GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Senators @ Canucks - Oct 10, 2017, 10:00pm

+2
tim1_2
wprager
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

No non-contact jerseys were present at last practice, but that doesn't necessarily mean Karlsson will play. Harpur is week-to-week but with Chabot and Jaros up from the minors Boucher has choices - wouldn't be surprised if he played 7D.

Vancouver is 1-0 after beating the Oilers. They weren't expected to win a lot of games but the west is weird (2-0 Knights, 3-0 Blues with all their injuries, Dallas/Nashville/San Jose all at 0-2).

It's early.

Go Sens!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anderson will start. Chabot will play.

I think this will be Burrows' first game back in Vancouver.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Anderson will start.  Chabot will play.  

It is indeed Burrows' first game back. Where'd you hear Chabot will play? If only I could stay up and watch. I didn't see the Detroit game, but we looked pretty good against the Caps.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hate having a serious life. My new schedule means I'll miss anything after the 1st

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:

It is indeed Burrows' first game back.  Where'd you hear Chabot will play?  If only I could stay up and watch.  I didn't see the Detroit game, but we looked pretty good against the Caps.

Guys on TGOR were saying it like it was a done deal. Apparently he was taking regular line rushes with Boro, playing on the right side. Not a fan. Trying that at home is one thing, but without the last change he's going to be stuck there playing his wrong side against the Sedins.

Guy, you're killing me.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And Jaros is a rightie but his playing style is what Boucher's system does on the left side. Hey, Guy, maybe just play Chabot/Jaros as a third pairing, each on his wrong side.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

It is indeed Burrows' first game back.  Where'd you hear Chabot will play?  If only I could stay up and watch.  I didn't see the Detroit game, but we looked pretty good against the Caps.

Guys on TGOR were saying it like it was a done deal.  Apparently he was taking regular line rushes with Boro, playing on the right side.  Not a fan.  Trying that at home is one thing, but without the last change he's going to be stuck there playing his wrong side against the Sedins.

Guy, you're killing me.

Chabot will NEVER play the left side in a Boucher system. So get used to it.

Left side is for the thumpers. Phaneuf, Boro, Harpur, Claesson (not a thumper, but big enough). Chabot will always play the right side - for the rest of Boucher's time here.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Guys on TGOR were saying it like it was a done deal.  Apparently he was taking regular line rushes with Boro, playing on the right side.  Not a fan.  Trying that at home is one thing, but without the last change he's going to be stuck there playing his wrong side against the Sedins.

Guy, you're killing me.

Chabot will NEVER play the left side in a Boucher system.  So get used to it.

Left side is for the thumpers.  Phaneuf, Boro, Harpur, Claesson (not a thumper, but big enough).  Chabot will always play the right side - for the rest of Boucher's time here.

I disagree with that. The left side doesn't need to be a hitter. I think they'll start him on the right but I wouldn't say he will always play that side. Coaches also love to have their D on their natural side.

Claesson and Harpur are not thumpers.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Harpur was asked last year to be more robust in his style of play and, based on all accounts, he did what was asked. He is 6'5" and once he fills out a little more he can definitely be a thumper.

Claesson, yeah, big hits aren't his first priority.

All that said, I don't see any reason why a particular pairing couldn't be swapped (leftie retrieves pucks, rightie thumps), but the forwards will need to adjust their game as well (expecting right-side D to step up). Maybe while he was implementing the system, he wanted to simplify it, but there is no reason to believe that the system it self requires the thumper to be on the left side.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently Karlsson and Oduya are still in Ottawa.

I have a bad feeling about this. And not just because of the Start Wars marathon on the weekend.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Guy, you're killing me.

Chabot will NEVER play the left side in a Boucher system.  So get used to it.

Left side is for the thumpers.  Phaneuf, Boro, Harpur, Claesson (not a thumper, but big enough).  Chabot will always play the right side - for the rest of Boucher's time here.

I disagree with that. The left side doesn't need to be a hitter. I think they'll start him on the right but I wouldn't say he will always play that side. Coaches also love to have their D on their natural side.

Claesson and Harpur are not thumpers.

They're part of the left side lock, so by that definition, they'll be hitting way more than they are perhaps used to.

I hope Boucher plays Chabot wherever Chabot can excel, but I doubt it's on the left side. At least not right now. We'll see...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

claesson looks horrible this year

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The entire defense looks off, maybe with the exception of Phaneuf.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is what bugs me. Jaros has been effective every time he's been on the ice, yet he's seen far and away less ice than most.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:This is what bugs me.  Jaros has been effective every time he's been on the ice,  yet he's seen far and away less ice than most.

of course he would, he's a rookie getting sheltered minutes. This isn't something new, most teams would only give small ice time to somebody on their first game

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum