GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
SensHulk
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:what a giant FU to Peter Budaj.  Guy comes in and actually holds down the fort enough for the Kings to be competitive and then promptly gets traded....

Totally.  Not to mention he has better numbers than Bishop this year.  This was a trade made by dumb and dumber.  Two GMs slap fighting themselves to be the dumbest.

It was a good move by Stevie Y to get something for a guy they were going to lose anyway.  Questionable move by LA, although they at least didn't give up a ton for Bishop.

Ugh, I dunno.  It's better than nothing, but Yzerman clearly should have traded him at the draft last year.  He got nothing for a Vezina nominated goalie.
I think they tried to trade him to Calgary but that fell through. That would have been best for both teams

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bishop also had a partial NTC where he could list something like 8 or 10 teams he wouldn't go to.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Not a good day for Ottawa's playoff chances. Boston, Montreal, Florida all won. Habs won 1-0 on a PP goal in OT. They went the whole month of February without a regulation win.

Leafs lost, as expected. The cling to the last Wildcard spot with a one point lead over the Islanders and Panthers; Islanders hold a game in hand. Tomorrow the Leafs play LA (who are one of out of a playoff spot) while the Islanders travel to Dallas and the Panthers to Philadelphia. This may not take very long.

Sens are 6 back of Montreal with three games in hand, and 4 up on 9th place Florida, with just one game in hand.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

P.K. Shoots from the lip:

Subban: I had a couple teammates come to the hospital with me, I've never had that happen." Visited with Fisher and Josi yesterday. #TSN690

In other words, when he was with Montreal, none of his team-mates went with him to the sick kids hospital. First trip into Montreal with the Preds, two team-mates accompany him.

Of course it's entirely possible that he never asked any of them to go and he did this time around Smile

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Apparently Jeff O'Neil said that he wouldn't trade Matthews for anyone in the league, including McDavid. What a homer! Ray Ferraro asked him, "What's wrong with you?"

Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Habs win. That's a bummer

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Habs win. That's a bummer

The way they won sucks. Outplayed the entire game, trailing fur most of it, then the winner dribbles through Runner on a partial breakaway by Byron.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But the Leafs blew a 2-0 third period lead to lose in the SO, the Panthers lost a 1-0 lead and suffered the same date, and Boston lost in regulation.

Decent night. Just keep winning.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Toronto right back at it tonight against the Ducks. I predict another L. That would make it five in a row.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Toronto right back at it tonight against the Ducks. I predict another L. That would make it five in a row.

Let's make it a regulation loss. Please and thank you.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:Toronto right back at it tonight against the Ducks. I predict another L. That would make it five in a row.

19 OT/SO losses will give the Leafs 88 points. Good enough for 9-10th. I'm OK with that.

I didn't listen to TGOR this morning, was there a Blue Team Elimination Watch today? They are out of a playoff spot.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Leafs have lost five in a row, although only two of those were regulation losses. They return home to face the Wings on Tuesday; first home game after a road trip usually means another loss. Wonder how long this streak could last.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm torn between wanting the Leafs to make the playoffs so that Ottawa can sweep them (and we can finally end the "Leafs dominance over Ottawa in the playoffs" narrative), and wanting to see them come in 9th so that they get a middling pick and go golfing while the Sens make some noise in the playoffs. 

*I should clarify that in both of these scenarios, the Sens do some serious damage in the playoffs. That's a given.  Nod Cheering

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Leafs won't catch any of Columbus, Rangers or Penguins, and Sens won't catch Washington. So the only way this could happen in the first round is if Ottawa tendons in second and the Leafs jump over Boston (currently 4 back with a game in hand).

I guess it could happen.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Leafs won't catch any of Columbus, Rangers or Penguins, and Sens won't catch Washington. So the only way this could happen in the first round is if Ottawa tendons in second and the Leafs jump over Boston (currently 4 back with a game in hand).

I guess it could happen.

Ya, Ottawa and Toronto going 2 and 3 in the division is the only way. I figured that was clearly understood, in part because for a while before Boston's resurgence, that's how everything looked.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I just don't see the Leafs changing their DNA in one season. Their schedule going forward is not easy. Finishing up the season against the Caps, Bolts, Pens and Jackets. Not a lot of easy gashes down the stretch.

No idea why they got Boyle. They need wingers. A big fourth line center is not going to help a lot.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
I just don't see the Leafs changing their DNA in one season. Their schedule going forward is not easy. Finishing up the season against the Caps, Bolts, Pens and Jackets. Not a lot of easy gashes down the stretch.

No idea why they got Boyle. They need wingers. A big fourth line center is not going to help a lot.

You do realize I wasn't making a prediction, right?  scratch

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tampa picked up a point last night. They sit two back of the Islanders, who hold the last Wildcard spot. The Bolts are tied in points with Florida, and one back of the Leafs. All of these teams have one game in hand on Tampa.

It's getting really tight.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum