GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
DirtyDave
LeCaptain
dennycrane
Oglethorpe
TheAvatar
spader
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
Ev
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Chabot isn't making the team next year. No way. Way too young.

Lazar made the team. Why not Chabot? Throw White and Chlapstik in there too!

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Ev wrote:Post-all star Lazar is gonna be LIT. Who wants to bet me over/under 0.6 PPG the rest of the way? I take over.

I hate that you're so young.  I wish I could still be 24 and stupid.

Kidding (except about being younger) but 0.5PPG would be a great achievement in itself, there's no way he's going over that.  

0.6 ppg would mean scoring 19 points the rest of the way to finish with 30 points in 77 games. Don't think that's too unreasonable as I had him pegged for 30.

Well then, I'll take the under. What are the stakes?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Chabot isn't making the team next year. No way. Way too young.

D-men take slightly longer to get there. His offencive ability look there but I would rather have him focus on developing the defensive aspects of his game for at least another year. I imagine you are being sarcastic when I compare your comments to how you felt we rushed Ceci ?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

http://the6thsens.com/2016-articles/source-to-ottawa-citizen-dcdls-want-to-buy-the-team.html

Interesting article that talks about the info that surfaced in the citizen that the competing faction for the Lebreton flats is actually interested in buying the sens.
Now this makes a whole lot more sense. Now I'm not sure I'd be very excited by an ownership group that includes guy laliberté would own the sens but deep pockets does get my attention.
I could understand Melnyk trying to drum up as a high a sell price. Can Melnyk really bank an offer for a venture as big as Lebreton or is this just part of the ploy to sell as high as possible on the sens?

Melnyk did a lot of good for the sens but his finance aren't what they used to be and if he can't put a competitive team on the ice because of the budget then we have to hope there can come an alternative.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:http://the6thsens.com/2016-articles/source-to-ottawa-citizen-dcdls-want-to-buy-the-team.html

Interesting article that talks about the info that surfaced in the citizen that the competing faction for the Lebreton flats is actually interested in buying the sens.
Now this makes a whole lot more sense. Now I'm not sure I'd be very excited by an ownership group that includes guy laliberté would own the sens but deep pockets does get my attention.
I could understand Melnyk trying to drum up as a high a sell price. Can Melnyk really bank an offer for a venture as big as Lebreton or is this just part of the ploy to sell as high as possible on the sens?

Melnyk did a lot of good for the sens but his finance aren't what they used to be and if he can't put a competitive team on the ice because of the budget then we have to hope there can come an alternative.

Last thing we need is to waste Karlsson's prime years because of a cheap owner. Unfortunately it doesn't sound like the buds will be chosen until sometime next year meaning we have at least one more year of cheap hockey ahead of us.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

D-men take slightly longer to get there. His offencive ability look there but I would rather have him focus on developing the defensive aspects of his game for at least another year. I imagine you are being sarcastic when I compare your comments to how you felt we rushed Ceci ?

You don't think playing Chabot with Methot would insulate him?

Either way I think we are so close to being a great team. A few holes and tons of cap space to address them. I hope Melnyk bites the bullet and allows Murray to spend this offseason. A #2 d-man, a top-six forward, and getting some hungry players into the lineup is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:
Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Ev wrote:Post-all star Lazar is gonna be LIT. Who wants to bet me over/under 0.6 PPG the rest of the way? I take over.

Kidding (except about being younger) but 0.5PPG would be a great achievement in itself, there's no way he's going over that.  

0.6 ppg would mean scoring 19 points the rest of the way to finish with 30 points in 77 games. Don't think that's too unreasonable as I had him pegged for 30.

Well then, I'll take the under.  What are the stakes?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm gonna have a hard time watching 13 games this month without a move made on defence. Forwards...I can handle what we have up there, but watching this team flop around on D is enough to turn me off for the first time in 25 years or whatever it is.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:
Ev wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Well then, I'll take the under.  What are the stakes?

Nah no money, I'm in the states plus the CDN dollar is tanking like the oilers.

Avatar it is. We shall revisit by the end of game 82. Fwiw, I'm rooting for you

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:I'm gonna have a hard time watching 13 games this month without a move made on defence.  Forwards...I can handle what we have up there, but watching this team flop around on D is enough to turn me off for the first time in 25 years or whatever it is.

All it takes is a Shattenkirk to get you back on board, eh?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:I'm gonna have a hard time watching 13 games this month without a move made on defence.  Forwards...I can handle what we have up there, but watching this team flop around on D is enough to turn me off for the first time in 25 years or whatever it is.
Sadly, half the game I watch I end up losing interest and find something to do at the same time. It's just painful to watch on some nights. Even more painful is that Murray hasn't found a solution. I don't think it's outside of his capacity to fix the problem. Unless it's Melnyk handcuffing this team (which it does sound like most of the time when we hear all trades must include greening or money coming out). One way or another, management/ ownership is Cussing this team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

All it takes is a Shattenkirk to get you back on board, eh?

It would. Actually, I'll take anyone on D who doesn't suck and has some NHL experience.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
Sadly, half the game I watch I end up losing interest and find something to do at the same time. It's just painful to watch on some nights. Even more painful is that Murray hasn't found a solution. I don't think it's outside of his capacity to fix the problem. Unless it's Melnyk handcuffing this team (which it does sound like most of the time when we hear all trades must include greening or money coming out). One way or another, management/ ownership is Cussing this team.

That, and there are very few players worth a damn available for trade, not that I'm making excuses for them.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

That, and there are very few players worth a damn available for trade, not that I'm making excuses for them.

I think the problem is a combination of Murray and Melnyk. Melnyk is obviously concerned with the bottom line which hamstrings us a bit, and then Murray has consistently over-valued our own prospects/players to the point where they end up losing all value before we're done with them (see: Cowen, Greening, etc). I get that we need patience to allow time for our young core to develop, but at the same time, I don't see too many new faces coming down the pipe outside of White and Chabot that might significantly impact the roster.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I am not sure I agree with that.

I can see Ottawa bringing in Fedor Tyutin close to or at the deadline. Under control for 2 more years, cap hit of $4.5M but making $4.5M this year and $4M the year after. Left handed shot. Could see a Cowen + prospect/pick for Tyutin trade. Makes sense for both teams. I did read a while back that Rychel wanted out too but that may no longer be a thing.

I'd imagine Neil would also be a valuable add come the deadline. He adds toughness which is always needed in the playoffs, especially in the West. I'd imagine Chicago and LA would have interest and I think you could get a 2nd rd pick for him. Yes he's a 4th line plug but his value in the playoffs is surely worth a 2nd to Ottawa.

Wiercioch is available as a 5th-6th defenceman as well. St Louis may have interest depending on if they move Shattenkirk or not for offensive help. St Louis also has a bonus overage and a lot of UFA's which puts Cowen into play here too.

There is always that off chance a bigger trade happens too so I think we have a few things to look forward to this deadline

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I am not sure I agree with that.

I can see Ottawa bringing in Fedor Tyutin close to or at the deadline. Under control for 2 more years, cap hit of $4.5M but making $4.5M this year and $4M the year after. Left handed shot. Could see a Cowen + prospect/pick for Tyutin trade. Makes sense for both teams. I did read a while back that Rychel wanted out too but that may no longer be a thing.

I'd imagine Neil would also be a valuable add come the deadline. He adds toughness which is always needed in the playoffs, especially in the West. I'd imagine Chicago and LA would have interest and I think you could get a 2nd rd pick for him. Yes he's a 4th line plug but his value in the playoffs is surely worth a 2nd to Ottawa.

Wiercioch is available as a 5th-6th defenceman as well. St Louis may have interest depending on if they move Shattenkirk or not for offensive help. St Louis also has a bonus overage and a lot of UFA's which puts Cowen into play here too.

There is always that off chance a bigger trade happens too so I think we have a few things to look forward to this deadline
I don't watch enough Columbus games to really know but he plays bottom pairing down there. And that on a team that is starved for D. Is he effective enough to play top 4 anymore? I have my doubts.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I have my doubts about Tyutin too.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MacArthur skating in full gear with Turris, with the lights on full. Both are skating before the full team, though. The lights being full on is significant (first time, I think).

Team also moved up the practice a half hour to 11:30. I guess they've got a few things to go over.

EDIT: Turris didn't stay on for the full practice but MacArthur is still on the ice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum