GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

+5
PTFlea
Ev
Flo The Action
wprager
spader
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And if he was just so cool and that's not a reason to be president he wouldn't have gotten two terms.
Probably the best president America had since carter.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:Yeah. Not a fan of Hilary either. Elizabeth warren would have been my choice.

Obama gets a pass because... Obama care. Numerous opposition and forced revision to environmentally sketchy projects and invested more than any other in renewable energy, bailed out the US out of the last us recession, the Wall Street reforms (although they weren't enough), was responsible for implementing a change in the kind of food allowed to be sold in schools, allowed for numerous happy rights to be passed, also expanded the hate crimes act to further include protection, forced car manufacturers to become more fuel efficient when he provided the (profitable for the US govt) bailout package, increased protection on a number of unprotected habitats, cut military spending, restarted the stem cell research programs that bush had eliminated because pressure from the religious crazies... I guess that's all I can come up with without doing some digging.

Oh and all that under pressure of having to deal with a republican house.

but sure ev what you notice is that he's black and that's why you think he should get a pass. Very telling about who you are and how you think.

You should have left Obamacare off the list. I saw that as your lead-in item and that pretty much made me biased about the rest of the post.

I have not hear of a single positive about Obamacare from any of my US friends/family members. Well-to-do, doctors, lower-middle-class, mother of three special-needs children. Nobody says anything positive about Obamacare.

spader

All-Star
All-Star

MarkStone wrote:pretty much. Voting a woman in would be great, but not that woman.

Are you using two profiles?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Yeah. Not a fan of Hilary either. Elizabeth warren would have been my choice.

Obama gets a pass because... Obama care. Numerous opposition and forced revision to environmentally sketchy projects and invested more than any other in renewable energy, bailed out the US out of the last us recession, the Wall Street reforms (although they weren't enough), was responsible for implementing a change in the kind of food allowed to be sold in schools, allowed for numerous happy rights to be passed, also expanded the hate crimes act to further include protection, forced car manufacturers to become more fuel efficient when he provided the (profitable for the US govt) bailout package, increased protection on a number of unprotected habitats, cut military spending, restarted the stem cell research programs that bush had eliminated because pressure from the religious crazies... I guess that's all I can come up with without doing some digging.

but sure ev what you notice is that he's black and that's why you think he should get a pass. Very telling about who you are and how you think.

You should have left Obamacare off the list.  I saw that as your lead-in item and that pretty much made me biased about the rest of the post.

I have not hear of a single positive about Obamacare from any of my US friends/family members.  Well-to-do, doctors, lower-middle-class, mother of three special-needs children.  Nobody says anything positive about Obamacare.  
Well I have. Maybe it depends on which demographic you ask. I have a lot of friends that had no health care in the states. No one is saying it's perfect but it's a step in the right direction and it would have been a lot better if republicans hadn't shut down every other versions that would have been put forward before that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
MarkStone wrote:pretty much. Voting a woman in would be great, but not that woman.

Are you using two profiles?

i was too lady to log out of markstone

for some reason my Ev account works now

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:

You should have left Obamacare off the list.  I saw that as your lead-in item and that pretty much made me biased about the rest of the post.

I have not hear of a single positive about Obamacare from any of my US friends/family members.  Well-to-do, doctors, lower-middle-class, mother of three special-needs children.  Nobody says anything positive about Obamacare.  
Well I have. Maybe it depends on which demographic you ask. I have a lot of friends that had no health care in the states. No one is saying it's perfect but it's a step in the right direction and it would have been a lot better if republicans hadn't shut down every other versions that would have been put forward before that.

Maybe a step in the right direction, and then a hop or two in the wrong direction. Let's do the time warp.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
i was too lady to log out of markstone

for some reason my Ev account works now

Very ladylike, yes.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

MarkStone wrote:ObamaCare sucks. They need a system like we have. Not that phony health care.

He got a phony Nobel Prize award and people like him because he's "cool". Cool isn't necessary to run a government.

And he was absolutely voted in the first time because of race. People who have no idea about anything voted for him because of this. Don't be naive. Your comment doesn't make sense, I didn't say he should get a pass, I said he is popular amongst a lot of people because of his race and at the time because of his youth. Which is 100% true. The youths ate him up, blindly. I was there. I was 18.

don't try to tell me who I am. I am just spitting facts. He was 100% voted for in the first place because of race.

The nice thing about facts is that they're easy to support with research and (ahem) other facts. Can you support this position (that sounds a whole lot more like an opinion or a sweeping generalization than a fact, as I understand the term)? My guess is that you'll struggle to formulate an argument that supports the notion that every single person who voted for Obama did so because of the colour of his skin. 100% is a tough sell.

I'm personally of the opinion that his speeches and the fact that he's a Democrat were enough for some people, but, like you said, 100% voted based on skin colour.

Support away, young Ev! I look forward to reading your next post, filled with references and polls and the overwhelming evidence that you're sure to provide since you are, as you said, "spitting facts."

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think it is a fact that voter turnout among African Americans and other minorities was very high when Obama was elected (and when he was re-elected). Kerry carried 88 percent of black votes in 2004, but Obama carried 95% in 2008.

It is absolutely fact that race had a lot to do with why Obama was elected. Not 100%, sure, but a huge reason.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I think it is a fact that voter turnout among African Americans and other minorities was very high when Obama was elected (and when he was re-elected).  Kerry carried 88 percent of black votes in 2004, but Obama carried 95% in 2008.

It is absolutely fact that race had a lot to do with why Obama was elected. Not 100%, sure, but a huge reason.

It could also do that Obama actually was proposing what looked like real change and a hopeful future instead of what the republican had brought for the past 8 years. I don't think this mentality is going away. As much as we now have a republican trump government right now the voter turnout was ridiculously low. Americans are disillusioned with the choices that were given. I do believe that Americans would have voted for sanders over trump had he been an the democratic candidate. He also had fanatical support. He also brought hope for people. The young generation want a real chance at change. I think they liked what Obama tried to do but want even more. Something Bernie could have maybe delivered. It's the old guard that want to keep business as usual.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I think it is a fact that voter turnout among African Americans and other minorities was very high when Obama was elected (and when he was re-elected).  Kerry carried 88 percent of black votes in 2004, but Obama carried 95% in 2008.

It was the combination of "spitting facts" and "100%" that I got caught on. It's extremely reductive to suggest that race was the only factor.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

It could also do that Obama actually was proposing what looked like real change and a hopeful future instead of what the republican had brought for the past 8 years. I don't think this mentality is going away. As much as we now have a republican trump government right now the voter turnout was ridiculously low. Americans are disillusioned with the choices that were given. I do believe that Americans would have voted for sanders over trump had he been an the democratic candidate. He also had fanatical support. He also brought hope for people. The young generation want a real chance at change. I think they liked what Obama tried to do but want even more. Something Bernie could have maybe delivered. It's the old guard that want to keep business as usual.

I agree. It would be just as bad (and as incorrect) for people to say that Bush's failed administration was 100% the reason Obama got elected. Both were factors. There were lots of factors, as things like elections are complex.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Surprise surprise. Fear and race.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/us-election/the-average-trump-supporter-is-not-an-economic-loser/article32746323/

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

lmao so a Ottawa lady rabbi "wakes up to a swastika" on her door and she blames it on Trump. Who she's ripped on for months. Hmmmm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MarkStone wrote:lmao so a Ottawa lady rabbi "wakes up to a swastika" on her door and she blames it on Trump. Who she's ripped on for months. Hmmmm
See i thought that's a perfect example. So because she ripped on trump and she's Jewish it makes it ok for someone to do this? That's exactly what wrong with this picture.
Oh wait! I thought we were all entileled to our own opinion!
Apparently not.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

Flo The Action wrote:
MarkStone wrote:lmao so a Ottawa lady rabbi "wakes up to a swastika" on her door and she blames it on Trump. Who she's ripped on for months. Hmmmm
See i thought that's a perfect example. So because she ripped on trump and she's Jewish it makes it ok for someone to do this? That's exactly what wrong with this picture.
Oh wait! I thought we were all entileled to our own opinion!
Apparently not.

What does this have to do with opinions exactly? No it's not a good thing (if it's real - it may be faked), just saying it's complete lunacy to immediately think of Trump when something like this happens. News flash, this has happened every now and then forever. To blame Trump winning the election is just stupid lmao. Trump is anti-semite now? Just wow. People are just so brainwashed.

If you read the woman's facebook, you immediately see how looney she comes off as. SJWs, man.

if you honestly agree with this woman that this kind of thing in Ottawa was caused by the US election, then sorry but you're nuts .

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:

It was the combination of "spitting facts" and "100%" that I got caught on. It's extremely reductive to suggest that race was the only factor.

Have you completely forgotten NEELY? All those "fact is" and other absolute statements. Gotta take it with a grain of salt.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Can someone clue me in on what SWJ means?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum