GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #24: Flyers @ Sens, Dec 1, 2016, 7:30pm

+2
wprager
tim1_2
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, terrible timeout usage.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Couple points. They should not tie timeouts to challenges. They don't need more timeouts because of the available tv timeouts, but not being able to challenge is ridiculous. Second point is the officials should be challenging themselves more. Make the right call, or check to make sure you were right. Don't delegate quality assurance to coach's challenges.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Boro? Why?  His last penalty he was frustrated with himself. Banged his head on the glass as if to say "Bad Boro!"  Don't think he was complaining about the call.

Oh yes he was complaining about the call. That was obvious. He put his arms up for a moment, then banged his head on the glass.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I completely disagree, sorry. He clearly didn't think the hold on Simmonds warranted a call but this one he clearly made a mistake. And he knew it.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Couple points.  They should not tie timeouts to challenges. They don't need more timeouts because of the available tv timeouts, but not being able to challenge is ridiculous. Second point is the officials should be challenging themselves more. Make the right call, or check to make sure you were right. Don't delegate quality assurance to coach's challenges.

I think it's fair to tie it to timeouts. However they need a provision now that each team is allowed just 1 challenge per game (which is already the case). Scenarios should play out as the following:

1) if you have a timeout, you may challenge and if you lose, the timeout will be taken away.
2) if you don't have a timeout, you may still challenge and if you lose, your team is now assessed a 2-min penalty for delay of game.

The latter would also clean up any Dung challenges made to change momentum and all that crap.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I completely disagree, sorry. He clearly didn't think the hold on Simmonds warranted a call but this one he clearly made a mistake.  And he knew it.

It was a borderline call and the refs had been making crap calls on him all night. If he didn't mean that as a frustration move against the ref, he's still really lucky it wasn't called, because it looked like it to me and the commentators etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum