GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who's The First To Go (And Where)

+5
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
wprager
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

31Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:25 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Katz is almost as crazy as Melnyk.

But not as cheap. He played the crazy card when it came to the arena but they all do.

32Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:12 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Karlsson

33Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:57 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I wonder if the Sens could work something out with Florida for one of Huberdeau or Barkov. Pipe dream I am sure...

34Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:59 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I wonder if the Sens could work something out with Florida for one of Huberdeau or Barkov. Pipe dream I am sure...

No.

35Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:27 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I wonder if the Sens could work something out with Florida for one of Huberdeau or Barkov. Pipe dream I am sure...

No.

No? You wouldn't take Huberdeau or Barkov on your team?

36Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:32 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

No.

No, Florida won't be trading those guys, especially not at a price that would be reasonable to Ottawa.

37Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:39 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

No.

No, Florida won't be trading those guys, especially not at a price that would be reasonable to Ottawa.  

I would be all over Barkov but no chance they move him.

38Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:14 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So far no one has moved. Sens have lost 6 straight games for the first time since their inaugural season. When does Dorion pull the trigger and who's the first to move?

39Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:06 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So far no one has moved. Sens have lost 6 straight games for the first time since their inaugural season. When does Dorion pull the trigger and who's the first to move?

Give it time...the deadline is still a month away.

40Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:00 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Igor one don’t mind waiting. I think teams will get desperate as they get to the deadline. Plus most of the guys being talked about have years on their contracts and could be dealt in the summer. For once, we’re holding the big end of the stick.

41Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:00 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Perhaps this year was an anomaly and retaining players is the more logical move. I don't think this year's play falls on a specific player but rather the team underachieving as a whole. I can't speak to whether or not the players quit on the coach or on management, and I won't begin to speculate.

I do question Dorion and his ability to assess his players, which scares me immensely. Extending a 37 year old goalie at the start of the year for 2 more years - I don't quite understand the rush. And I will never get over the Burrows trade (and extension).

I think if the organization wants to start winning games and getting fans in the seats, Melnyk is going to have stop talking and pony up some money. If the plan is to shed some salary, do whatever it takes to move Phaneuf, Oduya, and Burrows and look at moving players who can be replaced internally like Brassard and Smith. I know it's a stretch but I would throw everything I had at Tavares in the off-season. It would give fans hope, put bums in seats, and would give Karlsson a reason to stay. If Karlsson doesn't want to stay then you build your team around Tavares, Stone, and Duchene. I don't know how else to right this ship at this point. The players have quit, the fans have quit. It truly is a mess in Ottawa right now from top-down and I don't see an end to this spiral any time soon.

42Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:34 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Perhaps this year was an anomaly and retaining players is the more logical move. I don't think this year's play falls on a specific player but rather the team underachieving as a whole. I can't speak to whether or not the players quit on the coach or on management, and I won't begin to speculate.

I do question Dorion and his ability to assess his players, which scares me immensely. Extending a 37 year old goalie at the start of the year for 2 more years - I don't quite understand the rush. And I will never get over the Burrows trade (and extension).

I think if the organization wants to start winning games and getting fans in the seats, Melnyk is going to have stop talking and pony up some money. If the plan is to shed some salary, do whatever it takes to move Phaneuf, Oduya, and Burrows and look at moving players who can be replaced internally like Brassard and Smith. I know it's a stretch but I would throw everything I had at Tavares in the off-season. It would give fans hope, put bums in seats, and would give Karlsson a reason to stay.  If Karlsson doesn't want to stay then you build your team around Tavares, Stone, and Duchene. I don't know how else to right this ship at this point. The players have quit, the fans have quit. It truly is a mess in Ottawa right now from top-down and I don't see an end to this spiral any time soon.

Either Tavares or go all-in on OEL. May be able to get him for Ceci, Smith and a prospect.

43Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:41 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Perhaps this year was an anomaly and retaining players is the more logical move. I don't think this year's play falls on a specific player but rather the team underachieving as a whole. I can't speak to whether or not the players quit on the coach or on management, and I won't begin to speculate.

I think if the organization wants to start winning games and getting fans in the seats, Melnyk is going to have stop talking and pony up some money. If the plan is to shed some salary, do whatever it takes to move Phaneuf, Oduya, and Burrows and look at moving players who can be replaced internally like Brassard and Smith. I know it's a stretch but I would throw everything I had at Tavares in the off-season. It would give fans hope, put bums in seats, and would give Karlsson a reason to stay.  If Karlsson doesn't want to stay then you build your team around Tavares, Stone, and Duchene. I don't know how else to right this ship at this point. The players have quit, the fans have quit. It truly is a mess in Ottawa right now from top-down and I don't see an end to this spiral any time soon.

Either Tavares or go all-in on OEL. May be able to get him for Ceci, Smith and a prospect.

There's no way we're getting Tavares or OEL unless Karlsson is out the door. Let's try and keep things realistic. There's also no way Arizona would take Ceci, Smith, and "a prospect" for OEL, unless that prospect is Tommy C.

44Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:35 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

There's no way we're getting Tavares or OEL unless Karlsson is out the door.  Let's try and keep things realistic.  There's also no way Arizona would take Ceci, Smith, and "a prospect" for OEL, unless that prospect is Tommy C.

how many teams in the NHL have the cap space to add Tavares? look around the league. Not a lot of teams can fit $10-12M under their current cap structures. This is unless someone trades for him at the deadline and moves a bunch of salary back the other way. Even then I am not sure who would be risky enough to do this when there is no guarantee he would re-sign. I agree it would be a pipedream but I don't think it's that unrealistic.

As for OEL what does Phoenix really need at this point. They're ripe with young players, picks, and cap space. They would want a young d-man back, a forward, and a player/pick at minimum. Maybe even a goalie prospect. Again, they're a cap team. Maybe Ceci + Brassard gets it done? I am not sure but they're going to want players under decent contracts coming back. Keeping in mind of course that they will likely have a top 5 pick again this year so the need for a 1st rd pick/stud prospect may not be as pressing.

45Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:12 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Teams that can fit in Tavares next year:

Toronto - Plenty of space even with Matthews coming up after next season.

Montreal - More cap space than brains with Bergevin (and they should put down 14M per as he is what they have been trying to get for years).

Dallas - Not sure if it's a great fit but its a no tax state

Boston - Not really a fit as they have PB and Kreji locked up long term but Kreji has been a bit of a question mark with his health lately.

Vancouver - Good Bye Henrik and Daniel, Hello JT

Rangers - I expect them to be a major player if he doesn't do the expected and re-up with NYI.

Philly - Wouldn't be shocked if they sniff around, even if to hurt both NY clubs

There are others, but I think these would be the main players.

46Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:19 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:Teams that can fit in Tavares next year:

Toronto - Plenty of space even with Matthews coming up after next season.
Comment: Matthews, Marner, Kapanen, Nylander all need raises. Probaly at least $25M right there in re-signs. They're also atrocious of defence. Matthews already stating he wants close to max.

Montreal - More cap space than brains with Bergevin (and they should put down 14M per as he is what they have been trying to get for years).
Comment: Agreed. Good fit and definitely a need. But high taxes and he's a Toronto boy. But he's probably buds with Price. So who knows.

Dallas - Not sure if it's a great fit but its a no tax state
Comment: Yupp. Not sure if it's a great fit but it does have some logic to it.

Boston - Not really a fit as they have PB and Kreji locked up long term but Kreji has been a bit of a question mark with his health lately.
Comment: too many up and coming players that will need to be re-signed in the short term. Plus as you mentioned PB and K are already there.

Vancouver - Good Bye Henrik and Daniel, Hello JT
Comment: I see Van as a logical place for Karlsson to be honest. They need defence in the worst way there.

Rangers - I expect them to be a major player if he doesn't do the expected and re-up with NYI.
Comment: Agreed. Losing Nash opens the door for sure. And hard to say no to that NY lifestyle.

Philly - Wouldn't be shocked if they sniff around, even if to hurt both NY clubs
Comment: They can't sign him, they would need to move salary.

There are others, but I think these would be the main players.
Comment: Agreed

47Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:44 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it makes incredible sense to add Tavares and that’s likely why it won’t happen. This team won’t have two 12 mill players on their roster on top of 4 more in the 7 mill range (phaneuf, Ryan, stone and duchene). You’d have to shed phaneuf contract and boby’s For anything like that to happen. And it won’t .
I’m a little pessimistic also, I don’t believe we’ll retain both kalrsson and duchene. Duchene is the most likely to go. Things haven’t been very fun this season for the Sens. Why would he sign an extention this summer?
If we manage to sign him it will be before the trade deadline next year and that’s only if the team has a fantastic start to the season and we once again look like contenders by then. But that won’t happen unless we do a serious retool.

48Who's The First To Go (And Where) - Page 3 Empty Re: Who's The First To Go (And Where) Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:13 pm

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:I think it makes incredible sense to add Tavares and that’s likely why it won’t happen. This team won’t have two 12 mill players on their roster on top of 4 more in the 7 mill range (phaneuf, Ryan, stone and duchene). You’d have to shed phaneuf contract and boby’s For anything like that to happen. And it won’t .
I’m a little pessimistic also, I don’t believe we’ll retain both kalrsson and duchene. Duchene is the most likely to go. Things haven’t been very fun this season for the Sens. Why would he sign an extention this summer?
If we manage to sign him it will be before the trade deadline next year and that’s only if the team has a fantastic start to the season and we once again look like contenders by then. But that won’t happen unless we do a serious retool.
Fans have to wrap their heads around the fact Ottawa will never be getting the Top FAs unless there is a family/home sickness reason. With the taxes in Ontario, combined with a small market and the winters here it just isn't a destination even if we overpay a little. This doesn't bother me because its true for 2/3rds of the teams in the league for one reason or another.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum