GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Pens @ Sens - Thursday, Feb 12th, 7:30pm, TSN5, RDS2

+7
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
NEELY
SeawaySensFan
Ev
tim1_2
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Penguins are playing there second game of a back-to-back, but the Sens are coming off a weak showing against an even weaker opponent. Lehner seems to be finding his groove, and he'll start for the Sens tonight. For the Pens, it'll likely be backup Thomas Greiss. The Pens had a strong game last night against the Wings, winning 4-1.

I am prediciting around 50 shots for the Pens.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pens won't care about this game. All signs point to a Sens win.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Pens won't care about this game. All signs point to a Sens win.

LET'S DO IT!!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hopefully a big game from Lehner... he should get the next 2 here and Hammond might get the start Monday vs the Canes (would be something to cheer for).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why bother even playing. Give us the two points already since we are going to live and die by the draft. One in twenty versus one in twelve really won't make much of a difference -- it won't be us, unless it is.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Pens won't care about this game. All signs point to a Sens win.

They might care a little. If they win they take over the division lead don't they?

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Perhaps this is just showing that Lehner truly has the makeup of a starter and can't handle the backup roll where he plays only occasionally. I think that must be the case with most goalies though. I think you kind of need the mentality to play occasionally as much as you need the mentality to be that number 1 guy that's leaned on.

- Unknown Author

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Lehner probably feels that he has the talent to be a #1 (as most of us do). Managing the pressure of waiting your turn is tough for these types of goalies and it will make Lehner better in the long run. Look at Carey Price. When he was behind Halak for a year or so, Price was awful. Look at him now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Perhaps this is just showing that Lehner truly has the makeup of a starter and can't handle the backup roll where he plays only occasionally. I think that must be the case with most goalies though. I think you kind of need the mentality to play occasionally as much as you need the mentality to be that number 1 guy that's leaned on.

Lehner is a #1 goalie and should be given that role, whether it's here or somewhere else. Yeah, he might have his occasional struggles as any young netminder would, but he's a big man with a good attitude who has matured a lot in the past couple of years. My opinion is that we should deal Anderson and roll with Lehner, but either way a decision should be made and one guy shipped out before the start of next season.

Lehner has proven it time and again that when he's given the starters role, he gets in a groove.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Lehner's isn't a goalie that's going to compliment another... Elliot is a 1B type guy and can't handle a large work load and when the games becomes more important he folds. Lehner, when he gets more work and the game become more important he ups his game. That and he needs games to develop, let him work through the struggles because with Anderson being the #1, if Lehner has a bad game he gets to think about it for 2 weeks instead of just brushing it off and getting back out there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, either give Lehner the #1 job or trade him, it does no one any good having him on the bench. He wants to be the guy, he's shown he is capable of carrying the ball time and time again but it always gets taken away. They need to trade one of the two before next season starts, it doesn't work having 2 guys who want to be #1 and believe they are #1.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Perhaps this is just showing that Lehner truly has the makeup of a starter and can't handle the backup roll where he plays only occasionally.  I think that must be the case with most goalies though.  I think you kind of need the mentality to play occasionally as much as you need the mentality to be that number 1 guy that's leaned on.

Lehner is a #1 goalie and should be given that role, whether it's here or somewhere else.  Yeah, he might have his occasional struggles as any young netminder would, but he's a big man with a good attitude who has matured a lot in the past couple of years.  My opinion is that we should deal Anderson and roll with Lehner, but either way a decision should be made and one guy shipped out before the start of next season.

Lehner has proven it time and again that when he's given the starters role, he gets in a groove.

Creepy.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Tim, was that actually on purpose?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely, it's nice to see that I'm having a good influence on you.

It's clear with Lehner that he's on an upwards trajectory. The man had some maturity issues when he first came to Canada/Binghamton, and that's fine. He fixed those, he's married, he has a kid, and his game has also matured greatly. With any stud pro athlete, they need consistent game time to stay at the top of their game, and Lehner's no different. It's easy to see how competitive and how much confidence he has when he's rolling.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yah I am pretty sure I have been saying (quite literally obviously) the exact same thing. You play him or move him (Lehner), it's a disservice to everyone keeping him on the bench and pretty irresponsible of the organization at this point.

I still think it's possible Anderson is moved to San Jose at some point in the very near future.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anderson will be Buffalo bound next season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum