GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY #24: Flyers @ Sens - 7:30pm - Tuesday Dec. 1 2015

+5
PTFlea
tim1_2
spader
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Greening in next? Maybe Wiercioch as well? But who comes out?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Terrible game. Zibanejad out, I hope he puts Pageau with stone

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michalek is out long term too with a hand injury. I'm not sure if there was an update on ZBad.

Gudas will be suspended.

Yeah, not a great game by any stretch. Gotta wake the Diddle up with the Blackhawks up next.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was at the game. Not a terrible game by any stretch. Sens were much better in the 1st and 3rd.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Terrible game.  Zibanejad out, I hope he puts Pageau with stone

Michalek has a broken index finger and is out indefinitely.

I did not see any update on Zibanejad, where are you getting your intel?

Either way, they're down to 12 so Greening has no option but to play. Unless they want to try Wiercioch in as a forward. Although I wonder if Wiercioch will draw in to give Borowiecki a turn in the press-box.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's no update on ZBad yet. I don't think he's injured, but that's my gut.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:There's no update on ZBad yet.  I don't think he's injured, but that's my gut.  

That hit snapped his head back, then he fell over backwards. Remember he's had concussion issues before and missed a lot of time one year (remember the year they didn't let him go to the WJC?) As late as last off-season he was told not to push the cardio too much during off-season, but I believe that may have been related to an irregular heartbeat and not post-concussion symptoms.

In any case, seeing how little it took to knock MacArthur out I am fairly convinced that some people are just more susceptible and that for those people it doesn't take much the next time around.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gossetspierre made "Karls" Karlsson look like a chump last night. What an embarrassing loss.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Gossetspierre made "Karls" Karlsson look like a chump last night. What an embarrassing loss.

That seems to be happening quite a lot this season.....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Terrible game.  Zibanejad out, I hope he puts Pageau with stone

Michalek has a broken index finger and is out indefinitely.  

I did not see any update on Zibanejad, where are you getting your intel?

Either way, they're down to 12 so Greening has no option but to play.  Unless they want to try Wiercioch in as a forward.  Although I wonder if Wiercioch will draw in to give Borowiecki a turn in the press-box.

I thought they said that last night on the post-game show, but maybe they were guessing. Will wait for an update.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:There's no update on ZBad yet.  I don't think he's injured, but that's my gut.  

That hit snapped his head back, then he fell over backwards. Remember he's had concussion issues before and missed a lot of time one year (remember the year they didn't let him go to the WJC?)  As late as last off-season he was told not to push the cardio too much during off-season, but I believe that may have been related to an irregular heartbeat and not post-concussion symptoms.

In any case, seeing how little it took to knock MacArthur out I am fairly convinced that some people are just more susceptible and that for those people it doesn't take much the next time around.

Some people are more susceptible, but anyone who experiences a concussion is at a much greater risk going forward.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Gossetspierre made "Karls" Karlsson look like a chump last night. What an embarrassing loss.

Not at all sure what you're talking about. On his goal, the Flyers had too many men. Seven, at one point. As the puck is going into the net the last defenseman who was coming off was just stepping onto the bench.

Karlsson's gaffe was the forced pass he tried to make after a great play intercepting the puck inside the Flyers' blue line.

Oh, and that Gudas slapshot that broke Michalek's finger? Apparently it was offside. And his hit on Turris was about a second too late.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Not at all sure what you're talking about.  On his goal, the Flyers had too many men.  Seven, at one point.  As the puck is going into the net the last defenseman who was coming off was just stepping onto the bench.  

Karlsson's gaffe was the forced pass he tried to make after a great play intercepting the puck inside the Flyers' blue line.

Oh, and that Gudas slapshot that broke Michalek's finger?  Apparently it was offside.  And his hit on Turris was about a second too late.

None of what you have said here changes the fact that Gossetspierre was the better player than "Karls" Karlsson and that it was an embarrassing loss.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, they should have won, despite the missed calls, and that much is embarrassing. They gave up *way* too many chances and left Anderson hanging out to dry a few times. Their possession numbers are pretty bad this year. Only thing saving them is having the 2nd best PDO in the league.

Are they in third place yet?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, Detroit is one point up (but Sens now have a game in hand). Red Wings are -3 in goal differential -- 30 behind Montreal. Unreal. Montreal has a 9 point lead. When's the last time a Division leader had a 2-digit lead before Christmas?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:At least we can say that was a hard fought battle and highly entertaining. I really felt like that game was ours for the taking right til the last second.

Oh no wait, that was a steaming pile of feces. Hoffman is the only guy who's looked like he wants to win for the past couple of games.

It's funny because I had an assortment of snacks and drinks, all courtesy of the Sens, in a club level suite and I couldn't even smell a hint of the feces. Strange. Maybe that's why Cyril Leeder initially had that suite reserved for himself. He knew of its feces odour repelling capabilities?

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:At least we can say that was a hard fought battle and highly entertaining. I really felt like that game was ours for the taking right til the last second.

Oh no wait, that was a steaming pile of feces. Hoffman is the only guy who's looked like he wants to win for the past couple of games.

It's funny because I had an assortment of snacks and drinks, all courtesy of the Sens, in a club level suite and I couldn't even smell a hint of the feces. Strange. Maybe that's why Cyril Leeder initially had that suite reserved for himself. He knew of its feces odour repelling capabilities?

Lucky break for you old friend. Beats clothes Pins.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You said it brah.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum