GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who's The First To Go (And Where)

+5
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
wprager
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 10]

121Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Smith is worth a conditional 1st in my opinion.

122Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Smith is worth a conditional 1st in my opinion.
Yeah maybe. Depending on the conditions .
They make it to the conference finals and he has a certain points number attached to it.

It’s up to GM’s to get creative about those conditional picks.

123Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:22 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Smith *was* worth a conditional 1st a couple/three seasons ago. If any GMs from that time are still around and in a position to need some grit, then, perhaps, but I really doubt it.

124Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:02 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

At this point in time, I'd be happy with a 3rd for Smith. He's got $3.25M per year left until 2021. He can still put up 30 points, but seems to have lost the physical edge to his game. Maybe an example of a guy that got paid and took his foot off the pedal?

125Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:47 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Smith *was* worth a conditional 1st a couple/three seasons ago.  If any GMs from that time are still around and in a position to need some grit, then, perhaps, but I really doubt it.

My guess is he's traded for someone signed with similar term. He's not a rental and right now he's not worth what he is making.

Connor Murphy in Chicago comes to mind. Overpaid, underperforming RHD. That's more or less what I can see them getting for him. A trade like this could also be a pre-cursor for a Ceci trade. If Chicago is intent on dumping salary (which I believe they are) Ryan Hartman is going to get a pretty heft raise. Smith, prospect(s) for Hartman and Murphy could address some areas for both teams.

126Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:08 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yikes. I don't agree on this one. If they get a conditional 1st for him then amazing!! But if we're talking picks he's worth a 2nd at most, likely a 3rd though.

127Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Yikes. I don't agree on this one. If they get a conditional 1st for him then amazing!! But if we're talking picks he's worth a 2nd at most, likely a 3rd though.

Ryan Reaves was traded for a 1st

128Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:33 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

What does Wideman get by next Monday? Brilliant PR move by him (or his agent) to have a public skate.

129Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:44 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

dennycrane wrote:What does Wideman get by next Monday? Brilliant PR move by him (or his agent) to have a public skate.

I doubt he gets traded. The injury being one factor, and then our uncertain future with a couple other d-men (Oduya and Karlsson for starters) being the other factor.

130Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
dennycrane wrote:What does Wideman get by next Monday? Brilliant PR move by him (or his agent) to have a public skate.

I doubt he gets traded.  The injury being one factor, and then our uncertain future with a couple other d-men (Oduya and Karlsson for starters) being the other factor.

They’d probably do well to resign him honestly. Worse comes to worse, you trade him.

131Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:43 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

I doubt he gets traded.  The injury being one factor, and then our uncertain future with a couple other d-men (Oduya and Karlsson for starters) being the other factor.

They’d probably do well to resign him honestly. Worse comes to worse, you trade him.

Agreed. Always good to have assets but it depends on whether or not the Sens can bring someone in and how much of a rebuild the Sens are willing to do. I can see a deal occurring between Chicago and Ottawa centered around Ryan/Seabrook. Chicago has coveted Smith for some time, Anderson is from Chicago, and Crawford may be injured for some time.

I wonder if they'd consider a blockbuster with Seabrook, Murphy, Hartman (RFA), Crawford (IR) for Ryan, Smith, Ceci (RFA), Anderson with some picks/prospects splashed in.

A very unlikely scenario I know but Ottawa has to be open to trades like this if they want to move Ryan.

132Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:50 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Agreed. Always good to have assets but it depends on whether or not the Sens can bring someone in and how much of a rebuild the Sens are willing to do. I can see a deal occurring between Chicago and Ottawa centered around Ryan/Seabrook. Chicago has coveted Smith for some time, Anderson is from Chicago, and Crawford may be injured for some time.

I wonder if they'd consider a blockbuster with Seabrook, Murphy, Hartman (RFA), Crawford (IR) for Ryan, Smith, Ceci (RFA), Anderson with some picks/prospects splashed in.

A very unlikely scenario I know but Ottawa has to be open to trades like this if they want to move Ryan.

There's a lot to consider with that trade proposal. I think Seabrook has two more years on his deal than Ryan, and so does Murphy over Smith. Hartman and Ceci are both RFA's, and I am not sure if Crawford is coming back to the NHL due to injury. So the money makes sense for Chicago, as does finding a goalie. Ottawa at least has Condon. Chicago has nothing.

133Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:51 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I've also heard that Vegas has interest in Smith. Dansk could be an intriguing goalie prospect if Ottawa can move one of Anderson or Condon. Dansk at least solidifies things in Belleville.

134Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:17 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

There's a lot to consider with that trade proposal. I think Seabrook has two more years on his deal than Ryan, and so does Murphy over Smith. Hartman and Ceci are both RFA's, and I am not sure if Crawford is coming back to the NHL due to injury. So the money makes sense for Chicago, as does finding a goalie. Ottawa at least has Condon. Chicago has nothing.

Seabrook's contract goes until 23-24. It also sounds like Seabrook is declining, so I'm not sure if we want to exchange one problem for another. Seabrook's contract also comes with a massive signing bonus due each July and we know The Euge doesn't like those. His total salary the next couple of years is also extremely high ($9M then $7.5M). He also has a full NMC. He ain't coming here, although I like the thinking of your scenario. I also really don't see them trading Crawford for a seemingly diminishing Anderson.

135Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:07 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agree totally with your statement. It's the type of thinking that Dorion needs to do. Buffalo has some interesting pieces. I've always been an O'Reilley fan, and think Scandella would be a good fit with Karlsson. But again, it comes back to moving dead weight for dead weight.

136Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:21 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who’s a sens by Tuesday is also an interesting question.

Three teams and names I think i could see
I think Sam Bennett and or/ Gillies are a very good possibility from Calgary.
Fabbri out of St. Louis.
And Daniel Sprong out of pittsburg.

Im not saying all those guys but possibly two deals out of those three. And that’s besides if Erik Kalrssongets traded.

137Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:24 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:Pittsburgh has tendency to make what turn out to be their best moves prior to the actual deadline, so we will see if Brassard is that. He fits the bill in my opinion.

Well played sir.

138Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 9 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:46 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Pittsburgh has tendency to make what turn out to be their best moves prior to the actual deadline, so we will see if Brassard is that. He fits the bill in my opinion.

Well played sir.

Ok Neely

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum