GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Round 1: Sens vs Habs

+13
Vandelay
TheAvatar
LeCaptain
rooneypoo
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
NEELY
tim1_2
spader
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
PTFlea
Ev
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 16]

1Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:05 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Woo!

2Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy Dung!

3Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dreams do come true! Let the raping begin!

4Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:33 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Glory.

5Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:25 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Oh ya baby! HappyDance1 HappyDance1

6Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:44 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Oh ya baby! HappyDance1 HappyDance1

LET'S DO IT!!!!

7Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:53 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd say this series is a 50/50 tossup. Price scares me a bit, but Hammond looked so bloody solid against the Flyers in our biggest game of the season. It'd be nice if Bobby would do something, but that's probably too much to hope for.

Montreal's vaunted deadline acquisitions seem to have made their team worse, so that's good.

Can't wait for this to get started. Tickets go on sale Monday at 10am.

8Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:08 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Price will be tough to beat 4 times but Ottawa can do it, they can basically do anything at this point and it wouldn't surprise anyone.

There is literally no pressure on the Sens for the simple fact this is house money, no outcome of this series will create a negative vibe in this city or with that team, this was a successful season and the point where they turned the corner.

Habs are going to need a lot of things to go their way and Price to be nearly perfect because I don't think the Habs have a chance without both.

9Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:43 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The other good news is this team does have a respectable amount of playoff experience as well. Most were here for the Habs beat down 2 seasons ago, Stone isn't making is debut, and this is the type of series where a guy like Legwand, Neil, and Michalek could play fairly important roles when injuries come up.

10Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's smurf squashing time!

- Unknown Author

11Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:33 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm personally taking credit for part of this run, along with Tim of course, since it was clearly our "play date" at CTC that saw the Sens lose to the rangers that galvanized this group and led to a playoff berth.

That being said I think it's only fair that any free tickets come to us Smile

- Unknown Author

12Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:56 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's an interesting series immediately. We're in their heads like the Leafs are in our heads. Gryba is their version of the boogeyman to boot. IIRC Price doesn't play out of his mind against us, so we might get lucky and see a down to earth Price in net. Pacioretty is concussed and may not play in Game 1 at least and our speed will cause the Habs' D fits.

I wouldn't go hog wild and call the Sens a sure thing here, but it's the matchup that seems to be the most favourable to us.

Turris/Stone/Mac are on fire right now, so are Pageau, Lazar and Condra, what we need is to balance that out with Ryan and Hoffman (if he even plays, seriously) getting hot. ZBad has looked good despite slowing down offensively a little.

Methot has been one of the biggest difference makers as well IMO. Allows
Karlsson to play his game, gives opponents nightmares when he's on them.

Go Sens!!!

The Hamburglar GoSensGo! Burning Car

13Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Price h has not played well down the stretch. Sure he won most of the individual goals starts (Fleury led with 10 SOs) but if Hammond had one more start (he finished with 24) you would see a different face on the leaderboard.

Price had a good 4-1-1 record in April which masked some pretty pedestrian stats. Save percentage was .893, GAA was 2.83, he gave up 4 goals twice and 3 goals in another two games. It was the inverse of what had happened earlier in the season -- Price was average and his team mates picked him up. Also, playing Florida twice and Toronto once didn't hurt

It's interesting that they found their scoring touch when Pacioretty why down. And I really don't see Pacioretty making a speedy recovery -- that was a very nasty hit/fall, reminds me a bit of Letang's actually.

Can the Habs' secondary scorers keep it up for a few more game? Can Price find that switch?

14Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:17 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Price h has not played well down the stretch. Sure he won most of the individual goals starts (Fleury led with 10 SOs) but if Hammond had one more start (he finished with 24) you would see a different face on the leaderboard.

Price had a good 4-1-1 record in April which masked some pretty pedestrian stats.  Save percentage was .893, GAA was 2.83, he gave up 4 goals twice and 3 goals in another two games.  It was the inverse of what had happened earlier in the season -- Price was average and his team mates picked him up.  Also, playing Florida twice and Toronto once didn't hurt

It's interesting that they found their scoring touch when Pacioretty why down.  And I really don't see Pacioretty making a speedy recovery -- that was a very nasty hit/fall, reminds me a bit of Letang's actually.

Can the Habs' secondary scorers keep it up for a few more game?  Can Price find that switch?  

Price and Lundqvist are great goalies, but the Sens have never really, historically, had an unreasonably tough time producing against either. Not like, say, Tim Thomas.

This is a winnable series, especially if we just keep playing the game we've been playing for the last 2 months. It's been a long time since OTT lost 4 games in a 7 game stretch, and that bodes well.

I just realized the new playoff format means the winner of this series plays the winner of the Tampa/Detroit series. Giggitty!

15Round 1: Sens vs Habs  Empty Re: Round 1: Sens vs Habs Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:23 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

one thing that worries me a little is that we've been playing our playoff hockey game but the habs have not. i imagine they will take it up to another level. i mean this level we are on might be enough. we'll see i guess.

i hate the schedule we are on. does not work for me at all..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 16]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum