GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump, Clinton, and Everything in Between

+5
PTFlea
Ev
Flo The Action
wprager
spader
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Too many people are arguing against Trump when they don't bother to read up on his agendas.  I'm personally for a stricter vetting of immigrants - my mother was an immigrant, but she cam into the country and assimilated and worked hard.  The same can't be said for everyone they're letting in and that's a legit problem.  Ask Denmark about that.

And the illegals in the US is already a massive problem - and did it really take Donald Trump to point it out?  Come on..

And the people who have bumper stickers saying death to Muslims are picking this time to crawl out from under their rocks because they have the IQs of peanuts and see this as an opportunity to have their idiotic views legitimized when it's absolutely not what Trump or anyone is saying.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anyway....it's too much idiocy to even bother with, let's see how he does, what choice do we have?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I personally have nothing more to debate. You either see this election of a guy that is accused of rape on a minor, multitude sexual assault charge, the segregation and or deportation of Muslims and immigrants and the repealing of happy rights (not to mention one of the shakiest economical platforms in Presidential history)a terrible move for America or if you support him I think I would think there is no reasons to debate it with you as you have little to no comprehension on social justice, white male privilege and any responsible economic back bone. You can support republicans if you want but this has crossed multiple lines. When even traditional hard line republicans denounce him and the only people proping him up are the idiots, the ignorant privileged and the crazy extremist, you know he's the fucktard. This is going to end badly and not only in the states. If he repeal or even amends nafta even we will suffer
I've said my piece. I don't care to discuss any objections as it will only prove to me you don't get it. Can't think of any political issue that in my mind has created a more divisive gap.

Did you read the article prags posted above? It's worth a read. It helped me understand how this could happen. Give it a shot.
Oh I had read it. I honk there are a lot of disanframchised people. I didn't like Hilary ever but enything was better than this Buffon. If anything Bernie might have provided a better chance to win. That country is split but they just invested in the wrong guy. No experience, failure to understand politics and economics.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I personally have nothing more to debate. You either see this election of a guy that is accused of rape on a minor, multitude sexual assault charge, the segregation and or deportation of Muslims and immigrants and the repealing of happy rights (not to mention one of the shakiest economical platforms in Presidential history)a terrible move for America or if you support him I think I would think there is no reasons to debate it with you as you have little to no comprehension on social justice, white male privilege and any responsible economic back bone. You can support republicans if you want but this has crossed multiple lines. When even traditional hard line republicans denounce him and the only people proping him up are the idiots, the ignorant privileged and the crazy extremist, you know he's the fucktard. This is going to end badly and not only in the states. If he repeal or even amends nafta even we will suffer
I've said my piece. I don't care to discuss any objections as it will only prove to me you don't get it. Can't think of any political issue that in my mind has created a more divisive gap.

Did you read the article prags posted above? It's worth a read. It helped me understand how this could happen. Give it a shot.
Oh I had read it. I honk there are a lot of disanframchised people. I didn't like Hilary ever but enything was better than this Buffon. If anything Bernie might have provided a better chance to win. That country is split but they just invested in the wrong guy. No experience, failure to understand politics and economics.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:You act like these things never happened before ever in America. News flash, this would happen under any president. If you think trump condones stuff like that, you're brainwashed by the media and hippies who tweet about crap like that.

You also have poor facts. He doesn't want to get rid of immigrants. It's illegals he wants to get rid of, which is 100% correct. He also wants to build inner cities to make poor people and minority lives better. Wow he's literally hitler. Who gives a duck about the black lives matter group as they were complete challenged from the get go. They don't actually care about improving black lives, they simply hate on other groups. Hmm kinda what people say trump does.  

Your stance of "I'm right, you're wrong and don't get it" is unbelievably ignorant. Get off your high horse, you're a 40 year old Canadian, you're not an expert on American politics. To suggest that everyone who voted for him is a an idiot, uneducated, bigot, etc is completely unfair and insulting.

I didn't care who won, I'm not affected by this in any way. I'm just sick of seeing Canadians and other people on their high horse trying to act like they know everytning about the election and acting like their Dung don't stink. people need to get a grip if they think trump as president will be any different than the last president and the one before that.
And another thing. I'm majoring in international business, I'm almost done actually. What do you think half my classes are on? International economics. What do you think we mostly focus on? Of course I have an understanding of American economics! diddles sake.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Too many people are arguing against Trump when they don't bother to read up on his agendas.  I'm personally for a stricter vetting of immigrants - my mother was an immigrant, but she cam into the country and assimilated and worked hard.  The same can't be said for everyone they're letting in and that's a legit problem.  Ask Denmark about that.

And the illegals in the US is already a massive problem - and did it really take Donald Trump to point it out?  Come on..

And the people who have bumper stickers saying death to Muslims are picking this time to crawl out from under their rocks because they have the IQs of peanuts and see this as an opportunity to have their idiotic views legitimized when it's absolutely not what Trump or anyone is saying.
Immigration is necessary if you're planning on being able to retire one day. Face it, people in Canada aren't even meeting the replenishing rate. You'll end up with an aging population with crumbling infrastructure to support it put on a young one that isn't big enough to support it.

And you want to curb immigration because of a few bad apples? There might be a few but I'll tell you what, their kids will be more inclined to follow traditional liberal values.
Im all for immigration. Sure you have to be careful in your screening but I don't see that as a problem. Of course if the west wasn't constantly out there trying to police the world and behave like an imperialistic leader we wouldn't be in the problems we are today. But yeah, lets leave that off the agenda.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Anyway....it's too much idiocy to even bother with, let's see how he does, what choice do we have?
Take a stand. That's the choice we have. Make yourself heard. And let our prime minister know we want him to bring these problems up with every chance he will have to deal with this idiot.

I remember a time when under the last liberal leadership where we couldn't meet with China without bringing up their shady human rights record.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Too many people are arguing against Trump when they don't bother to read up on his agendas.  I'm personally for a stricter vetting of immigrants - my mother was an immigrant, but she cam into the country and assimilated and worked hard.  The same can't be said for everyone they're letting in and that's a legit problem.  Ask Denmark about that.

Immigration is necessary if you're planning on being able to retire one day. Face it, people in Canada aren't even meeting the replenishing rate. You'll end up with an aging population with crumbling infrastructure to support it put on a young one that isn't big enough to support it.

And you want to curb immigration because of a few bad apples? There might be a few but I'll tell you what, their kids will be more inclined to follow traditional liberal values.
Im all for immigration. Sure you have to be careful in your screening but I don't see that as a problem. Of course if the west wasn't constantly out there trying to police the world and behave like an imperialistic leader we wouldn't be in the problems we are today. But yeah, lets leave that off the agenda.
I actually think there should be very careful vetting procedures.  I'm not against immigration,  I'm against lazy immigrants who suck the teet of the system and criminals who come here to suck the teet and join criminal activities.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I actually think there should be very careful vetting procedures.  I'm not against immigration,  I'm against lazy immigrants who suck the teet of the system and criminals who come here to suck the teet and join criminal activities.
You think that's even a large minority?
I live in Montreal, take a walk down east. See entire generations of white people that have sucked off the system as you say and are the front row for recruiting for the hells angels and other thugs.

There's gonna be crime everywhere and people not pulling their weight. But I'll tell you this, I think he large majority of immigrants come here hoping for a better life.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

The one thing I think we should be more careful is ideology. If you sign up to be a Canadian it should be because you agree to the values that Canadian society aspires. Equal Human rights for all. No matter the gender, religion or sexual orientation they might have. That also means reproductive rights. When you become Canadian that should be a contract you sign. Failure to follow that contract should form a contract cancelation. I want a progressive society, but to me that means a multicultural society.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

The argument of 'this was happening even before trump' is the most idiotic argument I keep hearing...racism is everywhere, even in Canada. Yes you can't compare the levels, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You now have a world leader, endorsed by the KKK, and all the racist/bigot/xenophobic Americans are rejoicing because they feel it's acceptable to attack the minorities. This is already happening and increasing around America.

Ask me, I live here now and even though I"m in California (thank god), there's still a black cloud everyone feels over here generally and anticipating more hate crimes. Forget Trump's policies and all that stuff, Flo's absolutely correct when he says that America's true underbelly is shown. Take a look at county votes for republican vs democrats and you will see even from Obama's elections it was mostly all red across the country. Big metropolitan areas with educated ppl think logically, small towns and counties think like bigots, and they're starting to infiltrate and teach kids it's ok to tell any colored person to go back to his country (i am a person of color).

So Ev, how about you get off YOUR high horse and take your own advise by shutting up?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:You act like these things never happened before ever in America. News flash, this would happen under any president. If you think trump condones stuff like that, you're brainwashed by the media and hippies who tweet about crap like that.

You also have poor facts. He doesn't want to get rid of immigrants. It's illegals he wants to get rid of, which is 100% correct. He also wants to build inner cities to make poor people and minority lives better. Wow he's literally hitler. Who gives a duck about the black lives matter group as they were complete challenged from the get go. They don't actually care about improving black lives, they simply hate on other groups. Hmm kinda what people say trump does.  

Your stance of "I'm right, you're wrong and don't get it" is unbelievably ignorant. Get off your high horse, you're a 40 year old Canadian, you're not an expert on American politics. To suggest that everyone who voted for him is a an idiot, uneducated, bigot, etc is completely unfair and insulting.

I didn't care who won, I'm not affected by this in any way. I'm just sick of seeing Canadians and other people on their high horse trying to act like they know everytning about the election and acting like their Dung don't stink. people need to get a grip if they think trump as president will be any different than the last president and the one before that.
And another thing. I'm majoring in international business, I'm almost done actually. What do you think half my classes are on? International economics. What do you think we mostly focus on? Of course I have an understanding of American economics! diddles sake.

Lol typical person who thinks they know everything because they studied it in school. Guess what, I completed a business degree myself. I'm not claiming to be an expert.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoff-Machine wrote:The argument of 'this was happening even before trump' is the most idiotic argument I keep hearing...racism is everywhere, even in Canada.  Yes you can't compare the levels, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  You now have a world leader, endorsed by the KKK, and all the racist/bigot/xenophobic Americans are rejoicing because they feel it's acceptable to attack the minorities.  This is already happening and increasing around America.  

Ask me, I live here now and even though I"m in California (thank god), there's still a black cloud everyone feels over here generally and anticipating more hate crimes.  Forget Trump's policies and all that stuff, Flo's absolutely correct when he says that America's true underbelly is shown.  Take a look at county votes for republican vs democrats and you will see even from Obama's elections it was mostly all red across the country.  Big metropolitan areas with educated ppl think logically, small towns and counties think like bigots, and they're starting to infiltrate and teach kids it's ok to tell any colored person to go back to his country (i am a person of color).

So Ev, how about you get off YOUR high horse and take your own advise by shutting up?

I'm not on a high horse. At all. That's the big difference. I'm asking people to give somebody a chance and stop being salty that their preferred candidate lost. im asking people tos top overreacting and stop oversensationalizjng everything about trump and his party. I know that at the end of four years, nothing greatly positive or negative will have happened. For the common person, it makes zero difference who is in charge of the government. It was the same here for people who complained about Harper.

Immigrants also doesn't mean people of colour. It can be anybody. I think it's very fair to not want ant illegal immigrants in your country and I think it's fair to at least monitor people coming to your country from terrorist controllled areas.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm not going to post anything further after my next post ecause I have zero interst in debating politics. But I agree with Ryan Dzingel. Settle down, as he said.

Last edited by Ev on Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Anyway....it's too much idiocy to even bother with, let's see how he does, what choice do we have?
Take a stand. That's the choice we have. Make yourself heard. And let our prime minister know we want him to bring these problems up with every chance he will have to deal with this idiot.

I remember a time when under the last liberal leadership where we couldn't meet with China without bringing up their shady human rights record.

Trudeau doesn't have time to even meet with trump. He'll be too busy taking selfie and walking in pride parades

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:The argument of 'this was happening even before trump' is the most idiotic argument I keep hearing...racism is everywhere, even in Canada.  Yes you can't compare the levels, but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  You now have a world leader, endorsed by the KKK, and all the racist/bigot/xenophobic Americans are rejoicing because they feel it's acceptable to attack the minorities.  This is already happening and increasing around America.  

Ask me, I live here now and even though I"m in California (thank god), there's still a black cloud everyone feels over here generally and anticipating more hate crimes.  Forget Trump's policies and all that stuff, Flo's absolutely correct when he says that America's true underbelly is shown.  Take a look at county votes for republican vs democrats and you will see even from Obama's elections it was mostly all red across the country.  Big metropolitan areas with educated ppl think logically, small towns and counties think like bigots, and they're starting to infiltrate and teach kids it's ok to tell any colored person to go back to his country (i am a person of color).

I'm not on a high horse. At all. That's the big difference. I'm asking people to give somebody a chance and stop being salty that their preferred candidate lost. im asking people tos top overreacting and stop oversensationalizjng everything about trump and his party. I know that at the end of four years, nothing greatly positive or negative will have happened. For the common person, it makes zero difference who is in charge of the government. It was the same here for people who complained about Harper.

Immigrants also doesn't mean people of colour. It can be anybody. I think it's very fair to not want ant illegal immigrants in your country and I think it's fair to at least monitor people coming to your country from terrorist controllled areas.

I agree, I think the doom and gloom of people thinking the country will be in shambles is a reach. I think even the muslim ban will never come to fruition. We have to remember that even the republican senate is not 100% behind Trump. Just because he wants to pass some laws doesn't mean it will work. Republicans big agenda is Obama care, and that's the only major change that will take place within the 4 years IMO. By then either Trump will be out or will get knocked out in the next election.

And yes to the educated ppl like you and I, immigrants he refers to are the illegals and yes something should be done about that. However, to Flo's point, the near majority of this country has been proven to be uneducated and extremely short sighted and those are the folks that are going to start hate crimes. They will look at muslims, or any person of color and attack them. This is the point ppl aren't getting. Now it's ok for these morons to come out and display their hate because they think trump condones it too. This country went from being on the path of progression to retrograde. I think that's the most disheartening. That's why ppl are up in arms and reacting the way they are. As much as we may want to give him a chance, you can't possibly accept his methods to appeal to lowest common denominator to get to the top. Might as well start applying for jobs without having any relevant experience....let's see how the stock of a major company reacts to hiring a completely unqualified CEO.

Democrats f'd up with Hillary Clinton as their rep. What concerns me also is his views on guns and climate change.

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Trudeau doesn't have time to even meet with trump. He'll be too busy taking selfie and walking in pride parades

Now that we can agree on Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Lol typical person who thinks they know everything because they studied it in school. Guess what, I completed a business degree myself. I'm not claiming to be an expert.
big difference. my degree had 4 classes in poli-sci touching on international politics. i had one religion class touching on globalization and its impact on religion, i had 5 classes that were economics classes. i know what a typical business degree looks like and they don't shape tthem the way i shaped mine. also, the regular biz degree 90 credits. mine 120. so yeah. i did learn a lot more than the average degree. and btw, i have 20 years before going back to school where i have devoted a large portion of my life to social justice and environmental issues and the policies that drive it. so excuse me if i think i have a good idea of what i'm talking about.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

big difference. my degree had 4 classes in poli-sci touching on international politics. i had one religion class touching on globalization and its impact on religion, i had 5 classes that were economics classes. i know what a typical business degree looks like and they don't shape tthem the way i shaped mine. also, the regular biz degree 90 credits. mine 120. so yeah. i did learn a lot more than the average degree. and btw, i have 20 years before going back to school where i have devoted a large portion of my life to social justice and environmental issues and the policies that drive it. so excuse me if i think i have a good idea of what i'm talking about.  

Oh so you're an SJW? That explains it.

As somebody who has earned a degree, you really don't learn much of anything tangible from the degree. It's your real world work experience that matters most. Unless you directly worked in politics or economics, etc. I don't think you know a lot more than the average person. So you'd have to explain what twenty years devoted to social justice and environmental issues means.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum