GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

+5
PTFlea
Ev
Flo The Action
wprager
spader
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is a sports website. Don't expect your radical views to be shared.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm ignoring you because you're a complete kook job. Holy duck.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Prags ,  it's for  you....

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Can someone clue me in on what SWJ means?

SJW. It means Social Justice Warrior. It's basically a term used by right-wing types to describe people who try to battle every injustice. People sometimes earn that title by doing things like posting about issues that don't actually concern them or are overblown by the media. e.g., People who posted about the injustice regarding Harambe or Cecil the Lion.

EDIT: I'd love to see Ev's definition too. I'm sure it's slightly different from mine.

It's people who re completely clueless and don't actually want social justice, they want everything for themselves. Extreme Feminists, sjws, white knights. Are selfish morons.

Im as white and European as they come. How am I fighting for other people's social justice selfish? So women fighting for equal opportunities and to be respected(and not wanting a man that thinks he can have his way with them because he's a star) are I'm sure another extreme feminist?

Keep talking. You are the tipycak portrait of the privileged white male who's afraid that the balance will tilt to place him on equal grounds.
Pathetic.

Lmao. Shut the Diddle up dude. You wouldn't dare say any of this Dung in public.

There's a difference between feminists (good) and extreme feminists.

Dude, I spent the early and mid 90's openly fighting the heritage front and hammer skins in the streets of Ottawa. Fist to cuffs. I don't have any problems speaking my mind to any racists, xenophobes or sexists right in their face. I've down more than my share of them when I ran with anti-fascist action. So trust me that you or any of your likeminded buddies huff and puff your chest at me I'd be ready for any of it again.
You may picture me as some neo-hippy Dung protester but I spent my adolescence on the streets between Ottawa, Montréal and Vancouver having to constantly fight with boneheads so clear your mental image if you will. I walk my talk.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:This is a sports website. Don't expect your radical views to be shared.
It's Canada, don't expect yours to be either. Last time I checked we are liberal leaning.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Haha wow. What a Cussing bozo.

Keep on fighting the good fight.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:This is a sports website. Don't expect your radical views to be shared.
It's Canada, don't expect yours to be either. Last time I checked we are liberal leaning.

I don't have any radical views and don't belong to Any party. I vote conservative but don't really care.

Meanwhile other people waste their time going to protests and garbage like that when they could actually be doing akemthign cosmstecuitve with their lives.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I don't have any radical views and don't belong to Any party. I vote conservative but don't really care.

Meanwhile other people waste their time going to protests and garbage like that when they could actually be doing akemthign cosmstecuitve with their lives.

Funny. I didn't know those were exclusive to each other. Of course when you're only in it for yourself...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can we just make amends? I think we both look stupid. I just wanna talk hockey. I don't like this politics crap.

I apologize for belittling you.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd prefer if things didn't get this heated. we clearly have opposing political/social views that are likely never going to meet. Probably best that they don't come up.
Back to hockey.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I am not a Trump supporter, although I have a few in my extended family. Two brothers in law ( both sides of the border), a 19 year old niece who is an artist ( that one was a shock, still wondering if it was some kind of joke or performance art) and my own sister lives on Dallas! So I am used to having to tread carefully.

Clearly, the main combatants here do not have to carefully navigate family meetings or other discussions.

Please, can someone show me exactly where Trump said he wanted to tag *all* Muslims? And what does it have to do with race?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I am not a Trump supporter,  although I have a few in my extended family.  Two brothers in law ( both sides of the border), a 19 year old niece who is an artist ( that one was a shock, still wondering if it was some kind of joke or performance art) and my own sister lives on Dallas!   So I am used to having to tread carefully.

Clearly, the main combatants here do not have to carefully navigate family meetings or other discussions.

Please, can someone show me exactly where Trump said he wanted to tag *all* Muslims?  And what does it have to do with race?

This is CNN but there are others out there if you bother to google it
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/20/opinions/obeidallah-trump-anti-muslim/

Maybe you won't like his one because it's the libreral Huffington post but it is what it is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-racist-examples_us_56d47177e4b03260bf777e83

And here's this lovely one. I mean who you surround yourself with in the Oval Office is a clear indication of what you represent
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/15/us/politics/donald-trump-presidency.html?_r=0
I mean Bannon's anti-Jew sentiments are well documented.

You can argue that Muslims are not a race but more often than not they aren't white.

You're right though. I don't have to argue with any family members about trump. I do have a couple of Quebec separatists in my family though. That always makes for some interesting exchanges when it surfaces. They aren't hard-line though. I think it's the age they are and are left over from the 60's separatist movements. Anyways. I digress.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
spader wrote:
wprager wrote:Can someone clue me in on what SWJ means?

SJW. It means Social Justice Warrior. It's basically a term used by right-wing types to describe people who try to battle every injustice. People sometimes earn that title by doing things like posting about issues that don't actually concern them or are overblown by the media. e.g., People who posted about the injustice regarding Harambe or Cecil the Lion.

EDIT: I'd love to see Ev's definition too. I'm sure it's slightly different from mine.

It's people who re completely clueless and don't actually want social justice, they want everything for themselves. Extreme Feminists, sjws, white knights. Are selfish morons.

Selfish, clueless people = social justice warriors. Good definition, Ev. That really clears things up. I'm a firm believer that if you can't articulate your understanding of a term, you don't understand that term. This is a fine example. It looks to me like SJW is your way of saying "left-leaning person whose opinion I don't respect." If you're ok with that, so be it, but that's how your (kind of juvenile) explanation comes off.  Clapping

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I am not a Trump supporter,  although I have a few in my extended family.  Two brothers in law ( both sides of the border), a 19 year old niece who is an artist ( that one was a shock, still wondering if it was some kind of joke or performance art) and my own sister lives on Dallas!   So I am used to having to tread carefully.

Please, can someone show me exactly where Trump said he wanted to tag *all* Muslims?  And what does it have to do with race?

Just out of curiosity, do you regularly hold family meetings to discuss politics, and is it expected that no one will say anything controversial to the group in these meetings? I love talking about politics with my dad (who is a staunch conservative). We disagree, but everytime we talk about it we get closer to understanding each other. If done respectfully, these conversations can be awesome.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

Maybe you won't like his one because it's the libreral Huffington post but it is what it is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-racist-examples_us_56d47177e4b03260bf777e83

And here's this lovely one. I mean who you surround yourself with in the Oval Office  is a clear indication of what you represent

You can argue that Muslims are not a race but more often than not they aren't white.

You're right though. I don't have to argue with any family members about trump. I do have a couple of Quebec separatists in my family though. That always makes for some interesting exchanges when it surfaces. They aren't hard-line though. I think it's the age they are and are left over from the 60's separatist movements. Anyways. I digress.

Don't try to muddy the waters with facts.  Sarcasm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
MarkStone wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
MarkStone wrote:lmao so a Ottawa lady rabbi "wakes up to a swastika" on her door and she blames it on Trump. Who she's ripped on for months. Hmmmm
See i thought that's a perfect example. So because she ripped on trump and she's Jewish it makes it ok for someone to do this? That's exactly what wrong with this picture.
Oh wait! I thought we were all entileled to our own opinion!
Apparently not.

What does this have to do with opinions exactly? No it's not a good thing (if it's real - it may be faked), just saying it's complete lunacy to immediately think of Trump when something like this happens. News flash, this has happened every now and then forever. To blame Trump winning the election is just stupid lmao. Trump is anti-semite now? Just wow. People are just so brainwashed.

If you read the woman's facebook, you immediately see how looney she comes off as. SJWs, man.

if you honestly agree with this woman that this kind of thing in Ottawa was caused by the US election, then sorry but you're nuts .

FrNkly I'm beginning to think you live a very sheltered life. If you don't think trump winning the election and the rise of hate crimes that have been perpetrated aren't linked you live in a bubble. Him winning the election is completely legitimizing people to go out and perpetrate hate crimes. Even on this side of the border. His winning the election has been viewed by the extreme right as a change in political leanings of the greater population(wrongfully) and they will try and capitalize on the opportunity to have their opinions heard and perpetrate whatever they feel are legitimate actions.

2nd for you to even think that someone would fake a hate crime. You are a little white privileged Dung. Seriously. I don't have time for you anymore. You're completely disconnected with the ply of those that aren't so privileged as you. You are part of the problem.

Are you this dense and ignorant? There have been countless cases of people faking hate crimes in the last months. It shows how brainwashed you are. i didn't say this is the case here, but it's completely possible and there are a few reasons why that might be the case here, but I want explain this to you because you will just ignore it like everything else.

Theres no changing you. You are a fool and this is why talking politics is so stupid. you aren't for social justice, youre for one side and are bitter if you don't get your way.

Lastly talking about white privilege when we're talking about a white girl is so Cussing hilarious. Your statement makes no sense. The girl is white! She has white privilege just like any other white person! She's been privileged her whole life! So take that Dung elesewhere because it makes you look like a jack Donkey, which I already knew you were. But wait tell me more about how your schooling and social work makes you know it all.

If you're talking about the rabbi, I think you're mistaken. Jewish people have never been considered white in these contexts. In fact, there was a period of time when they were actually considered black. If you've ever come across the term "swarthy," it's usually used in a racist manner to describe Jewish people (it refers to a brownish skin tone). 

If you ever hear white supremacists speak or read anything they write about Jewish people, you'll see that, at least in those (extremely racist) spaces, Jewish people are considered the furthest thing from white. 

It's actually an interesting topic to look at what people mean when they say "white." Particularly when you look at the interactions with people from Eastern Russia (who may have white skin but also suffered some serious racism...for example, look at the origin of the word "slave"). There is a massive literature on the topic. 

But, to make a long story short, while many Jewish people have white skin, they've been subject to a litany of abuses by white power types. In racialized spaces, they simply aren't included in the "white" category.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

And here's this lovely one. I mean who you surround yourself with in the Oval Office  is a clear indication of what you represent

Don't try to muddy the waters with facts.  Sarcasm

Yeah, the nerve of the guy.

Still, how much is rhetoric and how much is malotrumpism? He has absolutely no filter on his mouth.

Also, I just watched that interview and Trump is talking about several things at the same time. The reporter asks if there should be a database and Trump replies: "There should be a lot of systems, beyond database ...and today you could do it" When the reporter then asks him whether Trump's WH would implement this I think Trump is still talking about "a lot of systems" and not, specifically, about a database registry. Just before that question he says "...but right now we have to have a border, we have to have strength, we have to have a wall..." He is almost still in the middle of that stream of thought when the reporter interrupts him and asks if this is something his White House would implement.

The reporter is banging on the same one drum, while Trump is talking about keep illegal aliens from entering the country. Later another reporter tries to bait him by repeatedly asking how setting up a muslim database would be different from what the Nazis did to the Jews. Trump does not deal with this one head on. Not sure why. He should have just said "I never said that" -- he did that, later, tweeting that it was the reporter who brought up the idea of the database. He should have said that right then and there. Instead he comes across like a smug jerk (saying "Why don't you tell me").

He is not a great communicator, that's for sure. But he certainly speaks like he thinks he is.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
MarkStone wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
MarkStone wrote:lmao so a Ottawa lady rabbi "wakes up to a swastika" on her door and she blames it on Trump. Who she's ripped on for months. Hmmmm
See i thought that's a perfect example. So because she ripped on trump and she's Jewish it makes it ok for someone to do this? That's exactly what wrong with this picture.
Oh wait! I thought we were all entileled to our own opinion!
Apparently not.

What does this have to do with opinions exactly? No it's not a good thing (if it's real - it may be faked), just saying it's complete lunacy to immediately think of Trump when something like this happens. News flash, this has happened every now and then forever. To blame Trump winning the election is just stupid lmao. Trump is anti-semite now? Just wow. People are just so brainwashed.

If you read the woman's facebook, you immediately see how looney she comes off as. SJWs, man.

if you honestly agree with this woman that this kind of thing in Ottawa was caused by the US election, then sorry but you're nuts .

FrNkly I'm beginning to think you live a very sheltered life. If you don't think trump winning the election and the rise of hate crimes that have been perpetrated aren't linked you live in a bubble. Him winning the election is completely legitimizing people to go out and perpetrate hate crimes. Even on this side of the border. His winning the election has been viewed by the extreme right as a change in political leanings of the greater population(wrongfully) and they will try and capitalize on the opportunity to have their opinions heard and perpetrate whatever they feel are legitimate actions.

2nd for you to even think that someone would fake a hate crime. You are a little white privileged Dung. Seriously. I don't have time for you anymore. You're completely disconnected with the ply of those that aren't so privileged as you. You are part of the problem.

Are you this dense and ignorant? There have been countless cases of people faking hate crimes in the last months. It shows how brainwashed you are. i didn't say this is the case here, but it's completely possible and there are a few reasons why that might be the case here, but I want explain this to you because you will just ignore it like everything else.

Theres no changing you. You are a fool and this is why talking politics is so stupid. you aren't for social justice, youre for one side and are bitter if you don't get your way.

Lastly talking about white privilege when we're talking about a white girl is so Cussing hilarious. Your statement makes no sense. The girl is white! She has white privilege just like any other white person! She's been privileged her whole life! So take that Dung elesewhere because it makes you look like a jack Donkey, which I already knew you were. But wait tell me more about how your schooling and social work makes you know it all.

If you're talking about the rabbi, I think you're mistaken. Jewish people have never been considered white in these contexts. In fact, there was a period of time when they were actually considered black. If you've ever come across the term "swarthy," it's usually used in a racist manner to describe Jewish people (it refers to a brownish skin tone). 

If you ever hear white supremacists speak or read anything they write about Jewish people, you'll see that, at least in those (extremely racist) spaces, Jewish people are considered the furthest thing from white. 

It's actually an interesting topic to look at what people mean when they say "white." Particularly when you look at the interactions with people from Eastern Russia (who may have white skin but also suffered some serious racism...for example, look at the origin of the word "slave"). There is a massive literature on the topic. 

But, to make a long story short, while many Jewish people have white skin, they've been subject to a litany of abuses by white power types. In racialized spaces, they simply aren't included in the "white" category.

Interestingly, the Obama Democrats have not been very friendly to Israel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum