GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion

+18
TheAvatar
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
SDH89
Hoags
Ev
shabbs
LeCaptain
tim1_2
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
NEELY
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
Vandelay
spader
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 30]

31Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:01 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

LeKing wrote:Love this. AT least the Blues won't fleece us with their spare parts.

I think St Louis has a great chance of getting Stastny. He grew up there and they have plenty of cap room to sign him for 7M+.

Colorado, according to A Datar will only go to 6M.

32Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:02 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

if sens want to make sure blues don't get Stastny, then offer him everything.

33Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:04 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Yep, that's the strategy. Eugene is gonna need to offer the moon here so that way the Sens will control the summer.

34Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know why wer'e not offering Stastny a 7 X 7 unless Melnyk is balking at that. Not only do you bring in an excellent 2nd line C, you limit the Blues and Anaheim's options in a huge way.

It's a win-win. If Stastny wasn't great, then that's another thing, but he's very, very solid.

35Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:05 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

LeKing wrote:Florida? I don't think the Spezzer is gonna waive to go there. But they have great pieces.

Sunrise is a really nice place to live. The Panthers have a very good goaltender in Luongo. Their owner wants to win in the playoffs.

They have a lot of really good pieces. But according to That's Hockey last night Tallon won't move down below the 8th overall. I really don't know why. It's not that great a draft and they have a lot of really good prospects.

I dream of a Spezza + Cowen to Florida for Gudbranson and the 1st overall. Draft Ekblad and you have a really good defense in a couple of seasons. It would mean moving more than Cowen on the D to make room, but that could be done.

Karlsson-Gudbranson
Ekblad-Methot
Ceci-Wiercioch/Gryba/Phillips/Claesson/Boro

36Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:08 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:I don't know why wer'e not offering Stastny a 7 X 7 unless Melnyk is balking at that.  Not only do you bring in an excellent 2nd line C, you limit the Blues and Anaheim's options in a huge way.

It's a win-win.  If Stastny wasn't great, then that's another thing, but he's very, very solid.

I think quite a few other teams can offer 7M for Stastny.  If he is really about the money, offer him 8M.  That's the only way to get him to come to Ottawa.  Go big or go home.  He, along with Karlsson & Ryan can be the basis to build the future of the Sens.  I hope Murray/Dorion are good salesmen and that his agent isn't JP Barry.

37Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:09 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

sandysensfan wrote:
LeKing wrote:Florida? I don't think the Spezzer is gonna waive to go there. But they have great pieces.

Sunrise is a really nice place to live.  The Panthers have a very good goaltender in Luongo.  Their owner wants to win in the playoffs.

They have a lot of really good pieces.  But according to That's Hockey last night Tallon won't move down below the 8th overall.  I really don't know why.  It's not that great a draft and they have a lot of really good prospects.

I dream of a Spezza + Cowen to Florida for Gudbranson and the 1st overall.  Draft Ekblad and you have a really good defense in a couple of seasons.  It would mean moving more than Cowen on the D to make room, but that could be done.

Karlsson-Gudbranson
Ekblad-Methot
Ceci-Wiercioch/Gryba/Phillips/Claesson/Boro

The owner needs to make the playoffs first before thinking about winning in it.

Gudbranson at the moment has more value than Cowen, the 1st overall has at least double the value of Spezza, so I think dream is the right word  Smile 

38Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I don't know why wer'e not offering Stastny a 7 X 7 unless Melnyk is balking at that.  Not only do you bring in an excellent 2nd line C, you limit the Blues and Anaheim's options in a huge way.

It's a win-win.  If Stastny wasn't great, then that's another thing, but he's very, very solid.

I think quite a few other teams can offer 7M for Stastny.  If he is really about the money, offer him 8M.  That's the only way to get him to come to Ottawa.  Go big or go home.  He, along with Karlsson & Ryan can be the basis to build the future of the Sens.  I hope Murray/Dorion are good salesmen and that his agent isn't JP Barry.

He's not worth 8, but I'd go to 7 if I was Melnyk with a tiny little bit of room to move up.

39Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My dream is they land Sharp and Bickell for Spezza +. Make it so.

40Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:12 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't dream about replacing Spezza with a 32 year old...

41Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:12 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I dream of Tim1_2's wife

42Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:13 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

He's not worth 8, but I'd go to 7 if I was Melnyk with a tiny little bit of room to move up.

Maybe Melnyk is pissed he 'got the Harold Ballard award' and says I'll show you guys. LOL

43Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
sandysensfan wrote:

Maybe Melnyk is pissed he 'got the Harold Ballard award' and says I'll show you guys.  LOL

Stranger things have happened.

44Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:24 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I dream of Tim1_2's wife

I keep telling ya man, she's damaged goods now that she's popped out two kids.

45Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Did the Sens leak that to McKenzie to ramp up offers? I bet they did.

46Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:35 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
If you want to use that logic there Sandy best not forget Cheechoo, picking and choosing your argument doesn't fly.  Spezza couldn't get Cheechoo a goal, Thornton got him 60.

That was before injuries slowed Cheechoo down even more.  Look at his last year in SJ.

SpezDispenser wrote:Did the Sens leak that to McKenzie to ramp up offers?  I bet they did.

Yep you can bet on it. Anytime TSN has insider info you ask yourself who stands to gain from this getting out to the MSM.

47Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:37 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Did the Sens leak that to McKenzie to ramp up offers?  I bet they did.

Nah. They would have said 10 teams if that was the case.

48Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Trade Discussion Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:39 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LeKing wrote:I don't dream about replacing Spezza with a 32 year old...

I have a bit of an issue with that as well. All we can do is sit back and wait for the move and pick it apart when it happens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 30]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum