GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
SensHulk
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Rangers owner (Dolan) part of group backing development of the Islanders' new arena:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-24/ny-rangers-owner-dolan-said-to-back-new-home-for-islanders

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Five Vancouver players out with the mumps and won't play against the Sharks. Second outbreak in two years, right?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The good news is that Florida lost as well

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:The good news is that Florida lost as well

Good? What are the odds they lose three in a row after sweeping a five game road trip? Probably lower than the odds of the Sens losing two in a row on the road with three top six forwards out.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well of course the Habs and Leafs would be a three point game.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Well of course the Habs and Leafs would be a three point game.

At least your team won.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 3 852933671

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is Koivu still wearing the C? No? Then not my team. Hasn't been for a while.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Leafs are headed for the Valley of Death, sitting one point up on the Islanders for the last wildcard spot.

Leafs play the Sharks tomorrow, then Kings and Ducks on Thursday/Friday. Rare Leaf-less Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday an the Buds don't play again until Tuesday night at home against the Wings. Given how the first home game after a road trip is usually a loss, this could well be four straight losses (on top of their current two OT losses in a row).

Meanwhile the Islanders come out of their bye week playing six straight on the road. First game is against Dallas, but teams coming off their bye weeks usually lose. Then Chicago, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, St. Louis. Not exactly an easy schedule, but easier than the Leafs.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

what a giant FU to Peter Budaj. Guy comes in and actually holds down the fort enough for the Kings to be competitive and then promptly gets traded....

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:what a giant FU to Peter Budaj.  Guy comes in and actually holds down the fort enough for the Kings to be competitive and then promptly gets traded....

Yeah, sucks for Budaj, but at least LA gave him the opportunity to get back in the league.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoff-Machine wrote:what a giant FU to Peter Budaj.  Guy comes in and actually holds down the fort enough for the Kings to be competitive and then promptly gets traded....

Totally. Not to mention he has better numbers than Bishop this year. This was a trade made by dumb and dumber. Two GMs slap fighting themselves to be the dumbest.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

Totally.  Not to mention he has better numbers than Bishop this year.  This was a trade made by dumb and dumber.  Two GMs slap fighting themselves to be the dumbest.

It was a good move by Stevie Y to get something for a guy they were going to lose anyway. Questionable move by LA, although they at least didn't give up a ton for Bishop.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We don't see this often, but could this be a precursor to another trade where they send Bishop to Philly?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Totally.  Not to mention he has better numbers than Bishop this year.  This was a trade made by dumb and dumber.  Two GMs slap fighting themselves to be the dumbest.

It was a good move by Stevie Y to get something for a guy they were going to lose anyway.  Questionable move by LA, although they at least didn't give up a ton for Bishop.

Ugh, I dunno. It's better than nothing, but Yzerman clearly should have traded him at the draft last year. He got nothing for a Vezina nominated goalie.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

I wouldn't go that far.
Depends how the kings feel about quicks health. If they feel like he could get re-Injured.
I think bishop has been playing much better as of late and there for the annual stats might be a bit misleading.

The part I don't get is that LA needs more scoring and Lombardi came out and said they won't further be trading. I don't see how that pushes them into the mix. Who knows though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

It was a good move by Stevie Y to get something for a guy they were going to lose anyway.  Questionable move by LA, although they at least didn't give up a ton for Bishop.

Ugh, I dunno.  It's better than nothing, but Yzerman clearly should have traded him at the draft last year.  He got nothing for a Vezina nominated goalie.
I think they tried to trade him to Calgary but that fell through. That would have been best for both teams

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bishop also had a partial NTC where he could list something like 8 or 10 teams he wouldn't go to.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not a good day for Ottawa's playoff chances. Boston, Montreal, Florida all won. Habs won 1-0 on a PP goal in OT. They went the whole month of February without a regulation win.

Leafs lost, as expected. The cling to the last Wildcard spot with a one point lead over the Islanders and Panthers; Islanders hold a game in hand. Tomorrow the Leafs play LA (who are one of out of a playoff spot) while the Islanders travel to Dallas and the Panthers to Philadelphia. This may not take very long.

Sens are 6 back of Montreal with three games in hand, and 4 up on 9th place Florida, with just one game in hand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum