GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Oglethorpe
LeCaptain
NEELY
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Giroux not at the morning skate. Likely not playing tonight.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Hey, I didn't realize that Lazar's stick is in the HHOF. Back from when he scored the triple OT winner in the Memorial Cup semifinals game -- longest Memorial Cup game ever.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Giroux not at the morning skate.  Likely not playing tonight.

Nope. He's on the ice now, just very late.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Please let us acquire a top line winger. I feel that's the key to success for us. Everything else is (kinda) in place. The D is young, but pretty solid, the forwards are solid, the goaltending is solid, just missing a piece up front...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Please let us acquire a top line winger.  I feel that's the key to success for us.  Everything else is (kinda) in place.  The D is young, but pretty solid, the forwards are solid, the goaltending is solid, just missing a piece up front...

The D is far from solid. Phillips is too old, Cowen too inconsistent (beast or bust), Wiercioch too slow and soft. You've got Karlsson, who's great but needs to be reined in a bit, and Ceci who, while he still makes mistakes, is a couple years ahead of where anyone hoped, and is projecting to be the second best Sens D for a long time to come. Gryba and Borowiecki are great as a third-pairing. Problem is we need two solid LHD for the top two pairings and we have Cowen and Phillips.

Maybe Wiercioch and Karlsson will work (but is Wiercioch really a top-pairing D-man?) Maybe Karlsson/Wiercioch should be the second pairing (and Karlsson can play the full 2 minutes on the PP); that should cut his ice time to a more realistic number.

Until Methot is back from his injury or we replace him with someone similar I'm afraid the D will remain the top priority.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeah I agree we need a #2 D-man even more then a forward. the forwards will get better with time, some of our D might not.
of course getting another experienced forward with cup pedigree would help us alot also

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Karlsson doesn't need to be reined in necessarily, he just needs a really good LD next to him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:yeah I agree we need a #2 D-man even more then a forward. the forwards will get better with time, some of our D might not.
of course getting another experienced forward with cup pedigree would help us alot also

I believe Jagr is on the block. Sources will be back with an update later in the day.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Turns out Big Bert will be our next head coach.

Leafs are interested too. They fired Carlyle when they got wind of the Sens interest.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

One guy I think the Sens should be pressing for is Kassian out of Vancouver. Could fit in very well with a young core along with the type of game he brings.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Also, how's the Spezza vs Turris battle going?  

Turris 9 goal, 18 assists, 27 points, -5 for 3.5 mil a season.
Spezza 6 goals, 21 assists, 27 points, -8, 7.5 mil a season.

Ottawa sure made a mistake getting rid of him.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Of bingo? Richardson to Ottawa? Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Of bingo?  Richardson to Ottawa? Ahhhhh!

Buckle up!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Also, how's the Spezza vs Turris battle going?  

Turris 9 goal, 18 assists, 27 points, -5 for 3.5 mil a season.
Spezza 6 goals, 21 assists, 27 points, -8, 7.5 mil a season.

Ottawa sure made a mistake getting rid of him.

Hey guys, does anyone know how NEELY feels about Spezza? I'm unsure...he hasn't been clear on this most important matter.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

If you really want to know just PM me, I haven't made it publicly known at this point.

Anyways, Ottawa sold Dallas some swamp land and they decided to re-mortgage. Paul and a 2nd is looking like fair comp for Spezza at this point let alone Chaisson too... Guptil may or may not work out, how's he doing in Bingo?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes, t'was a fine trade.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Haha good stats. I didn't realize Turris tied him. Spezza is a mutt.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:One guy I think the Sens should be pressing for is Kassian out of Vancouver.  Could fit in very well with a young core along with the type of game he brings.

Eriksson for Kassian has been rumoured, probably nothing we can offer to trump that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum