GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who's The First To Go (And Where)

+5
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
wprager
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

106Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:39 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

There are certainly some drunk GM's out there. I wouldn't be surprised to see Garth Snow do something stupid at the deadline.

107Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:43 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I don't know much about him, but I'd be interested in trading for Klefbom if Ottawa is using this deadline to 're-tool'. Could be a decent partner for Karlsson.

108Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:36 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Phaneuf's salary minus 25% it's still $3.175M less than what Gaborik is owed. And Shore is an expiring contract. We've got White and McCormick and Chlapik and maybe even Brown next season. And even if he's still around, he makes less than Thompson.

It's possible we could move Gaborik by retaining dinner of *his* salary. Guess they'll give him every chance in the next couple weeks to show off. And they could still buy him out, adding on to the savings.

109Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:12 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Phaneuf's salary minus 25% it's still $3.175M less than what Gaborik is owed.  And Shore is an expiring contract. We've got White and McCormick and Chlapik and maybe even Brown next season. And even if he's still around, he makes less than Thompson.

It's possible we could move Gaborik by retaining dinner of *his* salary. Guess they'll give him every chance in the next couple weeks to show off.  And they could still buy him out, adding on to the savings.

Anything is possible but it would take a special kind of desperate to want to trade for Gaborik.

110Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If they retain 25% then he averages $2.706M for the next three years.

A buy out saves you 1/3 of the total, spreading it over twice the term -- he'd still a $1M cap hit 6 years from now. If they retain 66.7% of his salary its the same as a buy out but it's over quicker. If we retained 50% of his salary, the receiving team would be paying $1.804M per year for 3 years (and they could also reduce that by buying him out or trading and retaining some salary).

7 goals 14 points in 30 games is better than Thompson, Smith, Pageau, close to Ryan. Would you take Smith at $1.8M?

111Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:11 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Sens trade for defenceman Ville Pokka from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Chris DiDomenico.

Right handed blue liner that has been a career AHL player to date. More offense than defence to his game.

112Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:18 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Sens trade for defenceman Ville Pokka from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Chris DiDomenico.

Right handed blue liner that has been a career AHL player to date. More offense than defence to his game.
Likely some depth for Belleville as they will likely lose Jaros soon

113Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And by "lose" you mean he will be called up?

114Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:06 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:And by "lose" you mean he will be called up?
Lose toe big club

115Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:39 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So are the players trying to showcase themselves out of Ottawa? jeez. Where were those wins in December...

116Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pretty much.

Still fun to watch them win. But they beat a Rangers team that's come out and said they are done this year, and a Sabres team without their franchise player I have full confidence they will lose a few, now.

117Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:02 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:So are the players trying to showcase themselves out of Ottawa? jeez. Where were those wins in December...

Imo it’s the opposite. Brassard for example is showing he wants to be kept here

118Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:26 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So are the players trying to showcase themselves out of Ottawa? jeez. Where were those wins in December...

Imo it’s the opposite. Brassard for example is showing he wants to be kept here

Personally I’d rather keep Brassard if we’re to be good next year. I know he’s one of our best chance at getting another 1st round pick but there isn’t anyone ready to take his spot in the line-up next year.

We should shear the dead weight and a guy like smith.

119Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:16 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, if we can find a taker for Smith, that'd be great.

120Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, if we can find a taker for Smith, that'd be great.
It may just be my opinion but I think there should be plenty of interest in a guy like smith. Especially from teams looking for secondary scoring that can move up if injuries occur. The price tag won’t be too high I imagine. When all is said and done I wouldn’t be surprised if he nets us the equivalent of a second rounder.

121Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Smith is worth a conditional 1st in my opinion.

122Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Smith is worth a conditional 1st in my opinion.
Yeah maybe. Depending on the conditions .
They make it to the conference finals and he has a certain points number attached to it.

It’s up to GM’s to get creative about those conditional picks.

123Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 8 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Smith *was* worth a conditional 1st a couple/three seasons ago. If any GMs from that time are still around and in a position to need some grit, then, perhaps, but I really doubt it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum