especially with where we are in the standings

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Understanding that it was game #1 against Buffalo, Gaborik didn't look too out of place. Definitely helped if the intent is to trade him. But I think he's here to stay. I just don't see Melnyk buying him out nor do I see the Sens being able to flip him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As Duchene gets comfortable we can finally see the player Dorion wanted so badly. Might be our best forward, which says a lot considering we have Mark Stone.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:As Duchene gets comfortable we can finally see the player Dorion wanted so badly.  Might be our best forward, which says a lot considering we have Mark Stone.

I don't think the issue in Ottawa has been the top-six. We've had almost zero production from the bottom six this year. Zack Smith and Pageau have been the biggest disappointments to me this season for sure. At the end of the day if Boucher gets away from playing his vets and gives the young players a shot, Ottawa could make the playoffs again. I'd like to see what Gagne could do in a top-nine capacity. I think Chlapik will be a full timer next season, and think Formenton has an honest shot at making the team, but should develop chemistry with Brown and Batherson in the minors. I expect a lot of changes to the bottom-six going into next season.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

White sent down. Happy from a development standpoint. He'll get more than 8 minutes a night in Belleville and top-six minutes.

As for Dumont, waive him.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:As Duchene gets comfortable we can finally see the player Dorion wanted so badly.  Might be our best forward, which says a lot considering we have Mark Stone.

I don't think the issue in Ottawa has been the top-six. We've had almost zero production from the bottom six this year. Zack Smith and Pageau have been the biggest disappointments to me this season for sure. At the end of the day if Boucher gets away from playing his vets and gives the young players a shot, Ottawa could make the playoffs again. I'd like to see what Gagne could do in a top-nine capacity. I think Chlapik will be a full timer next season, and think Formenton has an honest shot at making the team, but should develop chemistry with Brown and Batherson in the minors. I expect a lot of changes to the bottom-six going into next season.

It's either NHL or OHL for Formenton next season. I am not sure if he will make the jump but he has a decent shot. I think we will be stacked next year with a good mix of young talent and proven scorers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Brassard has done next to nothing, Ryan too and Hoffman until recently has really had a down year. I think you have a point about the bottom six not supporting the top 6, but there are issues with this lineup top to bottom.

That said, I also think you have a point regarding some new blood coming in and replacing guys like thompson, burrows hopefully, smith etc.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Brass has definitely been disappointing as well. And Ryan for sure.
Can't really blame Hoffman. He's been up and down the lineup for no good reason at all.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Brass has definitely been disappointing as well. And Ryan for sure.
Can't really blame Hoffman. He's been up and down the lineup for no good reason at all.

I think you can blame him for his inconsistent play and effort level. That's why he is up and down. He has to be sheltered at times.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Brass has definitely been disappointing as well. And Ryan for sure.

I think you can blame him for his inconsistent play and effort level. That's why he is up and down. He has to be sheltered at times.  

His speed and hands go with Duchene so well. I doubt the Sens even think of moving him anymore.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I didn’t notice but the habs just slipped by us. Figures. We’ll goon our end of season run and finish higher then bottom 5... Facepalm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I didn’t notice but the habs just slipped by us. Figures. We’ll goon our end of season run and finish higher then bottom 5... Facepalm

Good. Anyone cheering for losses is a loser

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good old Nick Kypreos saying last night not to be surprised if Karlsson is traded in the next few days....I think we'd all be surprised.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum