GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+14
SensHulk
Oglethorpe
rooneypoo
Flo The Action
tim1_2
LeCaptain
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
NEELY
Cap'n Clutch
spader
Ev
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 67]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:Anderson + Cowen for the 16th. Sens grab Konecny with the 16th.
its too bad because I think if that deal is done at the deadline you see a better return. You never want trade for picks at the draft as that's when they hold the most value. But hey. If that's the deal to be made....

Interesting perspective. I think you're right, but if we can get another pick in the first round while clearing out a couple of logjams, I'm for it.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
its too bad because I think if that deal is done at the deadline you see a better return. You never want trade for picks at the draft as that's when they hold the most value. But hey. If that's the deal to be made....

Interesting perspective. I think you're right, but if we can get another pick in the first round while clearing out a couple of logjams, I'm for it.

I'd try to adjust that trade a bit

To Edm: Cowen, Lehner, Legwand, Prince
To Ottawa: 16th overall, Klefbom

I think Murray needs some sort of insurance for trading an 8th overall pick and a potential #1 goalie. A 1st rd pick, especially a 16th, doesn't guarantee you anything. At least adding Legwand and Prince you deal with an RFA and dump a salaray while getting a young d-man in return.

I'd then look at trading Gryba and replacing him with Phillips/Wideman for the time being

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You can't pencil Wideman in for anything because he doesn't have a contract. I don't think he'd sign with Ottawa unless they made assurances about the opportunity available to him (i.e. we'd need to trade a d-man or two).

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:You can't pencil Wideman in for anything because he doesn't have a contract.  I don't think he'd sign with Ottawa unless they made assurances about the opportunity available to him (i.e. we'd need to trade a d-man or two).

My understanding is that this is in the works. Isn't that basically what the team said a while back? I hope they make room for one of the D prospects to play.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

I think Murray needs some sort of insurance for trading an 8th overall pick and a potential #1 goalie. A 1st rd pick, especially a 16th, doesn't guarantee you anything. At least adding Legwand and Prince you deal with an RFA and dump a salaray while getting a young d-man in return.

I'd then look at trading Gryba and replacing him with Phillips/Wideman for the time being
thats interesting. But does Edmonton agree to that? I mean they lack dman and klefbom is one of their more ready to play guy. Cowen being ready is disputable. I don't know. I think we could send prince and another player in a deal to Buffalo. Maybe I'm wrong.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would be floored if they traded Anderson... completely blown away. Lehner is the guy on the move and it's probably not for much, by all accounts word is out on his character and the issues he has.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
spader wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

thats interesting. But does Edmonton agree to that? I mean they lack dman and klefbom is one of their more ready to play guy. Cowen being ready is disputable. I don't know. I think we could send prince and another player in a deal to Buffalo. Maybe I'm wrong.

Edm has Nikitin, Fayne, Ference, Klefbom signed, Shcultz, Marincin, Aulie as RFA's, and Nurse and Simpson in the minors. So maybe they aren't ready to give up a player but this could turn out to be the worst trade in Sens history if we trade Lehner/Cowen solely for a pick. I think you want a player back for sure, ideally on an ELC to minimize the cap hit, and you want to add a salary dump if possible?

Fact is trading a ton of young players for a mid round 1st could be organizational suicide

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I would be floored if they traded Anderson... completely blown away.  Lehner is the guy on the move and it's probably not for much, by all accounts word is out on his character and the issues he has.

Yeah we're gonna get Rundblad and a 2nd for a player with character issues

If Anderson gets more return, he will be moved. Simple as that as said by Murray.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
NEELY wrote:I would be floored if they traded Anderson... completely blown away.  Lehner is the guy on the move and it's probably not for much, by all accounts word is out on his character and the issues he has.

Yeah we're gonna get Rundblad and a 2nd for a player with character issues

If Anderson gets more return, he will be moved. Simple as that as said by Murray.
I'm not sure about that. If the org has lost faith in lehner then why would they keep him? Especially with all this win now attitude we keep hearing about.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

IMO we should trade BOTH Anderson and Lehner and just stack our team. Who's with me?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:IMO we should trade BOTH Anderson and Lehner and just stack our team. Who's with me?

LET'S DO IT!!!!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Nice little article on TSN about young Mark Stone.

http://www.tsn.ca/talent/stone-s-journey-to-calder-contender-1.315597

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Nice little article on TSN about young Mark Stone.

That's a good young youngster right there.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
spader wrote:Nice little article on TSN about young Mark Stone.

That's a good young youngster right there.  

I know this to be true because it said so on TSN.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Buddy Nuts (new Sens blogger that I basically never read unless I'm starved for rumours) from HockeyBuzz proposed the following:

Lehner+Cowen/Wiercioch+18th+Legwand+Prince/Robinson to Phoenix

3rd overall to Ottawa

EDIT: Just for the record, I recognize that this isn't even a rumour. It's just a proposal by some guy. It would definitely solve some of Phoenix's problems (cap floor being the biggest of them), but it also isn't gonna happen. It's just fun to look at ridiculous proposals.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Buddy Nuts (new Sens blogger that I basically never read unless I'm starved for rumours) from HockeyBuzz proposed the following:

3rd overall to Ottawa

EDIT: Just for the record, I recognize that this isn't even a rumour. It's just a proposal by some guy. It would definitely solve some of Phoenix's problems (cap floor being the biggest of them), but it also isn't gonna happen. It's just fun to look at ridiculous proposals.
terrible for phoenix. That pick has a high value an were basically sending them quantity. I mean there's value from our side of things but I'm sure they could get a 1st and a much better player back. That's just a wet dream.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
spader wrote:Buddy Nuts (new Sens blogger that I basically never read unless I'm starved for rumours) from HockeyBuzz proposed the following:

3rd overall to Ottawa

terrible for phoenix. That pick has a high value an were basically sending them quantity. I mean there's value from our side of things but I'm sure they could get a 1st and a much better player back. That's just a wet dream.

LET'S DO IT!!!!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:

3rd overall to Ottawa

I think his approach was that it fills so many organizational needs for Phoenix (cap floor, filling out a roster, help on D), but clearly it's a tsn comment section trade proposal. "Here are all of the pieces we no longer have a use for, now you send us back something extremely valuable."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum