GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Flyers @ Senators - Oct 26 2017, 7:30PM

+3
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Oduya ices the puck when he should have used a hard bank shot to get it just past their blue line. We lose the face off an a puck bounces in. That kind of started it all.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hey, it's a W - an ROW in fact - against a good team while we were shorthanded.

Turris and Smith should be back soon, White as well.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Sens certainly tend to try to play a bit too much defence when they have a lead. Boucher the other day even made reference to a player "trying to score" at a time during a game when they "didn't need a goal". We saw this last year too. That said, great to get the two points with that lineup. Also, Matrix made some pretty key saves at important times, and the two questionably disallowed goals were nice.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:The Sens certainly tend to try to play a bit too much defence when they have a lead. Boucher the other day even made reference to a player "trying to score" at a time during a game when they "didn't need a goal".  We saw this last year too.  That said, great to get the two points with that lineup.  Also, Matrix made some pretty key saves at important times, and the two questionably disallowed goals were nice.

Yeah, they dump the puck when they have the lead and try to defend. Very frustrating. Philly woke up big in the third.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Personally I think people are overstating this "blowing leads" or "sitting back" thing. When the score is 3-0 or 5-2, the other team is going to be the better team 99% of the time trying to come back. Fact is the Sens don't really blow any games when they are leading after two. They were 32-4-4 last year or something like that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Personally I think people are overstating this "blowing leads" or "sitting back" thing. When the score is 3-0 or 5-2, the other team is going to be the better team 99% of the time trying to come back. Fact is the Sens don't really blow any games when they are leading after two. They were 32-4-4 last year or something like that.

But they are leading the league in blown third period leads this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Actually that "third period blown leads" statistic was thrown around in the pre-game show, I think, but I'm not sure where that's from. The NHL tracks losses and OT losses when leading after 1/2 periods, and the Sens have 2 OT (I assume also includes SO) losses when leading after 2 periods. That is the most in the league (two other teams with the same) but is still too small a sample size. I think what they were talking about on the pre-game show was how many times they had a 3rd period lead and ended up being tied -- which, by the way, did not happen last night. Bu they had a 3-goal lead at three separate times in the game and ended up winning by 1 (with two disputed goals *and* I still can't believe Filppula could not get the second rebound over Andy's pad).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That first goal that was called back -- why were the Flyers so up in arms? The guy clearly bumped into Andy who was in his crease, preventing him from moving over to his left to be square to the shooter.

On the second one, yeah, the puck ended up in the trapper and the trapper was right on the goal line, but two things: 1, this was 2-3 whacks after the whistle had gone, and 2, even if you discount that, it is impossible to tell conclusively if 100% of the puck is over the line.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum