GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Blue Jays Talk

+8
dennycrane
spader
asq2
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 19]

61Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:59 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Blow jays

62Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:21 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Jared Cowbun.

63Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:28 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Top of the 12th. They should play extra innings and remove one player every three innings. 10-12 no shortstop; 12-14 take out the centerfielder (just shift over); 15-17 get the other team to supply a non-participating catcher (pitcher covers home).

And if you think that's nuts, how do you feel about 3-on-3 overtime?

64Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dalton Pompey. Dalton Pompey. Emergency, come right away.

65Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:45 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That'll be that. Hopefully they take some lessons out of this post season

66Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:46 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My prediction doesn't look too bad eh spez

67Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:14 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I ain't seen no fat lady yet.

68Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:21 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's done. Jays are done for the next few years too.

69Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:19 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For the next few years lol?

70Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They're gonna be amazing, they need to learn how to win in the post season, but how could anyone say that? You're hilarious ev

71Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not to mention that we have a true ace I'm stroman.

So, returning are: Revere, Donaldson, bautista, encarnacion, Tulo, Goins, Travis, Saunders, Martin, dickey, osuna, pillar.

Plus plenty of pieces to acquire a 2 and 4 pitcher - or buy one or two

Yep, that's crappy lol

72Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:31 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:They're gonna be amazing, they need to learn how to win in the post season, but how could anyone say that?  You're hilarious ev

How could anyone say that? They're losing Price for sure, probably losing tulowitzki as he does not want be there. Donaldson career year he will never replicate. They won't be able to sign anyone fits what you mean because nobody wants to play in Toronto.

This was their chance to do something. Yankees and Red Sox will be better than them next year. Red Sox have an uber deep system now. It's hard to see the Jays making the playoffs again soon.

73Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:32 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Not to mention that we have a true ace I'm stroman.

So, returning are: Revere, Donaldson, bautista, encarnacion, Tulo, Goins, Travis, Saunders, Martin, dickey, osuna, pillar.

Yep, that's crappy lol

Storman is a true ace now? When did that happen?

This team is nothing without their real ace price who they are going to lose.

74Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:

Yep, that's crappy lol

That's not true at all. Stroman is an ace, Price was fantastic but I doubt we'll commit a quarter billion to a guy who can't cut it in the post season.

If Tulo doesn't want to be there, which I haven't heard, he'll be traded. I doubt it comes to that.

The rest of the east will get better, but the jays are stacked. You'll be chasing us all year.

75Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:15 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yep, that's crappy lol

That's not true at all.  Stroman is an ace, Price was fantastic but I doubt we'll commit a quarter billion to a guy who can't cut it in the post season.

If Tulo doesn't want to be there, which I haven't heard, he'll be traded.  I doubt it comes to that.

The rest of the east will get better, but the jays are stacked.  You'll be chasing us all year.

We'll see about that. When you load up with price and tulo and all these guys, it's clear Alex thought thei was their chance to win it all. This was a failure if they lose to the Rangers. In the al east you can't compete with Red Sox and Yankees long term, you have to win when you can

76Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Alex knew they could catch at least a wildcard, so he went out and bolstered an already decent lineup - and the thing that he did the best was not acquire rentals. Price, Hawkins and Lowe are the only rentals. Donladson, Tulo, Revere, Travis, Saunders are all pieces he acquired this year that are here long term (if we choose).

Again, we're trotting out the same lineup next year, but hopefully with our ace back and healthy. We lose Price, but there was always a longshot chance in us signing him, although I wouldn't be at all surprised if he re-signs actually. He has options, but LA spending another near 30 million for a pitcher is plain silly, especially when they already have an ace with a crappy record in the post-season and if the Jays offer him market value, this is pretty much the most fun lineup you could pitch for.

Jays are set for years and years. A couple of trades, a couple of new pitchers to round things out and we're right back next year, ready to take another shot.

77Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:59 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lol Harold Reynolds

78Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 5 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:22 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Alex knew they could catch at least a wildcard, so he went out and bolstered an already decent lineup - and the thing that he did the best was not acquire rentals.  Price, Hawkins and Lowe are the only rentals.  Donladson, Tulo, Revere, Travis, Saunders are all pieces he acquired this year that are here long term (if we choose).  

Again, we're trotting out the same lineup next year, but hopefully with our ace back and healthy.  We lose Price, but there was always a longshot chance in us signing him, although  I wouldn't be at all surprised if he re-signs actually.  He has options, but LA spending another near 30 million for a pitcher is plain silly, especially when they already have an ace with a crappy record in the post-season and if the Jays offer him market value, this is pretty much the most fun lineup you could pitch for.

Jays are set for years and years.  A couple of trades, a couple of new pitchers to round things out and we're right back next year, ready to take another shot.

No team is set for years and years without the cap in place. If Toronto is not willing to spend more (due to the tax implications) than the Yankees and Red Socks and other big-city teams then they will lose their free agents. And they gave up a lot of their prospects in these trades. I don't know how this will turn out but to say that they are set for years and years is certainly far from a certainty.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum