GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Toronto Blue Jays Talk

+8
dennycrane
spader
asq2
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
tim1_2
Ev
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 19]

46Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:50 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:On TGOR they were talking about this one woman, season ticket holder, she got tickets for first two games and can't take the time off work.  

Sorry, if you don't have any vacation time left you take an unpaid day.  Or work it out with your manager to work late other days or add some time on the weekend.  

Baseball is the only major sport that plays games during regular working hours on a regular basis.  It's bizarre.  And then to do it for playoff games is flat-out batty.  

people actually complain that the games are shown at night now. It used to be always during the day. there's not really that many day games anymore other than getaway days and weekends

47Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:07 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:On TGOR they were talking about this one woman, season ticket holder, she got tickets for first two games and can't take the time off work.  

Sorry, if you don't have any vacation time left you take an unpaid day.  Or work it out with your manager to work late other days or add some time on the weekend.  

Baseball is the only major sport that plays games during regular working hours on a regular basis.  It's bizarre.  And then to do it for playoff games is flat-out batty.  

people actually complain that the games are shown at night now. It used to be always during the day. there's not really that many day games anymore other than getaway days and weekends

The way they traditionally always line up the baseball playoff schedule is to minimize overlapping games. So they succeed on that front, but screw the fan bases of the teams that play the afternoon games.

You would think that playing games during non-working hours would be a priority.

48Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:12 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's pretty much the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. They can't put on the Jays at 4 for example and start the other game at 8? Done and done.

And Diddle overlapping, give us all a break. Two games on at the same time is better than Texas and Toronto fans being Cussed.

49Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:50 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think Texas is in a different time zone, so for them it's even earlier.

50Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:53 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, it's like 11 AM for them lol.

51Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

52Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:05 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This is nuts.

Oh, and the Fox Sports 1 broadcast we're stuck with is terrible. No pitch tracker?

53Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Uh-oh.

54Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:04 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Was it SD who predicted that Price is an automatic win?

55Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Definitely not.

Diddle Donaldson is out now

56Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

What happened to Donaldson? I'm watching on my tablet but I'm also looking at some code.

57Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There's an odor in the air.

58Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Concussed.

Diddle price isn't great in the post season at all.

59Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ok..tomorrow is a must win

60Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not a good start. 2-0, top of the 1st.

61Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:59 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Blow jays

62Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jared Cowbun.

63Toronto Blue Jays Talk - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Blue Jays Talk Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Top of the 12th. They should play extra innings and remove one player every three innings. 10-12 no shortstop; 12-14 take out the centerfielder (just shift over); 15-17 get the other team to supply a non-participating catcher (pitcher covers home).

And if you think that's nuts, how do you feel about 3-on-3 overtime?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum