GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's good to see that arbitration isn't over inflating contracts as well. You might see a few more contracts head that way now.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:Hoffman's asking $3.8M, Sens coming in at $2M.

We'll assume this is the right info, it's pretty clear that Hoffman is going to sign for around 3 mil either on a 1 or 3 year deal. 2 years makes no sense for the Sens.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Simpson tweeted that.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Simpson tweeted that.

Read his tweets again. They are just guesses on his part in reply to a guy who asked him.

Simpson has zero connections with the Sens. We will only know the numbers once they are public.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I guess we'll find out if he's right in a few days.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And he's a former player and executive in this league so he's not totally disconnected.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not saying he's in Bobby Mac's league but Bobby is on vacation right now, anyway.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:And he's a former player and executive in this league so he's not totally disconnected.  

When it comes to the sens he has zero connections because they all hate his guts.

Whenever they have interviews with the sens staff , Simpson stays quiet because they are sick of him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Even 3.8 isn't completely insane for Hoffman's production. Obviously, we all want to see a cheaper deal.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Even 3.8 isn't completely insane for Hoffman's production. Obviously, we all want to see a cheaper deal.

Agreed. If he was asking for $5M, I'd be Suspect , but $3.8 is actually fairly reasonable, but it would be nice if he came in under $3M. If he repeats, he'll get a serious payday in a year or two.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Agreed. If he was asking for $5M, I'd be Suspect , but $3.8 is actually fairly reasonable, but it would be nice if he came in under $3M. If he repeats, he'll get a serious payday in a year or two.

I actually don't mind if it comes down to a $4+ mil / 1 year deal with Hoffman. With that kind of money, DC will be forced to give him more opportunities to produce. And then we can find out what kind of player he really is.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I actually don't mind if it comes down to a $4+ mil / 1 year deal with Hoffman. With that kind of money, DC will be forced to give him more opportunities to produce. And then we can find out what kind of player he really is.
That's actually a good point. Put him in a position to see if he can succeed and we will see what we have. As it stands he's probably going to be our 1st or second line LW. (Depending who you are calling the 1st line). Not optimal but ok. I don't see this team contending next year seriously. Sure the sights are on making the playoffs but we are still building this team. It be good to see what Hoffman can contribute.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:And he's a former player and executive in this league so he's not totally disconnected.  

When it comes to the sens he has zero connections because they all hate his guts.

Whenever they have interviews with the sens staff , Simpson stays quiet because they are sick of him.
He's just an agent provocateur. Dung disturber. I wouldn't think he's connected to the sens. If anything he's just there to make sure there's someone for the other media to argue with in Ottawa.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoffman updates?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I'm not convinced that's a thing. I really don't think Murray orders his HC to play certain people according to their pay scale. It's certainly possible, but I really think that there's a level of removal between the HC and a player's caphit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Definitely would be pressure to do so. In the form of players on two-ways possibly being sent down to Bingo.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Hoffman updates?

He's no David Hasselhoff...Man

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Hoffman updates?

He's no David Hasselhoff...Man

So much for the Sens developing a German fanbase.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum