GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
SensHulk
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Much like the Leafs beginning several years ago, the long road to the bottom for Montreal will be VERY enjoyable.  Resigning Price was a huge mistake, although I understand why they did it.

Not a mistake. They had to re-sign Price. It would be the same as Ottawa not re-signing Karlsson.

What really hurt them was re-signing Galchenyuk to his ludicrous contract and putting him on the 4th line. It's been a ticking time-bomb in Mtl since they traded Subban. They haven't addressed their #1 center issue for a few years now. Fact is they're not very good.

Carey Price is going to be 38 and still getting $10.5M per season.  There's no other goalie getting paid anywhere close to that.  Also, Price has had some concerning injury issues.  I know it would've taken a massive set of balls to trade Price at some point last season or this season, but I think it would've been the best way for the Canadiens to move forward.  Get a couple great assets for him (and/or use the $$ to resign Radulov or whoever) and remake the team a bit.  Man, they could've tried to get Fleury from Pittsburgh for nothing.  

The best case scenario with Price is that he plays great and continually makes them a playoff bubble team.

The Habs also have Charlie Lindgren (23 yrs old) in the AHL who is one of the best goalies on the planet not in the NHL.  

For those keeping track (nobody), Lindgren played his first game of the season for the Habs the other night and posted a shutout.  He's starting for them again tonight against Vegas as Price is injured (as I mentioned in my old post above, injuries are a concern with Price).

Charlie Lindgren with another good performance for Montreal and a W last night, giving up two goals.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I've been listening to hockey central at noon on podcasts lately because there just isn't enough good sens podcasts but man, I had never realized how much of a tool Kyprios is! I realize he's trying to inflame people but he just comes off as an idiot! 
It's bad enough how reactionary they are with the leafs but he's so unknowledged about the situation with the sens and other teams. It's no wonder fan bases are uneducated when this is the state of the media

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I don't bother listening to any of them

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I feel like we're at the point where most of these more traditional hockey shows are so incredibly redundant. The hardcore hockey fan is pretty well-informed these days, and listening to talking heads like Kypreos or whoever doesn't really offer any new insight.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:I've been listening to hockey central at noon on podcasts lately because there just isn't enough good sens podcasts but man, I had never realized how much of a tool Kyprios is! I realize he's trying to inflame people but he just comes off as an idiot! 
It's bad enough how reactionary they are with the leafs but he's so unknowledged about the situation with the sens and other teams. It's no wonder fan bases are uneducated when this is the state of the media

He comes off as an idiot or he is an idiot? I honestly don't listen to any of it. Team 1200 when I'm in the car and that's it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've been saying this for years -- Kypper played too many years without a helmet. It was a concussion that finally knocked him into retirement, and he clearly has had multiple instances. He simply isn't all there (not that there was much there to begin with).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I've been listening to hockey central at noon on podcasts lately because there just isn't enough good sens podcasts but man, I had never realized how much of a tool Kyprios is! I realize he's trying to inflame people but he just comes off as an idiot! 

He comes off as an idiot or he is an idiot? I honestly don't listen to any of it. Team 1200 when I'm in the car and that's it.

I don’t understand why I can’t download any of the team 1200 in podcast format.
It’s really annoying. I can’t just tune into the radio at work.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:

I download them all the time. Well, the Pierre segments, at least. I use Podcast Addict and searching "tsn1200" gives me TGOR, The Drive, In The Box, Redblacks Radio Show, Offside (Macramalla), Tee it Up, Corner Kicks, Battle of the Atlantic (new one), That's What She Said, TSN Weekend.

If you search "McGuire" you will find a separate podcast of just McGuire's spot on TGOR (it's will also be in one of the TGOR hours). There are other McGuire podcasts but, interestingly, his spot on TSN690 in the afternoons is not there (you can likely listen to that if you download the afternoon TSN690 show, I think it's Melnick in the Afternoon or something like that).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And if you just want to listen on your PC then you can go to tsn1200.ca and click on Audio, then More Audio (or click on Shows, then TGOR or whichever). Or follow TSN1200 on twitter and they post links to all the audios shortly after they happen (this will get it faster than searching in a podcast app)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:I feel like we're at the point where most of these more traditional hockey shows are so incredibly redundant.  The hardcore hockey fan is pretty well-informed these days, and listening to talking heads like Kypreos or whoever doesn't really offer any new insight.

Exactly. Sometimes people just want validation that their team made a good trade, or their best players are the best. There's almost no new insite with most of these guys.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I don’t think podcast addict is available for iPhone l can’t find it

I download them all the time.  Well, the Pierre segments, at least.  I use Podcast Addict and searching "tsn1200" gives me TGOR, The Drive, In The Box, Redblacks Radio Show, Offside (Macramalla), Tee it Up, Corner Kicks, Battle of the Atlantic (new one), That's What She Said, TSN Weekend.

If you search "McGuire" you will find a separate podcast of just McGuire's spot on TGOR (it's will also be in one of the TGOR hours). There are other McGuire podcasts but, interestingly, his spot on TSN690 in the afternoons is not there (you can likely listen to that if you download the afternoon TSN690 show, I think it's Melnick in the Afternoon or something like that).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think you put your reply in the wrong place. If you have an iPhone I guess you are restricted to what's on iTunes? In PodcastAddict the search includes a check box for using the iTunes search engine, but it's not checked. Although I thought the podcasts were available on iTunes. Not sure.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I think you put your reply in the wrong place. If you have an iPhone I guess you are restricted to what's on iTunes? In PodcastAddict the search includes a check box for using the iTunes search engine, but it's not checked.  Although I thought the podcasts were available on iTunes. Not sure.

I ended up finding it in the iPhone podcast application. It doesn’t show up when you search tsn which is weird since the provider is TSN 1200.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Watching Vegas win with their 4th string goalie is getting old.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They won their game here with their 11th ranked powerplay. They are 6th best in the league with risk PP opportunities. Is the league helping them along just a little bit?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

what's a risk PP opportunity

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:what's a risk PP opportunity

No idea. Should've been something like "total", but that doesn't look like "risk" at all.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Turris with a goal and an assist in his first game in a mustard jersey. Preds beat the Penguins in a shootout.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum