GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 54 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:I wonder if Pageau and Oduya would get Matta from Pittsburgh. They could dump Oduya to the minors with almost no cap implications since he wouldn't hit his bonuses.  Matta is 3rd in TOI among Pitt D.

I really don't see us trading for a defenceman, unfortunately.  Don't forget we have Boro and Wideman on the shelf with Chabot and Harpur seemingly NHL ready.
Yeah but Matta has top 4 wrtten all over him and if we manage to move Phaneuf or ceci we are gonna need guys who can step in big time. 

I wonder if someone else than Pageau could make that deal happen.

Hoffman for Klefbom or Nurse?

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:I wonder if Pageau and Oduya would get Matta from Pittsburgh. They could dump Oduya to the minors with almost no cap implications since he wouldn't hit his bonuses.  Matta is 3rd in TOI among Pitt D.

I really don't see us trading for a defenceman, unfortunately.  Don't forget we have Boro and Wideman on the shelf with Chabot and Harpur seemingly NHL ready.
Yeah but Matta has top 4 wrtten all over him and if we manage to move Phaneuf or ceci we are gonna need guys who can step in big time. 

Hoffman for Klefbom or Nurse?
I don't see Edmonton moving either of those guys.

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

I Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

The reality is that Ceci will almost certainly be moved before next season due to money and either Pageau or Smith will need to go as well for the same reason. White replaces Pageau/Smith Matta is 4M for 4 more years.   

Matta - EK
Chabot - Phaneuf
Boro - Jaros
Harpur 

Claesson moved for a pick unless he resigns for peanuts (unlikely)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oglethorpe wrote:
I Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

The reality is that Ceci will almost certainly be moved before next season due to money and either Pageau or Smith will need to go as well for the same reason. White replaces Pageau/Smith Matta is 4M for 4 more years.   

Matta - EK
Chabot - Phaneuf
Boro - Jaros
Harpur 

Claesson moved for a pick unless he resigns for peanuts (unlikely)

I'd target Scandella in Buffalo to pair with Karlsson

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Pittsburgh is looking hard for a 3rd line centre while Buffalo wants prospects and ELC players.  I don't see a match with Buffalo.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Pittsburgh is looking hard for a 3rd line centre while Buffalo wants prospects and ELC players.  I don't see a match with Buffalo.

I wonder if we could peddle Smith as a third line center to Pittsburg. The history is there play9ng the position. Probably not is likely the answer.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Pittsburgh is looking hard for a 3rd line centre while Buffalo wants prospects and ELC players.  I don't see a match with Buffalo.

I wonder if we could peddle Smith as a third line center to Pittsburg. The history is there play9ng the position. Probably not is likely the answer.

Pageau is a 3C...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Hey, they read my text/question to Pierre this morning on TGOR.  If you listened to the segment (podcast is up), can you guess which question was mine?

I'm 2 for 2. Mendes read my text on The Drive just before his Leftover Five.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Pageau is a 3C...
Yes but I don’t want to trade him. You win playoff rounds and cup with a guy like Pageau.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I’m calling it. Being 13 points back from Boston and 12 back from the last wildcard spot. Season. Over.

Trade the dead weight and call up the kids

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boucher is really beginning to tick me off. You can be stubborn and pig headed if you are winning. If you are losing you have to change what you are doing.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have zero issue with anything Boucher is doing. He has a mandate to follow. It’s not like he’s making decisions that are causing losses . This season is all on the players

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

His mandate is to win games. The team is losing consistently, yet he refuses to make any changes to his approach. While it's true he cannot control what the players do on the ice, he can certainly control which players are out there, for how long, and with which partners.

Ceci should not be leading the team in TOI in any game, let alone a game in which they only had 1 penalty to kill. Before Wideman got injured he consistently got the second lowest TOI, while being *second* league-wide in points per 60. Oduya should have been used *sparingly* as a 3rd pairing guy if not a 7D. He's there to impart his knowledge to the young guys, not to take their ice time away. Hoffman is a top-six player; what other team do you know will put a player who has come close to 30 in his first two season out there with *DUMONT*!!!!? A number of players are on the Sens' roster because of nothing more than the fact that they played fro Boucher at some time; if not for this, they would *NOT BE IN THE NHL*. That is a fact! And I wouldn't mind that at all if (one) the team was winning and (two) we didn't have high-end prospects chomping at the bit in the minors. Chabot and White led the world juniors. Perron won league and playoff MVP. Chlapik led his team in goals, points and PIMs. Are you telling me that Christopher Effin' DiDomenico has higher upside than Chlapik or Perron?

This has been going on the whole season and he has done nothing to change things up.

It's not his fault Methot was not replaced or that Turris got traded or that the goalies have not been playing well or that Karlsson was injured and came back too soon. It may not be his fault that those things happened, but it *is* his job to make adjustments in light of those changes he could not control.

Why is the powerplay near the bottom of the league? Why do they have *8* Too Many Men penalties (Hoffman lollywagging on the way to the bench instead of busting his Donkey to get off quickly -- I didn't see him being lectured or benched).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:His mandate is to win games.  The team is losing consistently, yet he refuses to make any changes to his approach.  While it's true he cannot control what the players do on the ice, he can certainly control which players are out there, for how long, and with which partners.

Ceci should not be leading the team in TOI in any game, let alone a game in which they only had 1 penalty to kill.  Before Wideman got injured he consistently got  the second lowest TOI, while being *second* league-wide in points per 60.  Oduya should have been used *sparingly* as a 3rd pairing guy if not a 7D.  He's there to impart his knowledge to the young guys, not to take their ice time away.  Hoffman is a top-six player; what other team do you know will put a player who has come close to 30 in his first two season out there with *DUMONT*!!!!?  A number of players are on the Sens' roster because of nothing more than the fact that they played fro Boucher at some time; if not for this, they would *NOT BE IN THE NHL*.  That is a fact!  And I wouldn't mind that at all if (one) the team was winning and (two) we didn't have high-end prospects chomping at the bit in the minors.  Chabot and White led the world juniors.  Perron won league and playoff MVP.  Chlapik led his team in goals, points and PIMs.  Are you telling me that Christopher Effin' DiDomenico has higher upside than Chlapik or Perron?  

This has been going on the whole season and he has done nothing to change things up.  

It's not his fault Methot was not replaced or that Turris got traded or that the goalies have not been playing well or that Karlsson was injured and came back too soon.  It may not be his fault that those things happened, but it *is* his job to make adjustments in light of those changes he could not control.

Why is the powerplay near the bottom of the league?  Why do they have *8* Too Many Men penalties (Hoffman lollywagging  on the way to the bench instead of busting his Donkey to get off quickly -- I didn't see him being lectured or benched).

Two things: one, it’s all about player development. Dido doesn’t not have higher upside than other players in Belleville, but it’s all about role and the time on ice they’d get . It’s dumb to play a guy like white few minutes in the nhl. This is a case of needing to understand player development . Also it’s not Boucher’s choice who gets called up.

Two, your point about Hoffman is exactly what I’m talking about. It’s on the players . This is basic stuff. A guy like Hoffman is a loaf who only cares about when he scores a goal .

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Merry xmas everyone! May Santa bring us a winning team!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

According to Melnyk Sens fans are on the naughty list. So, accordingly, we will get *naught*.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Maybe Santa can bring us a new owner. I’m sure Melnyk tops many sens fans naughty list

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Euge tweeted out Merry Christmas and promptly got an avalanche of #MelnykOut replies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 54 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 60 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum