GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sens @ Stars - Tuesday, Jan 13th, 8:30pm, TSN5/RDS

+6
PTFlea
Flo The Action
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
tim1_2
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sens suck when they score first.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Phillips can't even make a pass man.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I am glad this is happening right now because Murray can't keep up the BS of saying he believes this team will make the playoffs. They can't. Not right now.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

it's a loud crowd in dallas.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Played a very good game. Dominated pretty much, but whatever.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow.

That's a brutal loss. Trade Anderson my Donkey.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Dominated against the Avs too but bad teams find a way to lose. Need to lose before you can win and right now they are going through those growing pains.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:Wow.  

That's a brutal loss.  Trade Anderson my Donkey.

Trade lehner. Hogberg is the future .

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Wow.  

That's a brutal loss.  Trade Anderson my Donkey.

Trade lehner. Hogberg is the future .

How can anyone tell if a goalie will hit or miss anymore? Who knows...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If Lehner can land you a huge piece then obviously you do it but short of that you don't even think about it. As for trading Anderson... until they can see more from Lehner over and over then you really can't.

Lehner is a work horse so being a backup I think hampers him but he's going to have to work through this and there's a ton of time for him to do that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gonna have to have a shower and sleep that one off. Barf.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Phillips needs to stop playing NHL hockey.

I guess Mendez was wrong about Karlsson being the new scapegoat. Laughing3

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Michalek scored on the last game. Maybe he gets a chance to warm up. Maybe that third line is really just the fourth line anyways.

Yet they could be the most productive line of the night.

Right again? Of course.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Karlsson has been really solid lately.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Also, Phillips was front and center for a few goals tonight, he does nothing to help the Sens at this point. Complete liability with zero upside in any part of his game. He has to hang them up.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This was...not good. That 2nd period.....ouch.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

So waking up after that game well... I feel the exact same way since going to bed.

I think the Sens had a pretty solid game overall but again bad teams find ways to lose and the Sens are but this is all part of it.  You have to take things at face value this season and try and enjoy some of the smaller things and younger players that are starting to find their own... so lets really try to focus on some positives.

Cowen I thought had a monster game, he was great.  He and Ceci have really found something on that 2nd pairing and hopefully it continues.  Gryba had another solid game... does he ever have a bad game?  Karlsson is starting to become a little more assertive (got an awful penalty for it) and not forcing things that are not there.  Real happy with him.  Methot took a huge hit (which IMO is a good thing) and came back to play 20 plus minutes, that's a positive.  Phillips.... esh.  Again the sooner he moves on whether that's another team or just hanging them up the better off the Sens will be.

Up front I thought Michalek had another strong game, he seems to be coming on a little and chipping in here and there.  For a 3rd, 4th line guy (even if he's over paid) he is still capable obviously of contributing, you just hope it continues.  I thought Zibanejad's and Turris' line were both pretty good, controlled the puck and play most of the night, same with Pageau's line.  I am not sure what they are doing with Lazar but if he's going to be used sparingly like that I would guess he goes back to Edmonton just before game 41 for him, if the Sens throw in the towel I would suspect they want to get a look at other guys as well because some bodies are going to be impossible to move.  Liked Condra again too, they should probably look to resign him on a 2 year deal if possible.  He has shown everyone this year even if he's not given a spot at camp he's going to take one somehow, he did the same last year too.

In nets, Lehner.... he's having a rough go.  You can tell in his body language and being deep in his crease that he's just not there.  I don't want to say this has been a lost year for him but this has been a lost year for him so far.  Maybe it's the kid, maybe it's not getting enough starts (2 in 6 weeks), maybe it's the flu, maybe it's all of them combined but there's no hiding the fact he has not played well.  We should probably stop talking about trading Anderson at this point, haha.

Overall it was a decent game but again you have to take things at face value, they lost, they are going to continue to lose until Murray makes a move, and it's becoming more and more apparent and IMO pretty obvious this team is not making the playoffs.  10 points out at Thanksgiving and you are out of the playoff race let alone 10 points out at the all-star break.  Give it up Murray, cut some dead weight, rid the Sens of the players like Greening and Phillips somehow, maybe move a Legwand if possible or Weircoich.  The one thing he should not under any circumstances be doing is making a move to save the season, it's lost.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hope this game was a wake up call for murry to get off his butt and do whatever it takes to fix this. Trade early and trade often!!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum