GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #17: Preds @ Sens, Nov 17, 2016, 7:30pm

+6
PTFlea
spader
wprager
SensHulk
Flo The Action
tim1_2
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Is Cody bass playing tonight? That's your X factor right there.hehe

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Mike Fisher needs to take another another double minor.

Oh, and PK needs to STFU.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Sens kind of suck this year to be brutally honest.  10-5-1 is quite misleading.   I would look at ottawa as a soft spot on the schedule if I was an opposing team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well this is a wash....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I hope I'm wrong, but right now this team looks like crap.  keep this up and we miss the playoffs without question. 

I've long thought that about defence only teams. You must have balance obviously, you will nearly never win anything like this.

Plus, it's Cussing boring as Dung

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There was an interview with Subban where he was asked about Condon (being an ex teammate and all). In that interview he said they were going to try to throw everything at the net, generate a lot of shots. That's exactly what they did. But we're they high quality shots of was there just a large number of them and Condon wasn't very good?

I dreaded the game of of disgust and didn't watch any. Only listened to the first period on the radio.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:The Sens kind of suck this year to be brutally honest.  10-5-1 is quite misleading.   I would look at ottawa as a soft spot on the schedule if I was an opposing team.

Except they don't. Before tonight they were othsooting their opponents and playing great defence. They were simply in scoring slumps.

They played last night without two top six wingers.

One game and everyone goes crazy. So typical

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That's not true. They were outshot by Philly and Minny, and a tired LA team without Gaborik tied them at 33. They had a nice stretch for a while but have not been doing well of late.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Plus they have scored one or two regulation, non empty net goals in a dozen games. That's more than just a slump. It's everyone slumping together for a while month.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think we can all agree that this team isn't a contender as it stands. I wonder how much the leafs would want for JVR? Probably less than Saad. Our first plus something else? I'm sure they would ask for one of our top prospects on top of that but could we get away with giving up less?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wouldn't pay that for JVR.  Saad maybe, but even then, that's a ton to pay.  Saad would probably cost white plus a 1st I would guess and don't forget he was either a healthy scratch or close last week, can't recall which it was, so he's not exactly burning it up either.

I dunno....maybe this is growing pains with a new coach, but Diddle me it looks bad - and has looked bad more than good imo.

People are starting to be right after all this time, are we perpetually going to be average?

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:That's not true. They were outshot by Philly and Minny, and a tired LA team without Gaborik tied them at 33.  They had a nice stretch for a while but have not been doing well of late.

before last night, their average shots for were greater than shots against. That was just a fact.

Those teams you mentioned are great teams. Philly is great offensively. It's just the ebbs and flows of a season. We need to get healthy and keep griding.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A part of me agrees with Ev,  but another part says we're fooling ourselves.  We'll see I guess

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:A part of me agrees with Ev,  but another part says we're fooling ourselves.  We'll see I guess
I think we're fooling ourselves if we think we are great. Mind you I do think we are very cold as a whole. I think much of our offense should be producing more but I still feel like we are missing that top 6 LW like I said all along. Smith isn't suited for the top 6 and dzingel isn't ready either(maybe someday) there's a whole there for sure.

Also I feel that if somehow we did make the playoffs we would still need to acquire another defender with experience. We're always one injury away down there from a serious hole.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

Somehow we make the playoffs? We're sitting very pretty and there's no team behind us who I think are great.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:The Sens kind of suck this year to be brutally honest.  10-5-1 is quite misleading.   I would look at ottawa as a soft spot on the schedule if I was an opposing team.

Except they don't. Before tonight they were othsooting their opponents and playing great defence. They were simply in scoring slumps.

They played the past few games with those two top 6 wingers and STILL haven't been able to score more than 2 goals in regulation time. And getting the 2nd goal in regulation has taken them till the 11th hour....

Look I see what you're doing but past 10 games are not positive by any means except in the PK and goaltending department. Our bottom 6 is non-existent as well and yes we look pretty Cussing slow. I know you like to think you're smarter than most ppl but there's definitely a troubling trend brewing.

My only take from last night is that no more can they play the same way and justify it because they were getting points or keeping opponent's shots/goal count lower. That all got blown out of the water last night. Now they need a big showing next game.

Even Karlsson needs to get his Dung together.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

Hoff-Machine wrote:
Ev wrote:

They played the past few games with those two top 6 wingers and STILL haven't been able to score more than 2 goals in regulation time.  And getting the 2nd goal in regulation has taken them till the 11th hour....

Look I see what you're doing but past 10 games are not positive by any means except in the PK and goaltending department.  Our bottom 6 is non-existent as well and yes we look pretty Cussing slow.  I know you like to think you're smarter than most ppl but there's definitely a troubling trend brewing.

My only take from last night is that no more can they play the same way and justify it because they were getting points or keeping opponent's shots/goal count lower.  That all got blown out of the water last night.  Now they need a big showing next game.

Even Karlsson needs to get his Dung together.

but even the best teams have games where they look terrible

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think you're reading what I'm getting at: this wasn't a one-off.  Yes, every team has Dung games.   I agree, the sens game last night was shittier than others, but this was a trend from the last few games and it was bound to happen.  There needs to be a more serious change with our roster.  

Sens have been winning games or getting loser points when they should have been losing (see LA, Philly, Minny).  I'd group Buffalo in there as well, that was a horrific OT period they played.  3 shootout victories says a lot as well. So them getting dominated last night is a good thing IMO so they can get this false sense of security out

3 weeks in a row where offence has gone completely dry.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum