GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Tampa Bay Lightning - 7:00pm ET - Sat. Oct. 11th, 2014

+7
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
Ev
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Game #2 of 82

Lehner starts. Lines look to have remain unchanged at practice yesterday. The #FreeWiercioch chants have started already. Sens threw in the towel a bit too early vs Nashville. Too many turnovers. Hopefully they can have a bounce back game.

RELEASE THE LEHNER.

GO SENS GO!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Must win, and I don't think I can stress the importance of this game any more than that. Jobs are on the line, here.

Sarcasm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NHL Game Preview: http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020021

SENATORS (0-1-0) at LIGHTNING (1-0-0)

TV: SN1, SUN

Season series: The Tampa Bay Lightning won three of five games against the Ottawa Senators last season. Lightning goalie Ben Bishop went 3-0-1, though he had to leave the Jan. 30 game (an eventual 5-3 Ottawa win) after a goalmouth collision less than two minutes into the first period. Senators defenseman Erik Karlsson, now the team captain, led all players in the series with four goals.

Senators team scope: One lineup change is certain: Ottawa coach Paul MacLean confirmed Friday that Robin Lehner will start in goal after veteran Craig Anderson stopped 34 of 37 shots in a 3-2 loss Thursday to the Nashville Predators. Lehner made 35 saves to beat the Lightning on March 24 in the most recent game between the teams. Forward Curtis Lazar, 19, comes off an NHL debut in which he had two shots on goal in a shade over 15 minutes of ice time. He also got drilled by hard-hitting Predators defenseman Anton Volchenkov. "I got caught with my head down and Volchenkov kind of welcomed me to the League," Lazar said, according to the Ottawa Citizen. "I saw him coming … but I have to keep my head up. I think he took it a bit easy on me and I appreciate that."

Lightning team scope: It appears physical defenseman Radko Gudas will be in the lineup after the NHL announced there would be no supplemental discipline assessed for his hit on Florida Panthers forward Scottie Upshall on Thursday. No penalty was called on the play. "You never want to hurt anybody," Gudas said, according to the Tampa Bay Times. He's also not planning to change the way he plays anytime soon. "It's part of my game. I'm going to play the body too. I don't want to say guys should expect it but this stuff happens." The Lightning went 3-for-7 on the power play in their 3-2 win against the Panthers, including Victor Hedman's overtime goal.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Clearly a must win situation. Clearly.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Clearly a must win situation. Clearly.

Who's head will be first to roll?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

ESPN and TSN with the exact same game day preview:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400564023
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/ottawa-senators-tampa-bay-lightning-20141011/Preview

Both incorrectly state that Stamkos got zero shots on goal in his 23+ minutes of ice time against the Cats. Truth is he got 3 (according to NHL.com).

Ryan and Karlsson need to step up. Ryan had zero shots and Karlsson was a -2. We don't want to go 0-2 like Philly. What's with that team?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:
shabbs wrote:Clearly a must win situation. Clearly.

Who's head will be first to roll?
#FreePattyWiercioch

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah. I don't know what's up between Mac and Patty but it sure doesn't seem right

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I know what's up, he isn't very good.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No lineup changes tonight

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I know what's up, he isn't very good.

OK, then please explain Cowen's ice time, especially last season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:No lineup changes tonight

What about Lehner?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:I know what's up, he isn't very good.

OK, then please explain Cowen's ice time, especially last season.

Cowen is a lot harder player than Wiercioch and he needed reps.

Wiercioch is a slower skáter, softer, and doesn't cleartp the crease.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Weircioch is not a slower skater. He needs reps just as much.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Look I'm not arguing putting PW out there in place of JC, but JC should not be playing 20+ minutes. Would rather pair Karlsson up with Phillips at this point, until Methot is back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum