GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OT: Anyone like Prog Rock?

+6
wprager
TheAvatar
Flo The Action
spader
tim1_2
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

46OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:21 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:I like fraggle rock.  Does that count?

Of course.
So underrated.  Those guys were crazier than motorhead. They were crunching on crystal method all the time.

That's what fueled and enhanced their creative and innovative sound and also spelled their demise.

47OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:27 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
LeCaptain wrote:What about Buddy Rich, there's nothing like Jazz when it comes to drumming.

What about that kid from Whiplash?

Give him credit, he can actually play.
Should have started a band instead of playing in Fantastic Four Laugh1

48OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:04 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeCaptain wrote:What about Buddy Rich, there's nothing like Jazz when it comes to drumming.

One of my personal favourites on the whole entire internet:

49OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.
So underrated.  Those guys were crazier than motorhead. They were crunching on crystal method all the time.

Speaking of Motorhead, you surely know that Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister was part of progsters, Hawkwind.

more to come

50OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:04 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Wow. When they duel there part way through my mind exploded. slowclap

51OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:16 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Wow. When they duel there part way through my mind exploded. slowclap

If the drumming doesn't get you, the trippy split-screen will.

52OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:52 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

Speaking of Motorhead, you surely know that Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister was part of progsters, Hawkwind.

more to come
I sure do. Actually saw lemmy perform the song motorhead with hawkwind when they played a show with both bands at wembly arena years ago.

53OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:42 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come
I sure do. Actually saw lemmy perform the song motorhead with hawkwind when they played a show with both bands at wembly arena years ago.

Anyone see Motorhead when they played in Ottawa about 10 years ago? If so, you have me to thank. There's a whole story there, but it's true.

54OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

Anyone see Motorhead when they played in Ottawa about 10 years ago? If so, you have me to thank. There's a whole story there, but it's true.

I believe that was at the Capital City Music Hall or whatever they called it.

I also saw Motorhead open for Alice Cooper in 1988 for what was billed the "Valentine's Day Massacre." Memories.

55OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:34 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

I also saw Motorhead open for Alice Cooper in 1988 for what was billed the "Valentine's Day Massacre." Memories.

Was that the show where priestess opened up for it? Suprisingly enough i was at that show in ottawa.

56OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think we are discussing progressive rock anymore.

57OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I don't think we are discussing progressive rock anymore.

Not so fast:

Did he?

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/12/rushs-neil-peart-says-hes-retired-from-music/

Or didn't he?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/geddy-lee-neil-peart-retire-comment/

more to come

58OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:11 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I don't think we are discussing progressive rock anymore.
actually priestess second album is very prog influenced. So still on topic.

59OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:40 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

It was at Capital City. Long story short, I worked with a guy that knew their lighting guy. We talked about how long it had been since Motorhead played Ottawa (they used to play Montreal every couple years, but usually skipped Ottawa), and I decided to work on getting a show together. He got me in touch with their agency. I secured funding and identified Cap as the best venue. I had to offer them the show because their promoters had an exclusivity contract with Cap. They passed and while I was still talking to the agent in California, they swooped in and booked it for themselves, cutting me and my partners out of the show. Shawn Scallen was the head of the promotions company and will forever be my enemy. I'm certain he doesn't know who I am.

60OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:56 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

It was at Capital City. Long story short, I worked with a guy that knew their lighting guy. We talked about how long it had been since Motorhead played Ottawa (they used to play Montreal every couple years, but usually skipped Ottawa), and I decided to work on getting a show together. He got me in touch with their agency. I secured funding and identified Cap as the best venue. I had to offer them the show because their promoters had an exclusivity contract with Cap. They passed and while I was still talking to the agent in California, they swooped in and booked it for themselves, cutting me and my partners out of the show. Shawn Scallen was the head of the promotions company and will forever be my enemy. I'm certain he doesn't know who I am.

I admire you for your industriousness and initiative. I wish I had done something along those lines. I'd probably calling myself SeawaySensFan K. SeawaySensFan by now (see: Donald K. Donald).

Speaking of best venues, last time WASP was to play Barrymore's, Blackie Lawless apparently checked out the venue during the daytime, in disguise, and didn't like what he saw so he cancelled the show.

61OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bygones, spader. Hate leads to the Dark Side.

62OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:47 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

Oh man, you have no idea how many enemies shawn scallen has made over the years.... Self serving elitist.

63OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? - Page 4 Empty Re: OT: Anyone like Prog Rock? Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:49 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Of course.

more to come

Oh man, you have no idea how many enemies shawn scallen has made over the years.... Self serving elitist.

I actually do have some idea. I was involved in the scene for quite a few years. He's the worst.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum