GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
SensHulk
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Brooks Laich on waivers by the Leafs.  Getting ready to load up for the playoff push?  What if we grab Laich and Michalek?  Can't be worse than McCormick and Bailey, eh?

A couple years ago and I'd have been interested, but now I don't think Brooks Laich has much to offer, even for our injury-depleted roster.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sens have 70 points with 24 games to go. If they play .500 the rest of the way they end up with 94 points; that's probably not enough this year.

The team is 7-3 in their last 10 road games, which is where they will be spending the majority of the rest of the season (15 road games vs. 9 at home).

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Bruins and Panthers both lose in regulation, stopping their win streaks.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Bruins and Panthers both lose in regulation, stopping their win streaks.

Clapping

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Bruins and Panthers both lose in regulation, stopping their win streaks.

Clapping

I watched a little of the Bruins game. I think the score was 1-1 and the Bruins scored a goal that was waived off. Marchand skated through the edge of the screen and interfered with the goalie a couple seconds before the shot. The interference itself wasn't that bad and the goalie had time to recover. But as the two separate Marchand lifts his right leg and pushes with his skate on the goalie's pads. It was subtle but it was definitely there. Cassidy challenges and loses (it must have been a Bruins telecast from the Boston accents of the analysts and they were both saying how that was not interference). Chara scored a little bit later and I went to bed, but Anaheim came back to win it. Later in the game the Ducks scored a goal on an apparently obvious offside, but Cassidy had blown his challenge in the 1st period.

Now, that said, why was the offside call missed in the first place? I've definitely seen it in the CFL and it's becoming an issue in the NHL -- the refs/linesmen aren't making the close calls (pass interference, offsides) and leaving it to the coaches to challenge/review. Do your job!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tampa is just four points out of a playoff spot. Although there are four teams ahead of them, they have a game in hand on two of them.

Tampa plays Calgary tonight, Drouin is out with the flu.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Clapping

I watched a little of the Bruins game. I think the score was 1-1 and the Bruins scored a goal that was waived off.  Marchand skated through the edge of the screen and interfered with the goalie a couple seconds before the shot.  The interference itself wasn't that bad and the goalie had time to recover.  But as the two separate Marchand lifts his right leg and pushes with his skate on the goalie's pads.  It was subtle but it was definitely there.  Cassidy challenges and loses (it must have been a Bruins telecast from the Boston accents of the analysts and they were both saying how that was not interference).  Chara scored a little bit later and I went to bed, but Anaheim came back to win it.  Later in the game the Ducks scored a goal on an apparently obvious offside, but Cassidy had blown his challenge in the 1st period.

Now, that said, why was the offside call missed in the first place?  I've definitely seen it in the CFL and it's becoming an issue in the NHL -- the refs/linesmen aren't making the close calls (pass interference, offsides) and leaving it to the coaches to challenge/review.  Do your job!

At the speed they play the game, this is bound to happen from time to time. Have you ever made a mistake at work? Or are you and everyone around you expected to operate at 100% at all times? You must be delightful at staff meetings.  Laughing3

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You're missing the point. It's mostly CFL. They don't bother making the closer calls, waiting for the coach to challenge so they can review the video.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lightning lose in regulation. Islanders blank the Habs in Claude's 1000 the game. Leafs hang on to the loser point, losing in the shootout.

Boston coming up against LA. Let's make this night a complete sweep.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Habs getting blanked is good enough for me. I could tell they loss crossing the fans on my way home tonight. All is good with the world!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They had two goals called back by Wes McCauley. If that's not rubbing it in I don't know what is.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice to see the Habs fail miserably. Too bad the Leafs got the loser point, but other than Boston beating LA, the night was a pretty good one for our Mighty Senatores.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ottawa now has a better chance at winning the Division than Montreal (42% to 31%). Somehow with Toronto, Montreal and Tampa all losing we managed to drop 0.2% in the chance to make the playoffs. Weird, but I guess Boston winning and Toronto getting a loser point?
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL2.html

With that SO win against the Leafs the Rangers are now third in the Metropolitan, pushing the once unbeatable (literally) Blue Jackets into a wildcard spot. The Islanders hold the second spot, but Boston has the same number of points (played one more game) and Florida is just 2 back with a game in hand. Have the other teams now unofficially dropped out of the race? Philly is 5 back, Buffalo and Tampa at 6. I think it will take another week to sort out who will almost definitely miss. But there will still be three or four teams in the battle for the last spot.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Ottawa now has a better chance at winning the Division than Montreal (42% to 31%).  Somehow with Toronto, Montreal and Tampa all losing we managed to drop 0.2% in the chance to make the playoffs.  Weird, but I guess Boston winning and Toronto getting a loser point?
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL2.html

With that SO win against the Leafs the Rangers are now third in the Metropolitan, pushing the once unbeatable (literally) Blue Jackets into a wildcard spot.  The Islanders hold the second spot, but Boston has the same number of points (played one more game) and Florida is just 2 back with a game in hand.  Have the other teams now unofficially dropped out of the race?  Philly is 5 back, Buffalo and Tampa at 6.  I think it will take another week to sort out who will almost definitely miss. But there will still be three or four teams in the battle for the last spot.

I hate those % chances of crap. Everything can change dramatically with a key injury or two. We are far from a sure thing to even make the playoffs, let alone win the division.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

84.6% chance of making the playoffs. We've had our share of injuries -- MacArthur, Ryan, Anderson (not injury but still). If you add the games that Anderson has missed, especially given that he was our #1, we'd jump quite a bit in those charts.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Rangers owner (Dolan) part of group backing development of the Islanders' new arena:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-02-24/ny-rangers-owner-dolan-said-to-back-new-home-for-islanders

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Five Vancouver players out with the mumps and won't play against the Sharks. Second outbreak in two years, right?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The good news is that Florida lost as well

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum