GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 52 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispensed wrote:I'm not sure what Hoffman's actual deal is.  In the paper (Citizen, I think), they said this was his last year of RFA eligibility.  I don't know if they have that right or not, but that changes a lot.

I think the Sens agree on a 2 year, 7 million dollar deal with him and see how it goes.  I doubt they're prepared to offer him more, but I doubt he'll get less.  He's easily the fastest forward we have - and last year he showed a lot of skill - more than most forwards.  He needs to continue to work on various other aspects of his game, but the eye test says he'll be a useful piece for us next year.

Now...if he's a prick and disliked, that's a completely different story.

I've heard that he's disliked, but I don't know if that's true.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I have also heard he isn't the most popular guy in the world.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yup Zibby said specifically that he doesn't like Hoffman and he's a pick hog

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I doubt anyone knows if it's true, just rumour.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Yup Zibby said specifically that he doesn't like Hoffman and he's a pick hog

In what context did he say that? Was he quoted? I'm not trying to interrogate you, I'm just wondering if there's a source I can read.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I'm surprised to hear that he said that in print.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He didn't say that in print lol. He said that to a buddy of mine. Apparently teammates share similar feelings.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:I have also heard he isn't the most popular guy in the world.

Lots of very successful players aren't the most popular in the room.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know it's pretty dead. Although the guy from 6th sens can be a little bit of a negative guy I always enjoyed his podcast. So they came out with another. In this dry dry season it's nice to hear.
http://the6thsens.com/2015-articles/the-6th-sens-podcast-is-back.html

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:I have also heard he isn't the most popular guy in the world.

Lots of very successful players aren't the most popular in the room.

He'd probably pass it more if there were any scorers on the team.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Every workplace has somebody u don't like but u work together to accomplish goals. If it's true, then players gotta suck it up finally and make it work . Hoffman is still more useful on the team than off it. Hope he sees the light and signs a one year, $2.5M contract

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:Every workplace has somebody u don't like but u work together to accomplish goals. If it's true, then players gotta suck it up finally and make it work . Hoffman is still more useful on the team than off it. Hope he sees the light and signs a one year, $2.5M contract

No way. Arbitrator will give him $4M easy. Sens will have to trade him (would have to do so before arbitration hearing, I think).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:Every workplace has somebody u don't like but u work together to accomplish goals. If it's true, then players gotta suck it up finally and make it work . Hoffman is still more useful on the team than off it. Hope he sees the light and signs a one year, $2.5M contract

No way.  Arbitrator will give him $4M easy.  Sens will have to trade him (would have to do so before arbitration hearing, I think).

source? Highly doubt that.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Chris Battaglia from The Score named the Sens trade as the best move of the off-season. He's clearly wrong (Hamilton to Calgary), but it's nice to see the Sens getting some love.

To be clear, I think the trade was great for the Sens, but can't call it the best move of the off-season.

Goaltenders aren’t supposed to command high draft picks in trades, especially when paired with an undesirable salary. Landing a first-round pick for Lehner and Legwand was an asset coup for Murray and the Senators.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/794755

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

No way.  Arbitrator will give him $4M easy.  Sens will have to trade him (would have to do so before arbitration hearing, I think).

I was thinking $3.25. I guess we'll see. Or not.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Source is an understanding of the arbitration rules and comparables. Find me another player who scored 26 ES goals, led his team in scoring, had his G/60 and SA/60 and you will find a bunch of players that are in the $5M range or about to be (still on ELC).

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Source is an understanding of the arbitration rules and comparables.  Find me another player who scored 26 ES goals, led his team in scoring, had his G/60 and SA/60 and you will find a bunch of players that are in the $5M range or about to be (still on ELC).  

One season.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Source is an understanding of the arbitration rules and comparables.  Find me another player who scored 26 ES goals, led his team in scoring, had his G/60 and SA/60 and you will find a bunch of players that are in the $5M range or about to be (still on ELC).  

Do you have examples of your comparables?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 52 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 59 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum