GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+10
Ev
Oglethorpe
SensHulk
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
spader
wprager
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 25 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Stone, Hoffman, and Wingels are going with the team to Jersey, so maybe it's not as bad as we think..?

Oh please be true that Stone's flying with the team.  Because they can't fly if they're concussed, right?

Pretty sure that's wrong.

In any case, he didn't look concussed lady night. But a neck injury could still keep him out a game or two.  DOPS on their video said "no injury" as one of the points for determining suspension.

So looks like we dodged a bullet.

No idea what was wrong with Hoffman.

Really? I didn't think guys with concussions could fly - at least not right away.

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Stone, Hoffman, and Wingels are going with the team to Jersey, so maybe it's not as bad as we think..?

Oh please be true that Stone's flying with the team.  Because they can't fly if they're concussed, right?

In any case, he didn't look concussed lady night. But a neck injury could still keep him out a game or two.  DOPS on their video said "no injury" as one of the points for determining suspension.

Really?  I didn't think guys with concussions could fly - at least not right away.

I'm on day 62 since I suffered my concussion and the thought of flying does not sound appealing. The change in air pressure alone would worry me. I think the team would not take the chance of sending Stone if he had suffered another concussion.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hobiesens wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Really?  I didn't think guys with concussions could fly - at least not right away.

I'm on day 62 since I suffered my concussion and the thought of flying does not sound appealing. The change in air pressure alone would worry me. I think the team would not take the chance of sending Stone if he had suffered another concussion.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Hopefully this is good news for Stone and the Senators.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dorion says he hopes both Stone and Hoffman will play on Sunday.

Teams have called about Lazar but 1st choice is to keep him (when the other option is to give him away, duh!). Said he had his best game last night -- I don't know if I can agree with that as he had a couple of great shifts but was quite invisible for long stretches as well. If he's only going to play 12-15 shifts he has to be like the energizer bunny out there. Kinda like what McCormick did.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pierre Dorion wrote:If Nick Paul wants to play in the NHL, he has to be way better than he's been this year.

Well, that's certainly one way to ensure that your prospect is not part of any up-coming trade. Paul is 4th on the team in points despite that nasty injury (laceration on his arm). He won the hardest working player award at the DC, then dropped 11 lbs by the Rookie Tournament by doing cardio (I'm guessing he was told to do that to get a little quicker). Things appeared to be headed in the right direction, then Bingo happened. WTH is going on down on the farm? Paul, Prince, Puempel, O'Connor, Perron -- a lot of highly touted prospects have either fizzled or are not living up to expectations. I'm probably missing a couple others (I'd throw in Lazar but he spent very little time down there).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Pierre Dorion wrote:If Nick Paul wants to play in the NHL, he has to be way better than he's been this year.

Well, that's certainly one way to ensure that your prospect is not part of any up-coming trade.  Paul is 4th on the team in points despite that nasty injury (laceration on his arm).  He won the hardest working player award at the DC, then dropped 11 lbs by the Rookie Tournament by doing cardio (I'm guessing he was told to do that to get a little quicker).  Things appeared to be headed in the right direction, then Bingo happened.  WTH is going on down on the farm?  Paul, Prince, Puempel, O'Connor, Perron -- a lot of highly touted prospects have either fizzled or are not living up to expectations.  I'm probably missing a couple others (I'd throw in Lazar but he spent very little time down there).

Probably because it's a big jump between being an older more physically mature player in junior and being a young guy in the NHL. Theseplayers you mention are all fairly average players and none are top end prospects with extraordinary skills. They usually take a few years to mature up to the NHL. How long did it take Hoffman? A couple years?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dorion said more than that.  Said he was shocked at how average Paul looked and very disappointed and told his agent that after he saw the bingo game.  Very close to a direct quote there.

Paul better get his act together.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Dorion said more than that.  Said he was shocked at how average Paul looked and very disappointed and told his agent that after he saw the bingo game.  Very close to a direct quote there.

Paul better get his act together.
Maybe paul does need a wake-up call. I didn't think he'd more that a 3rd liner and it isn't looking good right now.
Still, he'll get a shot to turn it around or they'll package him up in a trade.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stone and Hoffman on the ice for practice. Taking their regular spots. Maybe they'll play tomorrow?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

... aand Stone takes a puck to the head.  Facepalm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How bad?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's fine. Phew.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Blunden and Varone have been called up. I assume McCormick and Bailey going back down.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Blunden and Varone have been called up. I assume McCormick and Bailey going back down.

Kinda weird, but I guess it's rewarding other guys that have done decently on a poor Bingo team?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Blunden and Varone have been called up. I assume McCormick and Bailey going back down.

Kinda weird, but I guess it's rewarding other guys that have done decently on a poor Bingo team?

That and big trades brewin'. Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 25 852933671

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's probably bad news regarding one or both of Stone/Hoffman. But Varone needed to be up in the first place, so that's good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stone was doubtful for Friday and after the loss in Carolina I think he might play Sunday. They already said Hoffman won't play this weekend.

Maybe they still want room for a healthy scratch at forward.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11319

This is the player the Sens signed from the Swiss league. Signed for the rest of this season and a two way next year. So a depth move but he'll get an audition down the stretch.

Not sure if this should be in the deadline thread, I don't think this is it for Dorion.  

Boucher had coached this guy on the Q and some international tournament. Plus he knows him from the Swiss league.  Dorion made a quick trip to Switzerland earlier to scout him.

Has never had any NHL experience. Had a significant injury that derailed his development. Undersized but with NHL skillset.

Last edited by wprager on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 25 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum