GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Hoags
spader
SensHulk
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
Ev
PTFlea
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So I missed this earlier but apperently Dorion is taking time this weekend to look at possible trades or what comes up on the waiver wire.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/10/09/who-will-take-the-concussed-macarthurs-spot-on-senators

Obviously I don't see us getting an impactful LW via trade as most GMs rather see their teams play some games before making that kind of discussions but might be something a bit more interesting via the wire.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Do the sens take a stab at pulkkinen and piss off Detroit? That in itself could be delishious. He plays left and right.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:So I missed this earlier but apperently Dorion is taking time this weekend to look at possible trades or what comes up on the waiver wire.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2016/10/09/who-will-take-the-concussed-macarthurs-spot-on-senators

Obviously I don't see us getting an impactful LW via trade as most GMs rather see their teams play some games before making that kind of discussions but might be something a bit more interesting via the wire.

I hate to beat this to death, but isn't Parenteau the perfect player to help out - at least in the short term?

- offense? Check. 20 goals last year.
- possession player - check, his possession stats are strong
- cheap? Check. 1.25 million dollars and his contract ends this year.

I dunno, I don't see a better fit personally. He might not make it to us, but if he does...problem solved IMO.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So I missed this earlier but apperently Dorion is taking time this weekend to look at possible trades or what comes up on the waiver wire.

I hate to beat this to death, but isn't Parenteau the perfect player to help out - at least in the short term?

- offense?  Check.  20 goals last year.
- cheap?  Check.  1.25 million dollars and his contract ends this year.

I dunno, I don't see a better fit personally.  He might not make it to us, but if he does...problem solved IMO.

I think the bigger question is WHY was he waived? Guy's career may be going downhill fast

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoff-Machine wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I dunno, I don't see a better fit personally.  He might not make it to us, but if he does...problem solved IMO.

I think the bigger question is WHY was he waived?  Guy's career may be going downhill fast

I thought the same, there must be something.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I think the bigger question is WHY was he waived?  Guy's career may be going downhill fast

You say he's not very fast. Could he actually fit in to boucher's system?
Or even not look like a third wheel? I'm not against trying him out especially that if we don't keep him he gets waived back to the isles farm team.

But what about pulkkinen? He had I think31 and 34 goals in the AHL two three seasons ago and last year had 6 goals in 36 games with detroit.

Those aren't bad numbers. He plays both sides. Could have him start on the RW with pageau and if he produces bump him up to the LW. He's still young. I'd rather have a go at him. He might even get picked up before we get a chance.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Hoff-Machine wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

You say he's not very fast. Could he actually fit in to boucher's system?
Or even not look like a third wheel? I'm not against trying him out especially that if we don't keep him he gets waived back to the isles farm team.

But what about pulkkinen? He had I think31 and  34 goals in the AHL two three seasons ago and last year had 6 goals in 36 games with detroit.

Those aren't bad numbers. He plays both sides. Could have him start on the RW with pageau and if he produces bump him up to the LW. He's still young. I'd rather have a go at him. He might even get picked up before we get a chance.

I know very little about Pulk, but he sounds a lot like Puempel to me. I don't know about Parenteau fitting in with Boucher's system, but we'll need an infusion of offense somewhere along the line I would guess.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To paraphrase the Detroit coach, Pulikkinen is small and slow.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ottawa probably won't claim anyone, and just hope Varone/etc can fill gaps. There were plenty of decent options in waivers, hopefully inaction isn't a mistake.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Ottawa probably won't claim anyone, and just hope Varone/etc can fill gaps. There were plenty of decent options in waivers, hopefully inaction isn't a mistake.

Parenteau makes all the sense in the world. Expiring contract, $1.25M, possession guy, 20 goal scorer, LW. I am not sure how it works but with MacArthur on the LTIR does the team pick up his salary? Does the PA? Insurance? Either way, there is definitely a fit in the lineup and if it doesn't work out you trade him for a pick at the deadline.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Parenteau is also from Hull...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Are there rules about putting a guy you just picked up via waivers back on waivers?

I realize Parenteau makes some sense, but that's also an extra $1.25M in salary. W

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Are there rules about putting a guy you just picked up via waivers back on waivers?

I realize Parenteau makes some sense, but that's also an extra $1.25M in salary.  W

That's why I was asking about MacArthur and who pays his salary right now. Also, if the Sens were to make the playoffs, $1M in profits is pretty easy to come by..

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Assuming MacArthur's contract is insured, then Eugene doesn't have to pay it. I'm not sure if anyone determined if the contract is insured or not though.

MarkStone

MarkStone
Rookie
Rookie

non issue because he will be playing again

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lazar has been assigned to Bingo.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Lazar has been assigned to Bingo.

For conditioning or until further notice?

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Lazar has been assigned to Bingo.

For conditioning or until further notice?

Dorion said it's the fastest way to get him prepped for NHL action. So while it's not officially "for conditioning" it is for conditioning.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum