GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #24: Flyers @ Sens, Dec 1, 2016, 7:30pm

+2
wprager
tim1_2
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I don't mind Claesson at least starting the game with Karlsson.  Like others though, I'm not sure why the Phaneuf/Ceci pairing is etched in stone.  

I don't see any reason either for it to be in stone.  Phaneuf/Karlsson please!

Because it resembles how they skate?

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I don't mind Claesson at least starting the game with Karlsson.  Like others though, I'm not sure why the Phaneuf/Ceci pairing is etched in stone.  

Because it resembles how they skate?

Hehehe...they aren't THAT bad at getting around the rink. Ceci has always seemed a bit like a pudgy kid who isn't fleet of foot.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GDT - Game #24: Flyers @ Sens, Dec 1, 2016, 7:30pm - Page 2 824034342

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:

They make an aggressive and dynamic pairing. Losing Methot really throws a wrench in things, though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoffman/Stone hot or what!

PP with goals in three straight games. 4 for 7 over that stretch.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ugh...guess I jinxed things with "guaranteed win night". I should've remembered that Giroux lights us up. 

Nice PP goal...not much else to say. Condon probably would like to have that floater back that was borderline high sticking, the reffing was pretty poor, and Claesson had 7 minutes of ice time (he got injured and didn't play in the 3rd though)...Boro had 8 minutes just in PIMs!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Meh, when you have to kill 7 minutes of penalties it makes it a lot harder.  Pretty even game, maybe Philly was better overall.  point banked.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Hoffman/Stone hot or what!

PP with goals in three straight games.   4 for 7 over that stretch.
Deadly duo

kyle turris

kyle turris
Prospect
Prospect

Hoffman with a double espresso. Finally waking up!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The ref (Morton) was beyond terrible.  Missing a high stick, that I can understand.  But the trip on Phaneuf when he's going to get the puck,  where else are you looking?  Or the waterskiing behind Brassard right in don't of the ref.  Or Ghost going down from his ankles when slashed on the shoulder.  The holding on Boro was weak, but he still took three others. Bad Boro.

Bah.  Should have been 2 points.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I do enjoy seeing Boucher go full maniac, so that was something.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I half expected him to start bleeding from the eye.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He was so pissed and to be honest I wondered when Boro was gonna get an unsportsmanlike penalty.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boro? Why? His last penalty he was frustrated with himself. Banged his head on the glass as if to say "Bad Boro!" Don't think he was complaining about the call.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I regret complimenting Boro over the weekend....seems to have jinxed him. Guy needs to be more disciplines, he Cussed over the sens in that 2nd period along with the refs.

And hindsight is 20/20, but did Boucher really need to blow his timeout on that icing? I get everyone is tired but you're up 2-0. Take the risk. Could have challenged the first goal and would have won too.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, terrible timeout usage.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Couple points. They should not tie timeouts to challenges. They don't need more timeouts because of the available tv timeouts, but not being able to challenge is ridiculous. Second point is the officials should be challenging themselves more. Make the right call, or check to make sure you were right. Don't delegate quality assurance to coach's challenges.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Boro? Why?  His last penalty he was frustrated with himself. Banged his head on the glass as if to say "Bad Boro!"  Don't think he was complaining about the call.

Oh yes he was complaining about the call. That was obvious. He put his arms up for a moment, then banged his head on the glass.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum