GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OT: Anyone like Prog Rock?

+6
wprager
TheAvatar
Flo The Action
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

61OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:27 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Bygones, spader. Hate leads to the Dark Side.

62OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:47 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I like fraggle rock.  Does that count?

Of course.
So underrated.  Those guys were crazier than motorhead. They were crunching on crystal method all the time.

Speaking of Motorhead, you surely know that Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister was part of progsters, Hawkwind.

more to come
I sure do. Actually saw lemmy perform the song motorhead with hawkwind when they played a show with both bands at wembly arena years ago.

Anyone see Motorhead when they played in Ottawa about 10 years ago? If so, you have me to thank. There's a whole story there, but it's true.

I believe that was at the Capital City Music Hall or whatever they called it.

I also saw Motorhead open for Alice Cooper in 1988 for what was billed the "Valentine's Day Massacre." Memories.

It was at Capital City. Long story short, I worked with a guy that knew their lighting guy. We talked about how long it had been since Motorhead played Ottawa (they used to play Montreal every couple years, but usually skipped Ottawa), and I decided to work on getting a show together. He got me in touch with their agency. I secured funding and identified Cap as the best venue. I had to offer them the show because their promoters had an exclusivity contract with Cap. They passed and while I was still talking to the agent in California, they swooped in and booked it for themselves, cutting me and my partners out of the show. Shawn Scallen was the head of the promotions company and will forever be my enemy. I'm certain he doesn't know who I am.
Oh man, you have no idea how many enemies shawn scallen has made over the years.... Self serving elitist.

63OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:49 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.
So underrated.  Those guys were crazier than motorhead. They were crunching on crystal method all the time.

Speaking of Motorhead, you surely know that Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister was part of progsters, Hawkwind.

more to come
I sure do. Actually saw lemmy perform the song motorhead with hawkwind when they played a show with both bands at wembly arena years ago.

Anyone see Motorhead when they played in Ottawa about 10 years ago? If so, you have me to thank. There's a whole story there, but it's true.

I also saw Motorhead open for Alice Cooper in 1988 for what was billed the "Valentine's Day Massacre." Memories.

It was at Capital City. Long story short, I worked with a guy that knew their lighting guy. We talked about how long it had been since Motorhead played Ottawa (they used to play Montreal every couple years, but usually skipped Ottawa), and I decided to work on getting a show together. He got me in touch with their agency. I secured funding and identified Cap as the best venue. I had to offer them the show because their promoters had an exclusivity contract with Cap. They passed and while I was still talking to the agent in California, they swooped in and booked it for themselves, cutting me and my partners out of the show. Shawn Scallen was the head of the promotions company and will forever be my enemy. I'm certain he doesn't know who I am.
Oh man, you have no idea how many enemies shawn scallen has made over the years.... Self serving elitist.

I actually do have some idea. I was involved in the scene for quite a few years. He's the worst.

64OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

I actually do have some idea. I was involved in the scene for quite a few years. He's the worst.

I spent the first half of the 90's in the ottawa scene and he would try to pit people against each other in order to place himself in a position of power. Never liked the guy even though i did benefot from him running the PA at some of our shows. But it was clearly obvious where he was coming from. Always on the lookout for a way to gain.
Im not suprised that hasent changed.

65OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:29 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

I spent the first half of the 90's in the ottawa scene and he would try to pit people against each other in order to place himself in a position of power. Never liked the guy even though i did benefot from him running the PA at some of our shows. But it was clearly obvious where he was coming from. Always on the lookout for a way to gain.
Im not suprised that hasent changed.

I suppose it's possible that he has. My experience was over a decade ago.

66OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is Styx considered prog rock?  Was just listening to a few of their hits.  Never had one of their albums for some reason (although pretty sure my sister had at least one or two).

"I'm Kilroy!"

Last edited by wprager on Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

67OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:49 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Is Styx considered prog rock?  Was just listening to a few of their hits.  Never had one of their albums for some reason (although pretty sure my sister had at least one or two).

"I'm Kilroy!"

Yes they're considered prog. And it's "Kilroy."

68OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Umm, spell checker?

69OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Umm, spell checker?

Yeah. You made a mistake. Just admit it.

70OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:14 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why admit when you don't have to?

71OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

Our old pal, Lemmy, has passed away.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2015/12/28/motorheads-lemmy-dies-at-70

72OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

Our old pal, Lemmy, has passed away.

http://www.standard-freeholder.com/2015/12/28/motorheads-lemmy-dies-at-70
Yeah found out last night. Some people even though you'd imagine they should be dead by now, imagine they'll live forever.
We lost one of the great ones yesterday.

73OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:28 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

RIP, Lemmy. He was a legend.

EDIT: Remember the movie Airheads? A band takes a radio station hostage to get their music played. The cops send a record label exec in to talk to the band, but really it's an undercover officer. As a test, one band member asks, "Who would win in a fight, Lemmy or God?"

The undercover tries both answers, then learns it was a trick question because Lemmy is God. Good times.

74OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I remember seeing the trailer for Airheads in the theatre and thinking "I gotta see that." I have not seen it to this day.

75OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:35 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Prayers: Answered!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6828129/guns-n-roses-reunion-coachella-stadium-las-vegas

76OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:07 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:Prayers: Answered!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6828129/guns-n-roses-reunion-coachella-stadium-las-vegas

Sweet. Jeebus.

77OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:01 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can we hope for the full band? I'll settle for the post Steven Adler line-up.

78OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 5 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:33 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Can we hope for the full band? I'll settle for the post Steven Adler line-up.

You can't have a full reunion without Teddy "ZigZag" Andreadis. That guy was the glue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum