GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deadline moves.

+12
SensHulk
TheAvatar
DefenceWinsChampionships
dennycrane
spader
tim1_2
Ev
wprager
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Oglethorpe
Flo The Action
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 40]

46Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:30 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:See IMO it's one thing to step into a 2nd line center role and it's another to maintain it over an 82 role schedule.plus you say pageau is our second line center now but look at the TOI and he's clearly not. Zibs line is still our second line. Also let's remember that there is another line being centred by Zib in the whole team equation. If you take that guy out of the equation it's one less threat the opposition has to worry about. It's not just one guy. Zib might not be playing up to potential but the team doesn't look the same if we just substracting him.

I'm highly sceptical of pageau as a 2nd line C.

That's why I said they should look at adding a C in a separate deal although it's not a huge rush with Pageau doing the job for now. Also, White, who hasn't played a single pro game, appears to be a sure thing to take that spot next season, according to some of our experts here.

47Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:04 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:
Ev wrote:White isn't playing ahl. Doesn't need it.
I don't know how you find the time to post in between Scouting NCAA games.  

Going from a college schedule to a pro schedule is brutal.   I would prefer he spends some time in the A but Sens management will likely rush him like usual.  

I have seen his games actually

Players as good as him don't need it. He's producing at the same rate as guys like toews, Schwartz, Oshie, Larkin, etc, in their post draft year. Most of his comparables did not need much AHL time at all. NCAA prepares you for NHL hockey way more than junior.

Playing him in the NHL is not rushing him. Make no mistake.

48Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:05 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:See IMO it's one thing to step into a 2nd line center role and it's another to maintain it over an 82 role schedule.plus you say pageau is our second line center now but look at the TOI and he's clearly not. Zibs line is still our second line. Also let's remember that there is another line being centred by Zib in the whole team equation. If you take that guy out of the equation it's one less threat the opposition has to worry about. It's not just one guy. Zib might not be playing up to potential but the team doesn't look the same if we just substracting him.

That's why I said they should look at adding a C in a separate deal although it's not a huge rush with Pageau doing the job for now. Also, White, who hasn't played a single pro game, appears to be a sure thing to take that spot next season, according to some of our experts here.

When you know you have a great prospect and know the player well then yeah I can call him a sure thing

49Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:20 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pierrre said he'd be *shocked* if White is not in the NHL next season. Say what you want about him, but he knows very team's prospects very well and, while he *is* a name-dropper, the reason he can drop those names is because he *is* connected up the ying-yang. In other words the "grain of salt" can be a very small one.

50Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:23 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

When you know you have a great prospect and know the player well then yeah I can call him a sure thing

This is all very exciting.

51Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:11 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Leafs are having a great time right now...Shanahan is in his GLORY!

Leafs acquire Raffi Torres, 2017 & 2018 2nd-rd picks from Sharks for Roman Polak, Nick Spaling

52Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Again, Doug Wilson is a fool

53Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Your move, murry.

54Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:53 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

make it happn

55Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kovalchuk sent packing by management. He's the Captain on the team and they just lost game 1 of the first round of the playoffs 3-2 in OT. Kovalchuk played over 24 minutes and was a -2.

Hmm, so if someone tried to sign him he'd have to pass waivers, right? Who's at the bottom of the waiver wire list? Gotta be Leafs or Oilers, right? Would it make sense for one of them to sign him and then flip for a pick?

56Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:54 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why would the Devils vote yes? I'd tell him to get Cussed

57Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:09 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Actually he's not eligible until April 2018:

http://nypost.com/2013/07/13/mull-and-void-ilya-can-return-in-18/

Ilya Kovalchuk will be removed from the “voluntary retired list” upon reaching his 35th birthday on April 15, 2018, and thereby would become an unrestricted free agent if the winger were to pursue a return to the NHL for the 2018-19 season.

This is according to Bylaw 8.5 (c) and confirmed by deputy commissioner Bill Daly in a series of emails with The Post yesterday in which the NHL clarified Kovalchuk’s status after the Devils voided the remaining 12 years of his contract on Wednesday so he could continue his hockey career in the KHL.

58Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:37 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Erik Condra available per Garrioch. No shock that a healthy scratch on a 3-year deal is on the block.

59Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:58 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Also, if you're wondering how significant it is for Ev to call something a sure thing, just ask Briere. Nod

60Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:01 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:The hype around White is very Lazar-ish. Very troubling.

Here's hoping that at this time next year (or whenever he becomes a regular) we're talking about White's actual production, rather than 'intangibles' and 'leadership qualities.'

Y'know?

61Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:12 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dreger and Button just said on "Leafs Lunch" that they don't think Drouin will be moved by the deadline.

Sounds like Ladd will be moved by next Monday, and that could be the first domino to fall in a long line of trades.

62Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh i Thought Condra was a stud?

63Deadline moves. - Page 4 Empty Re: Deadline moves. Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can't believe I didn't create a trade deadline BONANZA thread. Facepalm