GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Blue Jays Talk

+8
dennycrane
spader
asq2
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 19]

31Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:32 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:Texas is gonna kill em. One of the hottest teams in the league, way better bullpen, and have some bangers as well.

Rangers sweep is my prediction

I'm going to have to start writing down all the dumb Dung you say.

I will do the same. "Mike Hoffman should score 35 goals" Wink

Except that's reasonable considering he'll get increased ice time, more PP time, and better linemates this season.  Saying the Jays, the hottest team in the league since the All-Star break, are going to get swept is foolish, especially considering David Price is the Game 1 starter.

David Price has not proven anything in the playoffs. I wouldn't consider it a lock that he wins Game 1.

As for Hoffman, no it's not reasonable as of yet. 35 goals is a lot and he won't get much more PP time by the looks of it.

32Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:40 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Give us a break Ev, no one really cares if you think the Jays are gonna lose. Say it once and move on, this is serious time for us.

33Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:41 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Give us a break Ev, no one really cares if you think the Jays are gonna lose.  Say it once and move on, this is serious time for us.

oh sorry I didn't know I wasn't allowed to discuss the games.

34Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:43 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

You can, but come on. It's go time for the Jays and it hasn't been go time for 22 years or whatever it is.

Plus, you can say the Rangers are gonna win - it's not that unlikely really, but there's a tremendous amount of variables that'll go into it. I doubt anyone will be sweeping anyone.

35Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:44 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Certainly Texas is the team I feared the most after the Yanks, so let's get this on and see what happens.

36Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:45 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:So, if all goes to plan, I would imagine it lines up like this for the Jays:

1.Revere
2.Donaldson
3.Bautista
4.Encarnacion
5.Smoak/Colabello
6.Martin
7.Tulo
8.Goins
9.Pillar

Game 1: Price
Game 2: Stroman
Game 3: Dickey (going to Texas, hot weather, knuckle will work, they'll probably leave him for 3rd)
Game 4: Estrada or Price, depending on what the series is at
Game 5: Stroman or Price or Stroman, depending on what the series is at

That lineup is disgusting.  Damn!!

Yeah, looks good. Having Tulo back is nice.

One note, I was listening to someone talk about how Dickey could be the game 2 starter with the roof closed at the Skydome to maximize the effectiveness of the knuckle ball.

37Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:55 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:So, if all goes to plan, I would imagine it lines up like this for the Jays:

1.Revere
2.Donaldson
3.Bautista
4.Encarnacion
5.Smoak/Colabello
6.Martin
7.Tulo
8.Goins
9.Pillar

Game 1: Price
Game 2: Stroman
Game 3: Dickey (going to Texas, hot weather, knuckle will work, they'll probably leave him for 3rd)
Game 4: Estrada or Price, depending on what the series is at
Game 5: Stroman or Price or Stroman, depending on what the series is at

That lineup is disgusting.  Damn!!

Yeah, looks good.  Having Tulo back is nice.  

One note, I was listening to someone talk about how Dickey could be the game 2 starter with the roof closed at the Skydome to maximize the effectiveness of the knuckle ball.

I don't think they'll close the roof though, but if it rains, they might trot him out for Game 2 and pencil in Stroman for 3. Options are nice for sure.

38Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:12 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The problem here is obviously that Game 1 directly conflicts with the season opener for the Sens. Fortunately, I can use the Rogers Anyplace TV app and stream the Jays game on my tablet while keeping the Sens game on the big screen. God bless technology.

39Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:45 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I don't think I can do that. I might have to stream the hockry while I put Abby to sleep,

40Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:12 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CC Sabathia checked himself into rehab. Odd timing for him and the Yankees, but this is obviously priority #1.

41Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Odd timing? Man, that couldn't possibly be worse for them. Damn...

42Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

12:45 start time on Friday. Facepalm

43Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:31 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, so it sounds like the first two Jays games are afternoon games on...Thursday and Friday..? On Thursday it will be a 3:30 or 4 start time, and on Friday it's 12:45. Quite silly really, but at least the Thursday game doesn't conflict (too much) with the Sens game.

44Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:12 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

On TGOR they were talking about this one woman, season ticket holder, she got tickets for first two games and can't take the time off work.

Sorry, if you don't have any vacation time left you take an unpaid day. Or work it out with your manager to work late other days or add some time on the weekend.

45Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:20 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:On TGOR they were talking about this one woman, season ticket holder, she got tickets for first two games and can't take the time off work.  

Sorry, if you don't have any vacation time left you take an unpaid day.  Or work it out with your manager to work late other days or add some time on the weekend.  

Baseball is the only major sport that plays games during regular working hours on a regular basis. It's bizarre. And then to do it for playoff games is flat-out batty.

46Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:50 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:On TGOR they were talking about this one woman, season ticket holder, she got tickets for first two games and can't take the time off work.  

Sorry, if you don't have any vacation time left you take an unpaid day.  Or work it out with your manager to work late other days or add some time on the weekend.  

Baseball is the only major sport that plays games during regular working hours on a regular basis.  It's bizarre.  And then to do it for playoff games is flat-out batty.  

people actually complain that the games are shown at night now. It used to be always during the day. there's not really that many day games anymore other than getaway days and weekends

47Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:07 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Baseball is the only major sport that plays games during regular working hours on a regular basis.  It's bizarre.  And then to do it for playoff games is flat-out batty.  

people actually complain that the games are shown at night now. It used to be always during the day. there's not really that many day games anymore other than getaway days and weekends

The way they traditionally always line up the baseball playoff schedule is to minimize overlapping games. So they succeed on that front, but screw the fan bases of the teams that play the afternoon games.

You would think that playing games during non-working hours would be a priority.

48Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 3 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:12 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. They can't put on the Jays at 4 for example and start the other game at 8? Done and done.

And Diddle overlapping, give us all a break. Two games on at the same time is better than Texas and Toronto fans being Cussed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum