GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #17: Preds @ Sens, Nov 17, 2016, 7:30pm

+6
PTFlea
spader
wprager
SensHulk
Flo The Action
tim1_2
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:The Sens kind of suck this year to be brutally honest.  10-5-1 is quite misleading.   I would look at ottawa as a soft spot on the schedule if I was an opposing team.

Except they don't. Before tonight they were othsooting their opponents and playing great defence. They were simply in scoring slumps.

They played last night without two top six wingers.

One game and everyone goes crazy. So typical

They played the past few games with those two top 6 wingers and STILL haven't been able to score more than 2 goals in regulation time. And getting the 2nd goal in regulation has taken them till the 11th hour....

Look I see what you're doing but past 10 games are not positive by any means except in the PK and goaltending department. Our bottom 6 is non-existent as well and yes we look pretty Cussing slow. I know you like to think you're smarter than most ppl but there's definitely a troubling trend brewing.

My only take from last night is that no more can they play the same way and justify it because they were getting points or keeping opponent's shots/goal count lower. That all got blown out of the water last night. Now they need a big showing next game.

Even Karlsson needs to get his Dung together.

MarkStone

Rookie
Rookie

Hoff-Machine wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:The Sens kind of suck this year to be brutally honest.  10-5-1 is quite misleading.   I would look at ottawa as a soft spot on the schedule if I was an opposing team.

Except they don't. Before tonight they were othsooting their opponents and playing great defence. They were simply in scoring slumps.

They played last night without two top six wingers.

One game and everyone goes crazy. So typical

They played the past few games with those two top 6 wingers and STILL haven't been able to score more than 2 goals in regulation time.  And getting the 2nd goal in regulation has taken them till the 11th hour....

Look I see what you're doing but past 10 games are not positive by any means except in the PK and goaltending department.  Our bottom 6 is non-existent as well and yes we look pretty Cussing slow.  I know you like to think you're smarter than most ppl but there's definitely a troubling trend brewing.

My only take from last night is that no more can they play the same way and justify it because they were getting points or keeping opponent's shots/goal count lower.  That all got blown out of the water last night.  Now they need a big showing next game.

Even Karlsson needs to get his Dung together.

but even the best teams have games where they look terrible

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

I don't think you're reading what I'm getting at: this wasn't a one-off.  Yes, every team has Dung games.   I agree, the sens game last night was shittier than others, but this was a trend from the last few games and it was bound to happen.  There needs to be a more serious change with our roster.  

Sens have been winning games or getting loser points when they should have been losing (see LA, Philly, Minny).  I'd group Buffalo in there as well, that was a horrific OT period they played.  3 shootout victories says a lot as well. So them getting dominated last night is a good thing IMO so they can get this false sense of security out

3 weeks in a row where offence has gone completely dry.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MarkStone wrote:Somehow we make the playoffs? We're sitting very pretty and there's no team behind us who I think are great.
yeah we might make the playoff but i don't see how this team makes any noise in the playoffs. too many holes.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm hopeful Bobby Ryan remains out of the lineup for a while and someone who can actually skate and do things gets an opportunity.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

You may get your wish. No Ryan, Hoffman or Neil at practice, although Hoffman skated before main practice, by himself.

Apparently Dorion and others are down in Bingo. There have also been an unusual number of scouts at recent B-Sens games. Something may be up.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I'm hopeful Bobby Ryan remains out of the lineup for a while and someone who can actually skate and do things gets an opportunity.
you are way too critical of Ryan. he may not be the guy that hustles the most out there but he's far from being the worst also.

we can all agree he's not playing good enough to warrant 7.5 million but that's just the reality.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bobby battles through stuff all the time. Last two years he played with a broken finger, freezing it before games. Now, of course that shouldn't affect his legs but fleetness of foot was never his game, it was his shooting. And when you can't feel your finger (or you wish you didn't) that can't be good for shooting strength or accuracy (and eventually you probably don't even want to shoot).

So the question I have -- now that he's probably broken that same damn finger again -- what the **** is wrong with his gloves?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I'm hopeful Bobby Ryan remains out of the lineup for a while and someone who can actually skate and do things gets an opportunity.
you are way too critical of Ryan. he may not be the guy that hustles the most out there but he's far from being the worst also.

we can all agree he's not playing good enough to warrant 7.5 million but that's just the reality.

I am too critical of him, but is a guy that needs to produce for our team to have any long term success, and I'm really concerned about his contract.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum