GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #42: Bruins @ Senators - 7:00 pm - Saturday, Jan 9 2016

+5
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
PTFlea
tim1_2
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

GAME DAY #42: Bruins @ Senators - 7:00 pm - Saturday, Jan 9 2016

GAME DAY #42: Bruins @ Senators - 7:00 pm - Saturday, Jan 9 2016 Large GAME DAY #42: Bruins @ Senators - 7:00 pm - Saturday, Jan 9 2016 At-24-000000 GAME DAY #42: Bruins @ Senators - 7:00 pm - Saturday, Jan 9 2016 Large

(The return of the Rat)
GAME DAY #42: Bruins @ Senators - 7:00 pm - Saturday, Jan 9 2016 Rat_ma10

At the half way point the Sens find themselves in a better place than last year.  Although the recent rash of injuries (on top of the existing long-term injuries to MacArthur and Michalek) have dropped Ottawa out of a playoff spot, they remain just a single point back of the New Jersey Devils, who hold the second wild card spot.  Additionally the Sens have a game in hand.  Of course other teams are also in the hunt, such as last year's Division leading Lightning (tied with the Sens, ahead on ROWs), Penguins (1 point back of the Sens but with a game in hand).  Other teams aren't that far behind, either, like the Flyers, 3 points back of the Sens but with 2 games in hand.  The only two teams truly out of it are the Sabres and Blue Jackets, as even the Leafs, with their recent improved play, are just 5 points back with 2 games in hand.

Looking at the schedule, the Sens have 21 of their remaining 41 games against teams below them in the standings.  They have that same number of home games, so the schedule looks pretty balanced between the first and second halves.  If the Sens can stay healthier in the second half they should be able to gain some consistency which would allow them to have a better second half than first.  A playoff spot is certainly within their reach, especially now that the team is finally getting healthy, again.  Milan Michalek returned after missing 15 games and scored a goal; MacArthur skated for the first time in forever but this was just a light skate with no equipment.  There is still no schedule for his return, but at least there is finally some tangible progress being made.  Ceci was also back in the lineup as Cowen remained in the pressbox.  I wonder, though, if will stay up there after Claesson's less-than-stellar game.  My ideal back-end would be Karlsson-Wiercioch, Ceci-Methot, Claesson/Boro-Wideman but, of course, that's not going to happen.

Once again, tonight the Sens face a team that played (and traveled) the night before, as the Bruins came to Ottawa after a regulation win over the Devils.  The Sens and Bruins split their first two games of the season in a home-and-home series after the Christmas break.  The Bruins' win was a more convincing 7-3, thanks to 4 power play goals (Bruins went 4 for 7) and a hat trick by Jimmy Hayes (the last goal coming in the last second of the game).  Despite the lopsided score, the game really could have swung either way.  The first Bruins goal came on a very lucky bounce on a nothing shoot-in and 4 of their goals came on the powerplay. Five-on-five the teams were even at 3s, including the flukey bounce goal.  And then there is the non-call on Marchand's submarine hit that should have been at least a minor and likely more (who knows if another PP would have helped, though, as the Sens were 0 for 4).

If the Sens win, they'll take over the last wildcard spot, but it may not last for long, as Tampa is playing in Vancouver in the late game (Lightning are tied with the Sens in points but are ahead on ROWs).  

GO SENS GO!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cowen, Chiasson, and Wideman to be scratched, so I guess the lines will be the same as last game which makes sense.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Cowen, Chiasson, and Wideman to be scratched, so I guess the lines will be the same as last game which makes sense.

So we still have Boro on his wrong side on PK unit 1. Last time that resulted in 4 PP goals for the Bruins. Mind you, he was paired up with Cowen back then, I think.

Wonder if we'll see Marchand get what's coming to him.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cowen and chiasson scratched is majestic. It's about time. And second game in a row too!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cameron said there will be no retaliation against Marchand. The game is too important to take a dumb penalty. That said, if it gets out of hand one way or another, I hope someone decapitates him.

Oh, and I wouldn't be totally surprised to just see him and BoroCop fight.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

GAME DAY #42: Bruins @ Senators - 7:00 pm - Saturday, Jan 9 2016 LgEWRbT

Brad Marchand

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Cowen and chiasson scratched is majestic.  It's about time.  And second game in a row too!

As I already stated both of those guys have likely played their last game for Ottawa. No surprise here.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:GAME DAY #42: Bruins @ Senators - 7:00 pm - Saturday, Jan 9 2016 LgEWRbT

Brad Marchand

Those Black Friday shoppers I tell ya.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:GAME DAY #42: Bruins @ Senators - 7:00 pm - Saturday, Jan 9 2016 LgEWRbT

Brad Marchand

Bahaha. What is that creature?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Cowen and chiasson scratched is majestic.  It's about time.  And second game in a row too!

As I already stated both of those guys have likely played their last game for Ottawa. No surprise here.

What in the world would we get back for these two pieces or Dung?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Probably a veteran RW is my guess.

stay tuned

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

stay tuned

Will he suck like a vacuum or be serviceable in your tarot cards?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

stay tuned

Will he suck like a vacuum or be serviceable in your tarot cards?

Better than Chiasson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Cameron said there will be no retaliation against Marchand. The game is too important to take a dumb penalty. That said, if it gets out of hand one way or another, I hope someone decapitates him.

Oh, and I wouldn't be totally surprised to just see him and BoroCop fight.

Who says you have to take a penalty? Marchand didn't take one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Right now I'd settle for Brandon Prust and $5,000.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum