GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+12
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
Oglethorpe
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
SensHulk
spader
wprager
SeawaySensFan
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 64 of 67]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Sooo no one on here is talking about world cup roster announcements?  

Karlsson named to team sweden.  I don't expect zibanejad will get a call.

Bobby Ryan has been left off the initial roster, but could be one the last cuts, which sounds about right.  Craig Anderson did not make it.  

Stone with an outside shot at making team canada in the final announcements, but the odds are low.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Sooo no one on here is talking about world cup roster announcements?  

Karlsson named to team sweden.  I don't expect zibanejad will get a call.

Bobby Ryan has been left off the initial roster, but could be one the last cuts, which sounds about right.  Craig Anderson did not make it.  

Stone with an outside shot at making team canada in the final announcements, but the odds are low.
I'll get a little more into it once the season is over. Aren't we In a playoff race? Sarcasm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll admit that I won't care even then

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chicago in the process of doing us a solid.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Montreal up 1 though

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Montreal up 1 though

Anaheim took a night off. Took them to a shootout to beat les Habs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Who cares about Montreal?

The World Cup announcements are weird in that there are still something like 4 spots open on each team to be filled later, so you can't even talk about snubs yet. Subban and Perry were left off the initial Canada roster which is fine.

I find it weird that the Under-23 team is limited to US/Canadian players, so it's called Team North America. I still like the concept though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Montreal up 1 though
Do you for a second believe they can turn that sinking ship around.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Who cares about Montreal?

The World Cup announcements are weird in that there are still something like 4 spots open on each team to be filled later, so you can't even talk about snubs yet.  Subban and Perry were left off the initial Canada roster which is fine.

I find it weird that the Under-23 team is limited to US/Canadian players, so it's called Team North America.  I still like the concept though.

I think he forgot they were no-longer ahead of us.. But they are just 1 point back with the loser point, so if they had won they would be tied, with 1 or 2 ROWs more than the Sens.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Habs traded away two of their top 4 goal scorers. They are a sinking ship that's almost at the bottom of the ocean.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The U23 logo is so bad. Almost as bad as Team Euro. I don't actually mind the skinny maple leaf. USA are very unimaginative. Sweden, Russia, Czechs stayed true to their roots -- why change when it's already great.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Not a fan of any of the jerseys except Sweden.  As a Canadian, I'm not really digging our jerseys or new 'logo'.

And I agree.....that North America logo is hideous.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the sleeves of the Canada jersey are great, and the logo is ok.

For these jerseys, it's not like the designers are put in a great position to come up with something cool. "Alright, we need something different than we've used before, but here are the exact colours to use, and it has to have a maple leaf."

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'll likely be cheering for team Sweden anyways. I'm a karlsson fan. Was never big on the national competitions.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wouldn't quite go that far, but I get where you're coming from. Now if The Alfie was on Team Sweden, I'd be really divided.

Can anyone name the one NHL team that doesn't have any players going to the Worlds?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who knew that Leo Komarov was Finnish, eh?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:I wouldn't quite go that far, but I get where you're coming from.  Now if The Alfie was on Team Sweden, I'd be really divided.  

Can anyone name the one NHL team that doesn't have any players going to the Worlds?

I'm gonna guess Columbus?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Not a fan of any of the jerseys except Sweden.  As a Canadian, I'm not really digging our jerseys or new 'logo'.

And I agree.....that North America logo is hideous.  

The Tre Kronor is a classic, I like it, but, really, it's not all that fantastic.  Call me old fashioned but I like the Czech and Russian ones, Finland, too (not the one they have now because they made the crest tiny and SUOMI really large).  Interesting thing with the Czech one where they dropped the four-panel coat of arms and went with just the lion.

old:
General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 64 Czech_Republic_National_Emblem-logo-891345CE1B-seeklogo.com

new:
General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 64 Brand

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 64 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 33 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum