GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+9
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
spader
tim1_2
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:That's not  Sens tidbit it or quick hit. But this is: Thompson is making $1.65M so he could make more than Jagr.

All I've seen this off-season from Thompson is that he knows how to lift a puck with his backhand with very little control (I am speaking to his 2 on 1 flub early in the pre-season). Otherwise he's our new Legwand.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:We're talking about Thompson, not Brown.  Actually it's Thompson (a center) who will get ice time that could otherwise go to Brown.

Both are playing on Thursday.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:That's not  Sens tidbit it or quick hit. But this is: Thompson is making $1.65M so he could make more than Jagr.

All I've seen this off-season from Thompson is that he knows how to lift a puck with his backhand with very little control (I am speaking to his 2 on 1 flub early in the pre-season). Otherwise he's our new Legwand.

Much better than Legwand. He'll be one of the best 4th line Cs in the league.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:

Not something I'd be bragging about

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not sure why you think you can't brag about that. We need a great 4th line to be able to win.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah the fourth line C role isn't a training wheel for young C's. Earn and learn the ropes in the AHL first. The only down side is brown will have to be sent back to juniors. I'm still more comfortable with that than pushing him to be a full time NHLer.

Maybe dorion will try to include him as a center piece of a Duchene trade

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:We're talking about Thompson, not Brown.  Actually it's Thompson (a center) who will get ice time that could otherwise go to Brown.

So what. When Brassard is back, Pageau will be 3LC leaving one center spot.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yeah what's your point? Thompson played wing at practice today

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

Not something I'd be bragging about

I'm very pleased to have him as a 4c. You need those guys to win rounds in playoffs.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So dorion said there's 49% chance we add a forward today. Either a depth guy or a high end forward Ahhhhh!
The guy has a flair for the dramatic.

My guess is he made a pitch for duchene and Sakic has an internal deadline to trade him and he told dorion hell let him know by today.
Maybe Sakic realized he wasn't going to get his top D man and is now eying brown?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:So dorion said there's 49% chance we add a forward today. Either a depth guy or a high end forward Ahhhhh!

My guess is he made a pitch for duchene and Sakic has an internal deadline to trade him and he told dorion hell let him know by today.
Maybe Sakic realized he wasn't going to get his top D man and is now eying brown?

He's not getting Brown. I imagine this will be a waiver pick-up or will trade someone on waivers for one of their d-men. I see something like a Wideman for Matt Read type of deal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:So dorion said there's 49% chance we add a forward today. Either a depth guy or a high end forward Ahhhhh!

He's not getting Brown. I imagine this will be a waiver pick-up or will trade someone on waivers for one of their d-men. I see something like a Wideman for Matt Read type of deal.

http://www.tsn.ca/dorion-49-per-cent-chance-sens-add-f-today-1.873986

My guess is they are trying to get an impact player but worse comes to worse will settle on a depth player.
I mean, it's straight from the horse's mouth.
I know it's exciting to see a guy like brown but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a piece to a big trade.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I bet that's exactly what happened. Sakic priced himself out of the market, so now he's back for lesser offers. Brown has shown a lot this pre-season and I would imagine Dorion is discussing this with him as we speak.

Hate to lose Brown, but I'd do it for the Douche.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:

I bet that's exactly what happened.  Sakic priced himself out of the market, so now he's back for lesser offers.  Brown has shown a lot this pre-season and I would imagine Dorion is discussing this with him as we speak.

A 6'6" 220 lb playmaker is pretty rare in the NHL. I'd be more willing to give up White to be honest. I look at it and ask myself whether I would prefer Thornton or Bergeron on my team. I also think Ottawa has depth at D and can afford to lose someone in a deal. Colorado only has 4 d-men on one-way contracts: https://capfriendly.com/teams/avalanche

But both are 'cap teams' so I'd expect Ottawa to throw in a future and Hammond in order to shed some salary.

To Ottawa: Duchene, 3rd rd pick
To Colorado: White, Ceci, Harpur, Hammond

I still feel like that's an overpayment to be honest but Ceci and Harpur could play in the NHL this year and it really doesn't kill Ottawa in terms of prospect depth.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:

I bet that's exactly what happened.  Sakic priced himself out of the market, so now he's back for lesser offers.  Brown has shown a lot this pre-season and I would imagine Dorion is discussing this with him as we speak.

A 6'6" 220 lb playmaker is pretty rare in the NHL. I'd be more willing to give up White to be honest. I look at it and ask myself whether I would prefer Thornton or Bergeron on my team. I also think Ottawa has depth at D and can afford to lose someone in a deal. Colorado only has 4 d-men on one-way contracts: https://capfriendly.com/teams/avalanche

But both are 'cap teams' so I'd expect Ottawa to throw in a future and Hammond in order to shed some salary.

To Ottawa: Duchene, 3rd rd  pick

I still feel like that's an overpayment to be honest but Ceci and Harpur could play in the NHL this year and it really doesn't kill Ottawa in terms of prospect depth.

Interesting, maybe. Colorado's right side is set on D though, so Ceci would be a third pairing. They need a lefty.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yeah what's your point? Thompson played wing at practice today

Thompson was brought in as a defensive/depth center who is also good on face offs.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

To Ottawa: Duchene, 3rd rd  pick

Interesting, maybe.  Colorado's right side is set on D though, so Ceci would be a third pairing.  They need a lefty.

Yeah I don’t even think Ceci is part of the conversation at this point. Unless the avs plan on moving one of their right handed Dman somewhere else.

And as much as I can sympathize with the idea that people prefer brown over white, I’m sure that might be exactly what sakic thinks as well.
I felt that the team was showcasing brown a little bit more this preseason. Trying to pump up his vaue.

I think the deal winds up being Brown, ottawa’s First rounder and a Dman. Maybe Englund or unfortunately claesson.

But who knows. Maybe this doesn’t happen at all. 49% chance of happening is still 51% chance it doesn’t. And that percentage also involves adding a depth forward.
Still, I’ve been refreshing Twitter.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens likely to start the season with players they have now. Could be posturing or maybe a deal fell through.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum