GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Canucks @ Senators - Oct 17, 2017, 7:30PM

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Karlsson. Is. Back.

Boucher is still thinking about going with 7D tonight. Chabot and Jaros were sent to Belleville and Formenton was returned to junior, so the odd guy out right now will be Logan Brown if they go with 7 D.

I would imagine the forward lines will be the same as last game. In practice yesterday, they had Karlsson paired with Phaneuf, Oduya with Ceci, and then the last three guys were Wideman/Boro/Claesson.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tumbleweed

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh, I see.  I was trying to figure out who would sit on D, but if he goes with 7 D, that takes care of that.

And he should - from here on out.  You can't really sit Claesson or Wideman IMO, they've both proven their worth.  You could shoot Oduya to the moon, but clearly they're not gonna do that.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oduya is really good and will fit in well. The guy to sit would be Wideman since Boucher seems to have a bit of trust issues with him.

Regardless, it sounds like Boucher's going with 7D and Brown will sit again.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wideman is tied for the team lead in goals and is 4th in points. He is also the third and last right-handed D-man we have on the roster. I'd prefer to not have Boro or even Phaneuf on their wrong side. But I'm not the coach, and Boucher definitely has trust issues when it comes to Wideman. He is last in average time on ice (Chabot is lower but he's a rookie, Oduya is lower but has only played a part of one game). So with the lowest ice time of all regular D-men Wideman is leading in goals and points, but he probably sits against a bigger opponent with Boro switching over to the right.

You're killing me, Guy.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Leading in points means nothing, Wideman's points have mostly all been PP, and he is a bad defender in most situations. He's another Wiercioch type but faster.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Leading in points means nothing, Wideman's points have mostly all been PP, and he is a bad defender in most situations. He's another Wiercioch type but faster.

I’d say he’s a little less prone to mistakes than wiercioch, again wier played with Ceci and that was a mighty green pairing.
But again, you can ask the question «where is patty now? »
(And there is silence in the analytics community)

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

You're killing me, Guy.

I think Guy has proven to be a pretty great coach.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You realize I'm being facetious.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well that was disappointing. We did not deserve this result. But oh well plenty of times in the past year that we stole wins.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Game was over in the first. 17 shots and nothing to show for it, then the trap game crept in. First game back home, Karlsson will win it for us, we deserve a break after getting 8 of 10 without him.

PP was back to its usual "keep passing it to Erik". I knew it. 17K fans knew it. Canucks knew it. This ISS why it worked so well with Chabot. He helped set it up but once they were in the zone they looked to take a shot instead of passing it back all the time until the planets aligned and a perfect shot presented itself.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Deserved better.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was amazed with how tenacious Ottawa was on the puck, especially in the first period. They gave Vancouver zero time and space. It was great.

The problem, as Guy stated afterwards, was that they just didn't jam the net enough and create a dirty goal.

Also, Karlsson had that rocket off the post in the 3rd...then Vanek skates it down the other way and goes post and in on Anderson. Just one of those nights. We've outshot every opponent so far. Good times.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Second period was one to forget.

Also the second goal was killer, especially since they scored it twice. I think the first one was very possibly not a high stick but instead of thanking their luck stars and buckling down they frittered away the opportunity. What was Karlsson thinking skating all the way out past the top of the circle and leaving the guy in front to tip it home?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If you have to lose, that's probably the way. Utter domination in the first

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum