GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 48 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m1 minute ago

UFA Matt Beleskey has solicited interest from a dozen clubs. Agent Murray Kuntz says Beleskey will visit a few Eastern Conf clubs this week

A left-winger the Sens could use.  22 goals last year, however previous high was 11, so hard to tell if this is a blip or a trend.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I think it was Bobby Mac that tweeted a link to this article (by Kevin Allen) about the two 25 UFAs. Lists what they bring and what would be a good fit -- no mention of Ottawa in any of them (guess he thinks we're set Smile )

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2015/06/28/top-free-agents-unrestricted-2015-best/29442111/

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I think it was Bobby Mac that tweeted a link to this article (by Kevin Allen) about the two 25 UFAs.  Lists what they bring and what would be a good fit -- no mention of Ottawa in any of them (guess he thinks we're set Smile )

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2015/06/28/top-free-agents-unrestricted-2015-best/29442111/

Then how is this an Ottawa Senators TIDBIT or QUICK HIT!?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators 3m3 minutes ago

Vegas, signings, draft ... #Sens development camp tomorrow... There can't possibly be MORE Sens news this morning, can there??

They're toying with us. One of Hoffman/Wideman/Condra singing?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:I think it was Bobby Mac that tweeted a link to this article (by Kevin Allen) about the two 25 UFAs.  Lists what they bring and what would be a good fit -- no mention of Ottawa in any of them (guess he thinks we're set Smile )

The bold-red-underlined part.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators 25s26 seconds ago

And yes, it is a player signing....
2 retweets 3 favorites

Gotta be Hoffman.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators 3m3 minutes ago

Vegas, signings, draft ... #Sens development camp tomorrow... There can't possibly be MORE Sens news this morning, can there??

They're toying with us.  One of Hoffman/Wideman/Condra singing?

Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators 41s41 seconds ago
And yes, it is a player signing....

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

The bold-red-underlined part.

Nice try. Please refrain from posting in the wrong thread.

Thanks!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wideman one year two way.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Where's SSF's usual "Ay trades?" post? No trades, but there is a player signing happening.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ottawa Senators ‏@Senators 45s45 seconds ago

BREAKING: #Sens agree to terms with defenceman Chris Wideman on a one-year, two-way contract.

Whoa! Didn't expect that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Very surprised - pleasantly surprised.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not surprised at all. Nobody was gonna give him a one way.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Wideman one year two way.

He probably fell for the old "keep putting in the work and you'll get called up."

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

His contract is $600K NHL and $400K AHL. Guess that's why he signed. $400K guaranteed.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Not surprised at all. Nobody was gonna give him a one way.

You sure about that? Benoit got a 1-way and he was older and didn't win the Eddie Shore.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

He'll stay in Ottawa. No better option on the 3rd pairing on the right.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Anyhow, $400K guaranteed is not that far from the NHL minimum, and knowing their lack of depth on the left-side he figures he will get as good a chance here as anywhere. Chance to show off and earn a bigger contract for next season.

Playing in Buffalo could have been a tough year for a rookie D-man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 48 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum