GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: Sens @ Islanders, Tuesday Dec 2nd, 7:00pm (TSN5, RDS)

+7
Ev
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
wprager
PTFlea
NEELY
tim1_2
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Things got ugly for the Sens after back-to-back losses against Florida and Tampa Bay. Craig Anderson gets the start for the good guys, while it'll likely be Halak (reigning player of the week) for the Isles.

I don't think Bobby Ryan, BoroCop, or Methot have been ruled out for the game tonight. If Methot is going to be activated, a roster move will have to be made prior to tonight's game to free up a spot for him.

It's probably worth mentioning that the Isles are 8-2 in their last 10, and are two points out of the conference lead.

Last edited by tim1_2 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

NEELY

Mod
Mod

This is pretty close to a must win for the Sens because things don't get any easier on Thursday with the 2nd half of this home and home. If they can't pull it together tonight things could turn real ugly real soon for the Sens.

I think it could be a case of that entire locker room waiting for something to happen be a trade, send someone down, waive someone, or IMO what will happen is Lazar sent back to Jr.

Tonight they need to show up, play hard, and really try and get this season back on the tracks because right now it's a game or two from going completely off it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kinda Dung how quickly things can change from the high of beating the Blues a little over a week ago.

I think we're finding out that in an improved Eastern Conference, the Sens are still on the outside looking in. There's still relatively major issues with how this team plays defence...whether or not that warrants changes to coaching or players is a decision that will have to be made at some point.

Management took the position that last year was just kinda a fluke and we couldn't possibly be that bad again. Turns out that maybe we could be that bad again. There doesn't seem to be any immediate move that could be made to solve the problems, so we may be in for some season-long suffering.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

NYI twice, Pens, Canucks, Kings, and Bruins... Sens could be out of the playoff picture by the end of next week and IMO they will be if they don't get 3 of 4 points here.  If that is the case I just hope they make the ballsy choices and try and move some of the vets that the Sens really don't need at this point.

Hell, Buffalo has won 5 of 6 and seems to be playing like a team with nothing to lose so even those 2 games won't be easy wins for the Sens.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I just wish we had a better read on the team. Obviously there are pretty big issues, but it seems we're a perfectly capable playoff team some nights and then basement dwellers other nights. I guess that comes with the territory of being a young team.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Yup, completely inconsistent which is par for the course with a team as young as the Sens. Well if there was ever a year to take a serious step back this is it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This month is devastating. Holy Dung. This will tell the tale, if it already isn't told.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How useless is smith? I didn't even notice he was scratched last game. Didn't even notice...

That's a great use of a roster spot.

I did, however, notice Wiercioch - and not for the right reasons. #goaway

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:NYI twice, Pens, Canucks, Kings, and Bruins... Sens could be out of the playoff picture by the end of next week and IMO they will be if they don't get 3 of 4 points here.  If that is the case I just hope they make the ballsy choices and try and move some of the vets that the Sens really don't need at this point.

Hell, Buffalo has won 5 of 6 and seems to be playing like a team with nothing to lose so even those 2 games won't be easy wins for the Sens.

"Could be out of the playoff picture"? Last I checked there were three teams between them and the second widlcard spot. They are way out right now.

Now, getting Methot back could make a huge difference because it gets Karlsson untracked as well. Sending Lazar back and waiving/trading players could also open up room for callups. Season is not over yet but it's right on the edge.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Some interesting stats:

The 6th Sens ‏@6thSens 9m9 minutes ago

Sens first 13 games:
- 7-3-3 record
- 35.6 SA/Gm
- .942 SV%

Last 10 games:
- 3-6-1 record
- 34.7 SA/Gm
- .902 SV%

Shots against improving slightly but goaltending regressing to the mean.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:Some interesting stats:

The 6th Sens ‏@6thSens 9m9 minutes ago

Sens first 13 games:
- 7-3-3 record
- 35.6 SA/Gm
- .942 SV%

Last 10 games:
- 3-6-1 record
- 34.7 SA/Gm
- .902 SV%

Shots against improving slightly but goaltending regressing to the mean.

Oh yah? Based on what? Pretty sure the goaltending has been fantastic so that's not accurate on your part. Shots on goal are around the same, scoring chances are way up and as was discussed it doesn't matter how many shots you give up as long as they are from the wall or other area's on the ice where it's not liking to go in. Problem is Ottawa is now giving up prime opportunities for large portions of the game.

Can't believe you tried to say (or imply) the goaltending has been a reason the Sens have gone off the rails.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:NYI twice, Pens, Canucks, Kings, and Bruins... Sens could be out of the playoff picture by the end of next week and IMO they will be if they don't get 3 of 4 points here.  If that is the case I just hope they make the ballsy choices and try and move some of the vets that the Sens really don't need at this point.

"Could be out of the playoff picture"?  Last I checked there were three teams between them and the second widlcard spot.  They are way out right now.

Now, getting Methot back could make a huge difference because it gets Karlsson untracked as well.  Sending Lazar back and waiving/trading players could also open up room for callups.  Season is not over yet but it's right on the edge.

It won't.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:
It won't.

Not in his first game back, for sure, since he'll be on the bottom pairing with Borowiecki by all accounts, but give him a couple games to get into good-enough shape to play 20+ minutes and he'll be playing ES with EK. Take a look at what Karlsson is doing when he's on the ice with Phillips. It's embarrassing, frankly.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Methot is probably the type of thing that is wrong with the Sens, not right. Yah, he's a top 4 D man but he's nothing special and he's brought a lot of off ice crap to the team. He's a me first type guy, simple as that.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispensed wrote:How useless is smith?  I didn't even notice he was scratched last game.  Didn't even notice...

That's a great use of a roster spot.

I did, however, notice Wiercioch - and not for the right reasons.  #goaway

I know. They played awesome without him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum