GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Stars @ Sens - Thursday, Jan 29, 7:30pm, TSN5, RDS2

+7
Ev
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
wprager
NEELY
tim1_2
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Return of Captain Giggles.

The bigger storyline is Lehner getting the start. Are the Sens secretly tanking? Are they just trying to keep their backup sharp by starting him against a weaker opponent? Are they showcasing Lehner for a trade? Are the getting Lehner ready to takeover soon once Anderson is traded? Who knows. The Sens have had 8 days off, so it's not like Anderson really needs extra rest at this point, and by all indications they are still taking a run at a playoff spot. Maybe they figure Lehner will be ultrasharp given the fact that Dallas lit him up for 5 goals a couple weeks ago.

This is as "must-win" as a game can get at this point in the season. We gotta make up ground.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

No idea what to make of the Lehner thing... could be a case where they are saying "you have had a weak off to rest, catch up with the family, and do your own thing... this is your last chance", they could could be show casing, they could be giving Anderson an extra day or two off before riding him hard the rest of the way. It's a curious decision for sure.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:No idea what to make of the Lehner thing... could be a case where they are saying "you have had a weak off to rest, catch up with the family, and do your own thing... this is your last chance", they could could be show casing, they could be giving Anderson an extra day or two off before riding him hard the rest of the way. It's a curious decision for sure.

Honestly I think it's more of a "here's your shot at redemption" thing more than anything else. They've got a pretty active, if soft, schedule the rest of the way...dunno why they give this one to Lehner after 8 days off, but stranger things have happened. Gotta get Lehner in there occasionally I guess.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

D-Pairings were weird at practice, with BoroCop and Wiercioch together, while Phillips and Gryba were the other third pairing. If I had to guess, I'd say BoroCop and Wiercioch will sit out, but we'll know more later today.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
NEELY wrote:No idea what to make of the Lehner thing... could be a case where they are saying "you have had a weak off to rest, catch up with the family, and do your own thing... this is your last chance", they could could be show casing, they could be giving Anderson an extra day or two off before riding him hard the rest of the way.  It's a curious decision for sure.

Honestly I think it's more of a "here's your shot at redemption" thing more than anything else.  They've got a pretty active, if soft, schedule the rest of the way...dunno why they give this one to Lehner after 8 days off, but stranger things have happened.  Gotta get Lehner in there occasionally I guess.

Maybe start him off on the same foot as everyone else? Can't use the excuse he's been off for 8 days, how can you expect him to play? Everyone has been off for 8 days.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm referencing 8 days off just to say that there's no need for additional rest for Anderson, our #1 goalie. If we're THAT concerned about making the playoffs, you would think Anderson starts the next few before needing a rest again.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

It's a weird decision, no question. I have no idea why it was made other then my guesses above so I will just hope Lehner has his best game of the season and starts the Sens march to the playoffs.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Really, it shouldn't matter who's in net tonight...there's zero reason to lose to the Stars. Hopefully Turris and MacArthur can turn things around individually a bit, and I expect good things from the Hoffman/Pageau/Lazar line if it stays together.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Lehner's in because they still have to give him a start once in a while, and this is an out-of-Division match-up.

How 'bout them Leafs, eh? Not only do they lose their 7th in a row, but they do it by losing in the shootout to the Devils!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Whoa!

GDT: Stars @ Sens - Thursday, Jan 29, 7:30pm, TSN5, RDS2 B8hZ7R0IQAAhRsy

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Lehner has to get a game in. The last game, a poor performance against the Stars, should serve as a motivator. It is a good decision IMO.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Whoa!

GDT: Stars @ Sens - Thursday, Jan 29, 7:30pm, TSN5, RDS2 B8hZ7R0IQAAhRsy

Yep. That's the 90s.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson has a hand injury, so Hammond has been called up. Mystery solved.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Trade imminent?

Kyle Bukauskas ‏@SNkylebukauskas 2m2 minutes ago

Andrew Hammond is on the ice at CTC #Sens

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Anderson has a hand injury, so Hammond has been called up.  Mystery solved.

Just can't stay away from chicken, eh?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum