GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+19
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
asq2
TheAvatar
Fulcrum
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
spader
Flo The Action
SensHulk
Ev
Hoags
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
sandysensfan
shabbs
NEELY
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 34 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:"Iron" Mike "Curtain" Keenan won the KHL as coach for Metallurg.  NHL return imminent?  Hopefully to Toronto?

Yeah, he totally should change his nickname now. "Iron Mike" becomes "Iron Curtain Mike".

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I'mm totally stealing this for twitter.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I'mm totally stealing this for twitter.

I see that you did.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jagr to return to the Devils..?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/jaromir-jagr-is-set-to-return-devils-say/article18336528/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Jagr to return to the Devils..?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/jaromir-jagr-is-set-to-return-devils-say/article18336528/

Devils have confirmed it now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Halak to the Islanders for a 4th. So what does that mean the Sens will get for Anderson?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Wouldn't trade Anderson for a 4th, no point in that trade unless they really want Anderson out of the room but with Spezza on the way out that will be a big enough to move to satisfy everyone IMO.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Wouldn't trade Anderson for a 4th, no point in that trade unless they really want Anderson out of the room but with Spezza on the way out that will be a big enough to move to satisfy everyone IMO.

To be fair, Halak is a UFA, so Anderson would automatically get more.

Reason to move Anderson is to force Murray into playing Lehner. And to save a couple mill. Well, not so much save as redirect to an area of need.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

We'll see.  The teams that are still left in the playoffs (besides Minny and Anaheim) have uncontested #1 goaltenders.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Halak to the Islanders for a 4th.  So what does that mean the Sens will get for Anderson?

So I guess Nabocov is gone?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:Wouldn't trade Anderson for a 4th, no point in that trade unless they really want Anderson out of the room but with Spezza on the way out that will be a big enough to move to satisfy everyone IMO.

Reason to move Anderson is to force Murray into playing Lehner.  And to save a couple mill.  Well, not so much save as redirect to an area of need.

Don't count Florida out. I wouldn't be surprised if they go with a tandem of Luongo and Anderson. Both I'm sure wouldn't mind playing 40 games each seeing that Luongo has split time over the last three years and Anderson might be the better of the two goalies.

Is a tandem of Lehner and Ellis (one year at $1M salary) all that bad? Throw in a prospect coming back (Pirri?) and I think we have something there...

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:

Reason to move Anderson is to force Murray into playing Lehner.  And to save a couple mill.  Well, not so much save as redirect to an area of need.

Don't count Florida out. I wouldn't be surprised if they go with a tandem of Luongo and Anderson. Both I'm sure wouldn't mind playing 40 games each seeing that Luongo has split time over the last three years and Anderson might be the better of the two goalies.

Is a tandem of Lehner and Ellis (one year at $1M salary) all that bad? Throw in a prospect coming back (Pirri?) and I think we have something there...

Ellis? Dan Ellis? Yes, it's that bad. He won't win a game. I can't believe he's still in the league.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

spader wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:

Ellis? Dan Ellis? Yes, it's that bad. He won't win a game. I can't believe he's still in the league.

Lots of goalies available via UFA but not sure if any are better than Anderson save Miller, Hiller, and Halak.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Empty suit, Kirk Muller, gassed by 'canes:

http://www.canada.com/sports/Carolina+Hurricanes+fire+coach+Kirk+Muller/9808248/story.html

Sure to join camera-and-microphone-whore, "Deputy Douchebag" in The Big Smoke.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:Empty suit, Kirk Muller, gassed by 'canes:

http://www.canada.com/sports/Carolina+Hurricanes+fire+coach+Kirk+Muller/9808248/story.html

Sure to join camera-and-microphone-whore, "Deputy Douchebag" in The Big Smoke.

HE'S A GOOD KINGSTON BOY WHAT A BEAUTY LET'S GO!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Poor Muller. Rough gig for your first coaching job. I said it before, and I'll it again, I would never want Staal kids running my team.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, I don't get it. Back when the NHL signed that huge deal with Rogers/SportsNet the headlines read TSN Shut Out. Everyone was wondering just how long the hockey analysts at TSN, like Bobby Mac, would stay with that sinking ship. Surely, the biggest network would get the biggest stars, right? But they all stayed one, some even signed new deals, and TSN does not appear to be going anywhere (hockey-wise). Then today they [ur]=http://bellmediapr.ca/Network/TSN/Press/More-Sports-More-Choice]announce[/url] they will go from 2 national feeds to 5 (no more TSN and TSN-2, you will now have TSN-1 through TSN-5). They will show 26 Leafs games and 52 Sens games. I can't find any details on how many Sens games will be on SportsNet next season but it certainly looks like it will be less than this year, given that TSN will show 52 of them. Unless some games will be covered by both, which seems extremely unlikely.

So, what just happened?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:So, I don't get it. Back when the NHL signed that huge deal with Rogers/SportsNet the headlines read TSN Shut Out. Everyone was wondering just how long the hockey analysts at TSN, like Bobby Mac, would stay with that sinking ship. Surely, the biggest network would get the biggest stars, right? But they all stayed one, some even signed new deals, and TSN does not appear to be going anywhere (hockey-wise). Then today they [ur]=http://bellmediapr.ca/Network/TSN/Press/More-Sports-More-Choice]announce[/url] they will go from 2 national feeds to 5 (no more TSN and TSN-2, you will now have TSN-1 through TSN-5). They will show 26 Leafs games and 52 Sens games. I can't find any details on how many Sens games will be on SportsNet next season but it certainly looks like it will be less than this year, given that TSN will show 52 of them. Unless some games will be covered by both, which seems extremely unlikely.

So, what just happened?

I guess what just happened is that you were asleep for the last few months. TSN bought the rights to local broadcasts for Sens games...and they already had the Jets and Habs.

Sportsnet will be able to broadcast games nationally - TSN will no longer be able to do this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 34 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 50 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum