GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #14: Kings @ Sens, Nov 11, 2016, 7:30pm

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Kings are coming off a loss to the Habs last night. The Sens are a little more rested...I have no idea who's still injured (Wideman, Neil, etc). Anderson should start tonight. I know Budaj (!) tended the net for the Kings last night, but I don't actually know who their other goalie is right now...Zatkoff?

Anyway, it should be a tight contest tonight at the CTC.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Diddle would have been great if kings won last night.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Zatkoff is their backup but they also have Campbell. Kings are about five days into their East Coast swing and jetlag usually takes a few days to kick in.

On paper this one should not be a problem.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We should be able to beat them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Budaj in nets?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:Budaj in nets?

Who said that? He was in goal last night so I'm expecting Zatkoff or Campbell.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Budaj in nets?

Who said that? He was in goal last night so I'm expecting Zatkoff or Campbell.

Kings team scope Los Angeles Kings goaltender Peter Budaj, who has played in 12 straight games (11 starts) likely will start. He is 7-4-0 with a 1.96 goals-against average and a .915 save percentage and had two straight shutouts prior to a 4-1 loss to the Montreal Canadiens at Bell Centre on Thursday. The Kings have been inconsistent offensively; they were shut out three games in a row, then scored 15 goals in three straight wins prior to the loss Thursday. Captain Anze Kopitar has two goals this season and none in his past eight games. The Kings power play is 26th on the road (10. 7 percent). wrote:

https://www.nhl.com/news/los-angeles-kings-ottawa-senators-game-preview/c-283633236?tid=277729158

No idea if he knows what he's talking about.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I read the first sentence which said Chris Neil returns to the lineup. WIN

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson has gone two games without a point. He will get on the score sheet tonight.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Huge win!  things were looking desperate big time.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Totally missed the game. One of my best friends birthday. You got to give a little. So it was good?
Nice to see Karls get a couple of assist and stone score.

Gonna have to try and find the game to rewatch on YouTube.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I got home a little after Smith tied it and watched the rest live. From what I heard on the radio on the car or saw on twitter at the gym this was not an exciting game to watch. Until the third, at least.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It was not exciting, no.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I only saw the last 15 minutes of the 3rd. It looked like they played really solid defensively again, and then we just got a couple dirty goals to win it. Nothing like a good ol' Mark Stone goal celebration.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The last 15 of the third was the best part by a country mile. The Sens started to take it to LA and LA had no fight left in them really. The Sens must have had 5 or 6 huge chances to tie it and I think most people were starting to shake their collective heads at the lack of scoring, then the Pageau pass to Smith who knocked it out of the air to score, then the Karlsson point shot that Pageau deftly deflected and Stone put in.

Neat stuff to win it, but pretty boring game overall.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum