GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+11
Oglethorpe
LeCaptain
NEELY
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:Fare thee well, Jarkko Ruutu.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/15/veteran-nhler-jarkko-ruutu-calls-it-a-career/

I don't have access to Youtube at work but think this link (if it works) is definitely worth sharing:

http://www.google.ca/url?q=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DGWWS20IYVlY&sa=U&ei=nhSPVK-mPNL4yQSppIKgDA&ved=0CB4QtwIwAg&sig2=QAWZ_IkN3G9Zwz9ydCPbAw&usg=AFQjCNEFOft8zH4-y_EPz_nAUuJbHmOfJw

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

I never understood why hockey fans are so lame.

My favourite thing is when hockey fans call hockey fans lame. Or when Ottawa fans complain about how dumb or quiet Ottawa fans are.

Go to a playoff game at the CTC the next time it's possible. It'll blow your mind.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:

My favourite thing is when hockey fans call hockey fans lame. Or when Ottawa fans complain about how dumb or quiet Ottawa fans are.

Go to a playoff game at the CTC the next time it's possible. It'll blow your mind.

Have you been to an NFL or soccer game before? Didn't think so.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So I attended an NFL game a few weeks back and the in-game experience was something else.

You really have to have an in-game experience for football to distract from the boring "product" on the field. Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 852933671

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

Yes, I've been to 3 NFL games in Buffalo. They were fun, but I'd way rather attend an NHL game.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Football is just a more exciting sport, one reason being there are only 16 games a year. 82 games is a lot and many of the games don't matter.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Football is just a more exciting sport, one reason being there are only 16 games a year. 82 games is a lot and many of the games don't matter.

Yeah. Nothing more exciting than a game where 4 minutes on the clock turns into 40 minutes in real time.

Please take your football talk to the football thread.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:There's pretty much no way the lines for Pageau shake down without him playing with someone decent.

Well, tonight he'll be paying with Phillips.

I meant playing cards in the pressbox with Phillips.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Ev wrote:Football is just a more exciting sport, one reason being there are only 16 games a year. 82 games is a lot and many of the games don't matter.

Yeah. Nothing more exciting than a game where 4 minutes on the clock turns into 40 minutes in real time.

Please take your football talk to the football thread.

That's basketball dude

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Yes, I've been to 3 NFL games in Buffalo. They were fun, but I'd way rather attend an NHL game.

Ya, Buffalo does a hack job. I would also prefer to attend an NHL game. The point I was making is the fact that small things can make a huge difference and I think the Sens have more impact on a team's success than we normally get credit for.

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 Tumblr_m1cjptffnq1qaj94l

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Expensive beer = lame fans.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

So Dreger said that Hall might be available from Edmonton in the right deal... well there's a player you can give up pretty much the farm for and hopefully the rebuild is done. If the Sens can somehow get Hall out of Edmonton without giving up something on their current roster how do you not do it?

Don't think you can give up that 1st rounder in a trade right now but going into the draft if Hall is still in Edm and that pick isn't top 5... maybe. Either way that's something fun to talk about right now because Hall would fit in like a glove in Ottawa, their single biggest need, a top tier 1st line LW.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:So Dreger said that Hall might be available from Edmonton in the right deal... well there's a player you can give up pretty much the farm for and hopefully the rebuild is done.  If the Sens can somehow get Hall out of Edmonton without giving up something on their current roster how do you not do it?  

Don't think you can give up that 1st rounder in a trade right now but going into the draft if Hall is still in Edm and that pick isn't top 5... maybe.  Either way that's something fun to talk about right now because Hall would fit in like a glove in Ottawa, their single biggest need, a top tier 1st line LW.

So we're not offering a roster player or a first rounder?

Let's do it!!!!

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Hall won't be traded until teams know where their 1st round pick stands so I don't think it happens in season. That said the team that is trading for Hall is getting a top 6 center, probably a top 4 D man (or potential) and a top prospect. If it's Ottawa probably could be something along the lines of Turris/Cowen/Puempel. Or Cowen/Puempel/1st. Something like that, something similar to what Seguin got.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Hall will fetch a big return.

He is exactly what we need up front (scoring LW), and his cap hit is a very reasonably $6M until 2020. I'm not sure the Oilers will want to trade him at this point though...no doubt he has issues in Edmonton (as any reasonable person would), but it's hard to say if they were linked more to Eakins, or just in general. Hall always struck me as a winner, so I could see him being sick of the loser mentality with the Oilers.

Given what the Oilers thought they could get for Perron (top line C), it's tough to think of what they'd want for Hall. They will certainly want quality roster players.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would assume you would be shipping off Hoffman or Stone in a deal for Hall so they have a guy that can come in right away and play at the NHL level and produce somewhat. Trading Stone in a deal for Hall doesn't seem like the worst idea but could bite the Sens if Stone becomes close to a ppg guy which he might have the potential to do at some point.

Hall gives the Sens a totally different dynamic up front though.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, but it wouldn't just be Stone. It'd be Stone + Cowen or something similar.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I would say Stone + Cowen + prospect/pick. (Peumpel, Prince, Pageau), maybe an additional 2nd as well. Would maybe even talk about moving Anderson in that deal which would obviously turn into a package.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum