GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who's The First To Go (And Where)

+5
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
wprager
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 10]

61Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:14 pm

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

No Way too much risk with Karlsson to pay that much. Somebody will overpay but it won’t be Tampa, Yzerman is smart and knows he needs those ELCs to manage the next Kucherov contract.

62Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:22 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:No Way too much risk with Karlsson to pay that much. Somebody will overpay but it won’t be Tampa, Yzerman is smart and knows he needs those ELCs to manage the next Kucherov contract.
karlsson still has this and next year at 6.5. If yzerman can win one or two cups with a line-up that includes kalrsson who says he resigns him after that? Gives him plenty of time to figure out what he has. Plus the cap seems to be going up so who knows?

63Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:34 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Even if it's Point, Sergachev, and a 1st from Tampa, I am not happy with that from a Sens perspective. That first rounder is a 27 to 30 overall pick, and Sergachev has a lot left to prove. I really like Point, so yeah, I'd like to see him included.

64Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:34 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Wow you give me Sergechev and Point and I don’t care about a pick.

65Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I definitely want point, sergachev and a first but I’d expect we get another piece. I mean come on. How much did duchene wind up costing in terms of moveable parts? Kalrsson is worth way more than duchene.

66Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:08 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sergachev looks very good and all, but ya always gotta be a little gun shy with rookie d-men.

67Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:47 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:I definitely want point, sergachev and a first but I’d expect we get another piece. I mean come on. How much did duchene wind up costing in terms of moveable parts? Kalrsson is worth way more than duchene.
We paid a pending UFA who wasn’t going to re-sign here, Top 10 protected 1st, late 1st in Bowers.  We sent a 3rd to dump Hammond. 

So really not much of consequence. Bowers is meh, we needed to unload Turris as a rental and a protected 1st round pick.

68Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:48 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Point and Sergechev come with 6 years of team control.

69Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:34 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think point is being overrated for sure. Easy to play well on a great team behind Stamkos.

70Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:17 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I thought the Islanders would be a good fit as well. They need to keep Tavares. It sounds like Eberle is helping the case but if they were to add Karlsson, I think Tavares would be stupid to leave. They have the cap space to fit them both long-term but imagine they would need to move some salary. They also need a goalie for next year. They have two first rd and 2nd rd picks this year too.

71Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:36 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I honestly don't know what they would give up for Karlsson but would imagine Barzal would be off limits.

Pulock, Aho and Toews would be interesting D prospects
Bellows, Dal Colle, interesting F prospects
Plus picks
Josh Bailey if he's extended at a decent cost pre-trade

72Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:39 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:I think point is being overrated for sure. Easy to play well on a great team behind Stamkos.

He played very well while Stamkos was injured last season, but agree he is overrated. I see him as someone similar to Fisher. Fringe top-six forward but better than a 3rd liner. Somewhere in between.

73Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:37 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I honestly don't know what they would give up for Karlsson but would imagine Barzal would be off limits.

Plus picks

I don't think there's anything good from NYI for a Karlsson trade aside from Barzal.

74Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I honestly don't know what they would give up for Karlsson but would imagine Barzal would be off limits.

Plus picks

I don't think there's anything good from NYI for a Karlsson trade aside from Barzal.

I think Barzal has to be included in the conversation. There isn’t going to be a deal for kalrsson that doesn’t involve another great prospect/player coming the other way.

75Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:38 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

They would definitely need a commitment from Karlsson that he's going to re-sign. They're not going to trade Barzal for 1.5 years of a rental. If I'm going after Karlsson I want him now vs in the summer so I get at least two playoff runs with him. Barzal is too imperative to the Islanders right now.

76Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:12 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There Islanders are not trading Barzal.

77Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:05 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:There Islanders are not trading Barzal.

You don’t know this.

78Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 5 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:36 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:There Islanders are not trading Barzal.

You don’t know this.

Short of a one for one with Karlsson they’d get crucified from their fan base. And we can all agree we won’t take a one for one with Kalrsson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum